• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

We talked about this a lot on the podcast.

On another topic. Would anyone know where I might find some Regeneration One Issue 81 blank covers?

That book is what we call a GHOST. You hear of it, but it is never seen. They say they are the leftovers from Daniel Khanna's signing that IDW did for the RI-B covers, and would be a leaked out book if not drawn on.

Speaking of a Ghost, the Alex Milne 1:25 from 'Till All Are One #1 out this Wednesday is also a Ghost. This may be the next MTMTE #19 R.I. of the modern Transformers collector. I had found a second copy in the UK, someone nabbed it before I could. I have only one copy on order, I hope it comes high grade!

Good luck on the hunt out there for this one if you are after it.

Shout out to Futureflash, you should have that book by now! If I had known it was you I would have mylite packed it, but it was packed and gone before you messaged me!

Comic arrived in great shape. Thanks for shipping it out so quick. I'm sending it in for grading tomorrow.

I should have been more on the ball with the 1:25 taao, seems to be sold out.

I am very much enjoying the Dying of the Light storyline in MTMTE. I was enjoying All Hail Optimus until TF #53. I found it got cheesy at the end of the issue. Till All are One #1 was a pretty good read. I liked the art much more than the last Windblade series. I'm looking forward to seeing how the murder-mystery plot plays out. Unfortunately I also saw an ad for combing Transformers, MASK, etc. Any word on if the continuity will be combined or if it will be separate? I'm hoping separate, but IDW may feel some need to keep their 1980s toy lines together.

Dying of the Light (MTMTE 50-54) Has been the 2nd best arc of this book. 1st being Remain In Light. (17-21)

Yeah, I posted about that M.A.S.K. thing, and they are using the Ultra Energon from the -Ations series' to be the start of the M.A.S.K. development, and all Hasbro properties, and ROM will share a universe.

I had hopes the TF books remain independent and they have a mini-series that ties all properties in, but ROM Variants and the possibility for them to show up on Cybertron with the G.I. Joe's with M.A.S.K. trying to fight Cobra says they will mix and cameo in other books. A reboot isn't out of the question for Formerly RID according to what I read. Last 2 issues of Formerly RID have been a Hasbro Combiner Wars Advertisement forcibly put into the story, and those bots should have NEVER been combiners. All for toy sales sometimes.

Till All Are One captures that lightning in a bottle feeling that was missing from Windblade, but present in the early days of RID. Political thrillers, with Transformers allowing more backstory and universe building.

So we have MTMTE on a Knights of Cybertron Quest. Till All Are One on Cybertron and the Colonies, and formerly RID on Earth mostly.

Great time to be a Transformers fan.

The random gestalts was a straight Hasbro thing. That's unfortunate about Hasbro's continued interference with MASK, et al in the TF universe. Never was opposed to GI Joe popping up from time to time. I am probably just used to that going back to when Marvel published both titles. I may have to check out from the series if all the toys end up in the same toybox.

This week was awesome because Transformers Sins Of The Wreckers #5 was finally released after some really hard times fell upon Nick Roche (Writer and Artist of the series), but IDW allowed him to take the time needed on this and did not replace him.

The story does indeed read better as a Trade, and likely will sell some TP's of this one! While no, it is not "Last Stand Of The Wreckers" Roberts/Roche magic, it is still a great story that needs to be read by people who HATE Prowl's character and want to see him pay for being such a cold/calculating *spoon*.

Future Flash, are you all caught up yet? Lot's of revels in the last 2 issues of MTMTE that will have you jonesing for another issue!

Till All Are One #2 is up next on the 6th.

This week was awesome because Transformers Sins Of The Wreckers #5 was finally released after some really hard times fell upon Nick Roche (Writer and Artist of the series), but IDW allowed him to take the time needed on this and did not replace him.

The story does indeed read better as a Trade, and likely will sell some TP's of this one! While no, it is not "Last Stand Of The Wreckers" Roberts/Roche magic, it is still a great story that needs to be read by people who HATE Prowl's character and want to see him pay for being such a cold/calculating *spoon*.

Future Flash, are you all caught up yet? Lot's of revels in the last 2 issues of MTMTE that will have you jonesing for another issue!

Till All Are One #2 is up next on the 6th.

Finally I am caught up on the IDW issues. Except Sins of the Wreckers #5, haven't got my shipment yet. MTMTE has been fantastic, can't wait for the next issue. Funny thing is, I had a hard time getting into MTMTE, I'm glad I stuck with it. I would put it in my top 5.

Edited by FutureFlash

I ordered some blank covers of Regeneration One #100 from the Trimpe estate. I'll let you all know the condition of them when they arrive, so if anyone needs one for their collection, I'm willing to help you guys out. These will be blank. Unfortunately, no sketches. I've yet to see a Trimpe sketch for RO #100.

I ordered some blank covers of Regeneration One #100 from the Trimpe estate. I'll let you all know the condition of them when they arrive, so if anyone needs one for their collection, I'm willing to help you guys out. These will be blank. Unfortunately, no sketches. I've yet to see a Trimpe sketch for RO #100.

WHAT?!?!?! Those are a complete ghost! Yoshi is gonna flip out!

Edit: He was looking for the Regen One #81 Sketch Blanks. Still might be excited though.

Edited by UltraMaximus

Edit: He was looking for the Regen One #81 Sketch Blanks. Still might be excited though.

I thought I had seen an RO #81 RI-B that was blank, but it was actually an RID #1 RI-B. This is the first time I have even seen a RO #100 RI-B ever. I'm keeping one for my collection. I may commission a piece on it as a tribute to Herb. Maybe a Hulk #181 cover swipe or something. I don't know. I need to see how they look when they arrive.

I have about 20 of the blank Regen One #100. Even had one sketched on.

1MLNE7x.jpg

Oh.... and now I see your edit. Yeah. 81 blank is the only one I'm missing in my collection. :(