• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYNONNA EARP on SYFY Channel (April 2016)

34 posts in this topic

SyFy Adapting IDW's Wynonna Earp To Series

With an initial order of 13 one-hour episodes, Wynonna Earp is a fast-paced, contemporary thriller that follows Wyatt Earp’s great granddaughter as she battles demons and other supernatural beings. Wynonna is a witty and wild modern day gunslinger, using her unique abilities and a dysfunctional posse of allies to bring the paranormal to justice. The series is scheduled to premiere in April 2016.

“Wynonna Earp is a unique contemporary western that will bring high octane, full-throttle, supernatural action to Syfy,” said Chris Regina, SVP, Programming, Syfy. “It is wildly imaginative and we are excited to work with Seven24 Films, IDW Entertainment and Emily on this truly original concept that will showcase fun, stylized visuals and pure escapism.”

Melanie Scrofano (Damien, Gangland Undercover) will star as Wynonna Earp. Tim Rozon (Being Human, Instant Star) will play legendary con artist Doc Holliday, and Shamier Anderson (Defiance, Constantine) plays the mysterious Agent Dolls.

syfy-wynonna-earp.jpg

86bdb97abcd7cbb10cbc2532ac72f082_xl.jpg

SyFy Adapting IDW's Wynonna Earp To Series

With an initial order of 13 one-hour episodes, Wynonna Earp is a fast-paced, contemporary thriller that follows Wyatt Earp’s great granddaughter as she battles demons and other supernatural beings. Wynonna is a witty and wild modern day gunslinger, using her unique abilities and a dysfunctional posse of allies to bring the paranormal to justice. The series is scheduled to premiere in April 2016.

“Wynonna Earp is a unique contemporary western that will bring high octane, full-throttle, supernatural action to Syfy,” said Chris Regina, SVP, Programming, Syfy. “It is wildly imaginative and we are excited to work with Seven24 Films, IDW Entertainment and Emily on this truly original concept that will showcase fun, stylized visuals and pure escapism.”

Melanie Scrofano (Damien, Gangland Undercover) will star as Wynonna Earp. Tim Rozon (Being Human, Instant Star) will play legendary con artist Doc Holliday, and Shamier Anderson (Defiance, Constantine) plays the mysterious Agent Dolls.

syfy-wynonna-earp.jpg

86bdb97abcd7cbb10cbc2532ac72f082_xl.jpg

This sounds very interesting.

This show is turning out to be more interesting than I expected.

It took a couple of episodes but I'm into it now. Really enjoyable.

It reminds me somewhat of the 2001 TV series WITCHBLADE, which was also based on a comic book. Both feature wiseass female leads, a supernatural weapon and demon destruction. I have the WITCHBLADE DVD set and have been picking it up again thanks to Wynonna.

This is actually a decent show. Glad to see it is sticking around.

Good news for Earpers! Syfy has announced Wynonna Earp will return next year. The announcement came with typical humor from star Melanie Scrofano. “I … had a burrito for lunch,” she said. “And we’re coming back for season two!”

“A huge shoutout to Syfy,” she added.

The show’s future was not guaranteed and fans launched a campaign to bring the show back on Twitter. The online response was part of the choice to bring the show back. “The crusade you started to renew the show was very much heard by Syfy,” said actress Katherine Barrell, who recurs on the show as fan favorite Officer Haught “So good job!”

I guess they wanted to make it official.

Wynonna Earp Renewed For Season 2

Today, during the Wynonna Earp panel at Comic Con International in San Diego, SEVEN24 Films and IDW Entertainment announced that Syfy has renewed Wynonna Earp for a second season.

“In just one season, Wynonna Earp has struck a chord with the fans,” said IDW Entertainment President David Ozer. “We look forward to continuing this epic journey.”

"I'm absolutely thrilled we have the opportunity to deliver more of our witty, female-led, kickass, diverse supernatural series to our passionate fan base around the world," said Executive Producer Emily Andras.

“The strong female characters in this series have turned viewers into passionate fans,” said SEVEN24 Films’ Jordy Randall. “We can’t wait to see our amazing cast back in the roles that Emily has crafted for them."