• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

An independent comics art day! Two of my favorite independent titles were from Caliber and First comics. These are both pure nostalgia for me.

Baker Street 3 p. 4 Guy Davis and Vincent Locke, Caliber. I found Baker Street to be completely novel and wonderful. there was a time when I would race to the comic shop and hope there was a new issue. I would try to get friends interested and would loan out my copies. A punk Sherlock Holmes and so much more.

3iL8nAiz_2106161857351gpadd.jpg

Grimjack 6 p. 16. Timothy Truman, First Comics. I picked up on Grimjack through the back issue bins and couldn't get enough of it when I discovered it in 1989. I also forced them on friends and we dressed up as characters for Halloween. The noir aspects and the corruption of found in Cynosure, left me following John Gaunt through his multiple lives (shush..spoiler).

oXJpXziL_2106161904361gpadd.jpg

Book of Strange Gallery http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=3023

Juan Jose Ryp has been doing some great work at Valiant for a while, and I was finally able to pick up a piece from him this week.

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #7 Cover

WrathOfTheEternalWarriorIssue7Cover_zps1c6hu0pr.jpg

Mike

I just got my first WD page. I have had my eye on this for a while and finally pulled the trigger. I feel I got a great deal having both the inks and pencils plus a half splash page with most of the main characters. Very happy with my purchase!

119 Page 14

IMG_20160625_093324514_zps1sk64gvr.jpg

Once more into the world of crass consumerism. This time I bought a drawing by Wendy Pini of Elfquest fame. If you haven't read Elfquest, you should try it. I'll put a link to the on-line version to try and get you hooked.

I've enjoyed it for nearly 40 years and I gave it to my girls to enjoy when they were little-ish.

Wendy doesn't draw much anymore (outside of her comics I mean) and she never sold her original art (donated now to Columbia University) so drawings by her are hard to find. This one came up for sale recently and though I'd spent my OA budget for the year, I caved in and bought it.

Hope you enjoy it.

gHoFu1EG_2606161952061gpadd.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn