• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A swoon worthy picture.

58 posts in this topic

Not so fast. It's quite a coincidence that Action Comics #1 is the only comic book showing. And it just happens to be front and center. The rest are magazines. And those Action #1's are the same size, not comic book size. Probably fake. Probably not even the correct time period if one knew the on sale date of the magazines shown.

Not so fast. It's quite a coincidence that Action Comics #1 is the only comic book showing. And it just happens to be front and center. The rest are magazines. And those Action #1's are the same size, not comic book size. Probably fake. Probably not even the correct time period if one knew the on sale date of the magazines shown.

Those oversized Famous First Editions get everywhere.

I came across this photo the other day on the interwebs and it really grabbed me. Imagine being able to have actually been at these newstands during that time period and seeing this. I found myself yelling at the gent in the picture, "you're looking the wrong way!"

image.jpg1_zpsscksv0ym.jpg

The Ballyhoo magazine in the upper right area is from December 1935. Unless they were selling back issues, it's hard to imagine they'd have a 1935 magazine on the same stand that had a 1938/39 Action Comics #1.

163204.jpg.e1958ce329a102c700b78d2399dba3dd.jpg

I think this has been debunked before. It's really not even good Photoshop work once you look at it carefully.

Yep. We've seen that image here before. It's Photoshopped.

Yeah, that news stand pic looks a bit Photoshop'd to me as well.

For baseball card collector's, here a REAL photo from 1952 that is truly swoon worthy.

1952ToppsAtWoolworths.jpg

For baseball card collector's, here a REAL photo from 1952 that is truly swoon worthy.

I love that the signs say BUBBLE GUM first, with the "picture cards" getting the underbilling. lol

Whoa now I don't collect cards but that's awesome!!