• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B.E.K Black Eyed Kids from Aftershock comics

148 posts in this topic

This book is amazing, and I think it's going to be the breakaway hit that Aftershock has needed. Definitely the best first issue I've read in a long time, and I am a pretty tough audience with new books these days. I really only like a few books a month if that.

Definitely buy the regular copy to read, but don't sleep on this micro variant. (only 175 available) Full disclosure, I am responsible for setting this cover up, so I'm partial. I have a small amount of them. It was my favorite option, so I thought it would be a good bet to make it the most limited cover. 5 have already sold for around $40 apiece on the bay.

IiJG7D.jpg

There's also a B+W variant that is limited to 500, but this one is the one I've invested in. The sketch one is definitely a cool option, but that micro is such a creepy image. There's also a show variant that's limited to 500 as well. If anyone is interested I could probably set something up, but I'm not trying to make this into a sales thread. The regular book sold out same day of release from Diamond. Like I said, I'm not hiding the fact that I have a nice stack of these, but I really do believe in the book, and am expecting great things from Joe.

I've always LOVED this cover.

Dreaming Eagles and B.E.K. are two of my favorite titles right now. I know that DE is a mini that is soon to conclude, but as a history teacher and WWII buff that absolutely idolizes the Tuskegee Airmen, that was a fantastic series to produce.

Keep up the good work, Joe! Aftershock's titles are certainly on a lot more radars now!

You know, after reading your message again, I now read it as you're checking out other AfterShock Comics and not other comics I wrote back in the day (which is how I read it at first glance), so you can ignore my last reply. :-)

I actually meant both. lol

I've tried a few of Aftershock's book and I'm a fan. Magneto Rex is now on my list and I collect everything Gen 13 so I'm sure that I have that around here somewhere. (thumbs u

Yea loving the books..... But cant find them in the stores :(

"Aftershock needs to start offering return on these books if they want them on the shelves." That from one of the bigger LC store owners in Los Angeles

"Aftershock needs to start offering return on these books if they want them on the shelves." That from one of the bigger LC store owners in Los Angeles

I like to know who that retailer is as I'd like to have someone stop by his/her store and have a chat. If you don't mind sharing with me I'd love that. You can email me at joepruett@aftershock.ninja if you don't want to post it publicly.

Add them to your pull list. I don't buy many mainstream comics so I'm very used to them not being on the shelf.

Add them to your pull list. I don't buy many mainstream comics so I'm very used to them not being on the shelf.

Yep me too.

Finally read issue 1, and I'm hooked. I don't know why I didn't believe the hype, but I'm glad I finally gave it a chance. It's too late. They have me.

The art is leagues above so many other current books.

Good. Good. Soon our plans of world domination will be complete. (insert evil laughter here)

I finally got around to reading #1. Loved the art and the premise, but did get turned around in quite a few panels where a character seemed to switch shirts or something just didn't add up for me. Maybe I am just trippin. These are small gripes and I will for sure check out the next few issues!

No Shirley Temple drinking vegetarian will ever dominate the world.

Finally read issue 1, and I'm hooked. I don't know why I didn't believe the hype, but I'm glad I finally gave it a chance. It's too late. They have me.

The art is leagues above so many other current books.

Good. Good. Soon our plans of world domination will be complete. (insert evil laughter here)

It takes a little work but:

Generally, never post an image larger than 1000px for either Horizontal or Vertical.

You can resize large photos or scans on Microsoft Paint.

- Open the image with Microsoft Paint

- "Resize" at the top left

- Select "Pixels"

- Usually 700 - 750 for the longer side is best

Upload using http://www.tinypic.com

(You can resize here as well: Message Board (640x480))

Upload your image, then copy and paste the:

"IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"

You can also do a Google Image search for images:

Google Images, click on the image, click "View Image", copy the link at the top of your browser, paste it using above.

Other sites to upload:

http://postimage.org/

http://www.photobucket.com (if you use Photobucket, be advised the image will disappear after a period of time)

http://imgur.com/

Hey, if of you on here know of any stores that might be interested in doing a retailer-specifc/exclusive BLACK-EYED KDIS cover let me know. I have several artists I could pull in for covers. Might even be able to do an in-store signing with me and/or the cover artist as well. I'm always looking for a reason to travel. :-)

Hey, if of you on here know of any stores that might be interested in doing a retailer-specifc/exclusive BLACK-EYED KDIS cover let me know. I have several artists I could pull in for covers. Might even be able to do an in-store signing with me and/or the cover artist as well. I'm always looking for a reason to travel. :-)

:popcorn: