• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Viola Davis Wanted To Pepper Spray Jared Leto For His SUICIDE SQUAD Gift

yKcWsdH9.jpg

"We all got gifts from Jared. I got bullets, in a box," Davis said in an interview with E! Online. The actress said she was properly introduced to Leto out of character at an event for Glamour Magazine. "Before that I was only introduced to The Joker. There was a part of me that wanted to say, and have my pepper spray out, you remember that bullet you sent me? He was completely committed." Despite the tough facade of her character, Davis admitted the gift made her a little uneasy. "It was a little worrisome," Davis said. "It made you a little bit nervous and I'm pretty tough. You know I got into a few fights when I was growing up...but it scared me a little bit."

Bullets seem pretty tame compared to Leto's other gifts to his castmates, which reportedly included rats, a dead pig, anal beads, and used condoms. Despite this, Davis praised Leto's performance in the film along with her other castmates. "Every single person in [suicide Squad] gets to be completely insane because all the characters are insane. They're bad guys, we're all bad guys."

Viola Davis Wanted To Pepper Spray Jared Leto For His SUICIDE SQUAD Gift

yKcWsdH9.jpg

"We all got gifts from Jared. I got bullets, in a box," Davis said in an interview with E! Online. The actress said she was properly introduced to Leto out of character at an event for Glamour Magazine. "Before that I was only introduced to The Joker. There was a part of me that wanted to say, and have my pepper spray out, you remember that bullet you sent me? He was completely committed." Despite the tough facade of her character, Davis admitted the gift made her a little uneasy. "It was a little worrisome," Davis said. "It made you a little bit nervous and I'm pretty tough. You know I got into a few fights when I was growing up...but it scared me a little bit."

Bullets seem pretty tame compared to Leto's other gifts to his castmates, which reportedly included rats, a dead pig, anal beads, and used condoms. Despite this, Davis praised Leto's performance in the film along with her other castmates. "Every single person in [suicide Squad] gets to be completely insane because all the characters are insane. They're bad guys, we're all bad guys."

If that's what you get for a bullet, what do you get for a used condom. What if he sent it to Will Smith, except in a twist, it was a condom Will had used. Now that's deep in character.

Suicide Squad Director Teases A.R.G.U.S. With New Image

um7hlic.png

Suicide Squad director David Ayer released a photo that may be teasing the cinematic existence of one of DC Comics’ most significant acronym organizations, A.R.G.U.S. The photo seems to show a manual for Non-human Entity Joint Combat Operations (NHEJCO) stamped with the seal of the Department of Homeland Security and a blue and red seal that resembles that of A.R.G.U.S.

In the DC Comics universe, A.R.G.U.S. is a U.S. government agency run by Amanda Waller, who will be played by Viola Davis in Suicide Squad. The organization's history is rumored to date back to the American Revolution, beginning as the Armed Revolutionaries Governing Under Secrecy and becoming the Anonymous Ranger Group of the United States following the war. In the modern day, they have shifted their focus to super-humans and been rechristened the Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-Humans.

Jared Leto Talks More About Playing The Joker In SUICIDE SQUAD And Teases Comic-Con Appearance

Deadline recently caught up with Jared Leto, and the trade of course asked the actor about his role as The Joker in Suicide Squad. While he didn't give too much away, the Oscar winner summed the movie up pretty well in just two sentences. "You can anticipate a lot of chaos and a hell of a lot of fun. And, I think, something completely different than other movies in the genre."

Leto then went on to elaborate on how he feels to be the latest actor to step into the Clown Prince of Crime's shoes. "Aww, it was a role of a lifetime. Really, it was an incredible honor to be asked to play the part. Look, there have been so many incredible performances of the Joker over the years. Then there’s the wonderful artists that have drawn this character and the writers that have written the Joker for 75 years and more through television and film and animated projects. I found it a real honor to be asked to continue the tradition. I’m so grateful that I had the chance, that’s my honest answer and my thoughts on it."

There was a rumor floating around the movie was only 1 hour 40 minutes long.

SUICIDE SQUAD Official Runtime Revealed

Collider reckon they've managed to confirm that the film will run for a substantial enough 130 minutes with credits. This follows a debunked rumor that it'd only be 1 hour and 40 minutes long.

Two hours-Ten Minutes seems reasonable without being too short or too excessive.

Suicide Squad Director Teases A.R.G.U.S. With New Image

um7hlic.png

Suicide Squad director David Ayer released a photo that may be teasing the cinematic existence of one of DC Comics’ most significant acronym organizations, A.R.G.U.S. The photo seems to show a manual for Non-human Entity Joint Combat Operations (NHEJCO) stamped with the seal of the Department of Homeland Security and a blue and red seal that resembles that of A.R.G.U.S.

In the DC Comics universe, A.R.G.U.S. is a U.S. government agency run by Amanda Waller, who will be played by Viola Davis in Suicide Squad. The organization's history is rumored to date back to the American Revolution, beginning as the Armed Revolutionaries Governing Under Secrecy and becoming the Anonymous Ranger Group of the United States following the war. In the modern day, they have shifted their focus to super-humans and been rechristened the Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-Humans.

A.R.G.U.S.H.

Man, the promo materials for this just don't work for me - the cartoony spray paint rainbows all over just don't create a feel that makes me think this will be good.

When I think about it, I want to see it, and then every time I see a promo, all I can think about is how terrible it looks.

Man, the promo materials for this just don't work for me - the cartoony spray paint rainbows all over just don't create a feel that makes me think this will be good.

When I think about it, I want to see it, and then every time I see a promo, all I can think about is how terrible it looks.

Are you saying you don't think they've got The Right Stuff?

il_570xN.1005454571_9hxd.jpg

Karen Fukuhara Talks About Her Badass Character in ‘Suicide Squad’

Karen-Fukuhara-Playboy.jpg

Despite the fact that she's often portrayed as being a tad deranged, Katana is a good guy, and based on comments from Karen Fukuhara in a recent chat with Playboy, that will seemingly remain the case.

“As a first-generation Japanese American, I’ve always wanted to play a samurai warrior like my Suicide Squad character, Katana. Samurai are almost always male, so growing up in America I had a hard time figuring out role models. Katana and I may not have the same personality, but coming from the same cultural upbringing, we share core values. In Japanese culture there’s this idea of putting others before yourself, but I’ve also never wanted to let myself down. Someone recently told me how refreshing it is to see an Asian woman as a superhero. That stuck with me. Stand up for yourself and what you love.”

a-look-to-the-past-the-suicide-squad-cast-in-their-earliest-roles-703821.jpg

Karen Fukuhara Talks About Her Badass Character in ‘Suicide Squad’

Karen-Fukuhara-Playboy.jpg

Despite the fact that she's often portrayed as being a tad deranged, Katana is a good guy, and based on comments from Karen Fukuhara in a recent chat with Playboy, that will seemingly remain the case.

“As a first-generation Japanese American, I’ve always wanted to play a samurai warrior like my Suicide Squad character, Katana. Samurai are almost always male, so growing up in America I had a hard time figuring out role models. Katana and I may not have the same personality, but coming from the same cultural upbringing, we share core values. In Japanese culture there’s this idea of putting others before yourself, but I’ve also never wanted to let myself down. Someone recently told me how refreshing it is to see an Asian woman as a superhero. That stuck with me. Stand up for yourself and what you love.”

a-look-to-the-past-the-suicide-squad-cast-in-their-earliest-roles-703821.jpg

:cloud9::luhv:

Man, I gotta say, I didn't have high hopes for Leto as the Joker.

And the more I see of his performance, the more I hate it. Which is saying a LOT, because I really really didn't like the initial footage, or even the early teaser images. And still I wanted him to pull it off and win me over, I really did.

But ugh....

Man, I gotta say, I didn't have high hopes for Leto as the Joker.

And the more I see of his performance, the more I hate it. Which is saying a LOT, because I really really didn't like the initial footage, or even the early teaser images. And still I wanted him to pull it off and win me over, I really did.

But ugh....

Dunno where you're coming from with this, at all.

Leto is a fairly well accomplished actor, to begin with.

From the small amount of footage that I have seen of him in this role, he plays the role of a deranged criminal mastermind as good as anyone could.

I think he is an incredibly talented actor, actually. I think his portrayal of this character (from the various clips I've seen) is so ridiculous it's impeding my desire to enjoy it. And the stories in various media about him sending bullets to cast members and stuff behind the scenes is not creepy, it's cheesey trying to pretend it's creepy.

Of course, IMO, the art direction they have taken with the character is also beyond stupid.

I've read their explanations, and I get where they were trying to take it, and I would have been OK had it been executed in a more thoughtful manner, but instead my gut reaction is that it looks like bufoonery instead of mania. If this guy approached me on the street, I'd not be scared, I'd laugh in HIS face.

It's not frightening in the least. Not to me.

When I say i didn't have high hopes, I meant because I saw the early images that were leaked and then the original promo shots. It looked stupid then, and the more I see of him mugging for the camera, the more silly it comes across to me.

I WANT to be terrified. I want to be unsettled. Instead, watching this stuff, all I want to do is go watch something good.

But that's just my .02¢