• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my g.a. pedigree run
2 2

762 posts in this topic

no sir, just a minimum of 1 from each cgc-recognized ped, including publisher's file copies. this one is the first quality file copy I've ever seen.

p.s. they recognize a few more across the street, and those are in hand, as well.

Ok. I see. So you are counting file copies from each publisher as separate peds.

Do you also do separate versions of file copies? For instance, I've seen some Dell file copies listed as from the Random House Archives (or something like that).

Then there's always CGC recognized collections ... and ped copies in CGC recognized collections! :D

i have most of those "collection of" books, but for my random rules only MUST have the "right side-noted" peds, not the ones where the little cage or gibson or blades... notation is right there under the title. those are NOT listed on the cgc peds list on the site--they get noted on right side of the label [old and semi-old labels, i mean].

gaines.

hof15.jpg

Nice! My favorite Ghastly cover!

Question, where do the Pookepsie file copies fit in? Are they recognized by CGC? I believe I have a few with no markings if I remember correctly. I bought them MANY years ago from Jay Maybruck at Sparkle City.

no sir, just a minimum of 1 from each cgc-recognized ped, including publisher's file copies. this one is the first quality file copy I've ever seen.

p.s. they recognize a few more across the street, and those are in hand, as well.

Ok. I see. So you are counting file copies from each publisher as separate peds.

Do you also do separate versions of file copies? For instance, I've seen some Dell file copies listed as from the Random House Archives (or something like that).

Then there's always CGC recognized collections ... and ped copies in CGC recognized collections! :D

i have most of those "collection of" books, but for my random rules only MUST have the "right side-noted" peds, not the ones where the little cage or gibson or blades... notation is right there under the title. those are NOT listed on the cgc peds list on the site--they get noted on right side of the label [old and semi-old labels, i mean].

But not on the new labels! :D

If you're trying to acquire a Pay Copy from each publisher, too, then you'll have to try to acquire the pay copy of Motion Picture Funnies Weekly #1. :baiting: That's probably the only Pay Copy from that publisher.

The photo was from a 1966 Joliet Catholic High School student newspaper feature titled "Weird Freshman Has Strange Hobby" or something similar.

The GH was the only super-hero GA book I owned at the time. Even then I knew GA books were sooooooo much cooler than the Marvels I was reading at the time so I grabbed it when the editor said, "look like you're reading a comic..."