• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Incredible Hulk Annual #6 is getting some love on today's news. Last NM copy to sell was a slabbed 9.6 back in March for ~$35.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-ANNUAL-6-FIRST-PARAGON-WARLOCK-COCOON-1977-/311624335326?hash=item488e41ffde:g:uGUAAOSwepZXTfPq

doh! Should've held.

My 9.8 only sold for $90 at auction a couple months back after trying to get substantially more on the Clink exchange. It was only one of 2 on the census I believe. Ouch! Should have left it on the exchange. I had a feeling it would be relevant with all the Warlock buzz.

dumb*ss

You can't win em all. I sold a raw Batman 251 on the boards several years back. I graded it at 9.0. The person who bought it slabbed it and it came back 9.6. :tonofbricks: Do you know what a 9.6 Batman 251 goes for these days?

Also sold my Iron Man 55 before it went bonkers. Ah well, que sera sera

When my wife decided we were getting a house, I sold a Batman 251 CGC 9.6 and an IM 55 CGC 9.4 to defray the moving costs well before those books really blew up, so I feel your pain :cry:

:devil: I still have my Iron Man 55.

Tweeted out by DC plus being mentioned and shown in the main article about his death on CNN and probably elsewhere...book is going to fetch stupid prices over the next few days.

The money would have to be very stupid before I part with mine.

Tweeted out by DC plus being mentioned and shown in the main article about his death on CNN and probably elsewhere...book is going to fetch stupid prices over the next few days.

The money would have to be very stupid before I part with mine.

Yup. It has some fantastic Neal Adams artwork. Very nice book.

Incredible Hulk Annual #6 is getting some love on today's news. Last NM copy to sell was a slabbed 9.6 back in March for ~$35.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-ANNUAL-6-FIRST-PARAGON-WARLOCK-COCOON-1977-/311624335326?hash=item488e41ffde:g:uGUAAOSwepZXTfPq

doh! Should've held.

My 9.8 only sold for $90 at auction a couple months back after trying to get substantially more on the Clink exchange. It was only one of 2 on the census I believe. Ouch! Should have left it on the exchange. I had a feeling it would be relevant with all the Warlock buzz.

dumb*ss

You can't win em all. I sold a raw Batman 251 on the boards several years back. I graded it at 9.0. The person who bought it slabbed it and it came back 9.6. :tonofbricks: Do you know what a 9.6 Batman 251 goes for these days?

When my wife decided we were getting a house, I sold a Batman 251 CGC 9.6 and an IM 55 CGC 9.4 to defray the moving costs well before those books really blew up, so I feel your pain :cry:

Same here, but you DID get the house, right? :grin:

Yes and even though I had much more discretionary income living in an apartment, I wouldn't want to go back after having a house.

doh! Should've held.

dumb*ss

I was discussing this with Emily after I wrote the post and she was like " you shouldn't have sold them, I would rather you'd have kept them". I really should've said something back then instead of just selling them. :pullhair:

Yeah, but his neighbourhood is :fear:

(Just kidding, hi Logan :hi: )

We live in an area surrounded by cops and we still got robbed last year.

Next time I buy a house from a police officer I'm not going to take his advice to not "waste my money" on a security system.

Yeah, but his neighbourhood is :fear:

(Just kidding, hi Logan :hi: )

We live in an area surrounded by cops and we still got robbed last year.

Next time I buy a house from a police officer I'm not going to take his advice to not "waste my money" on a security system.

We have two, of the four legged variety.

doh! Should've held.

dumb*ss

I was discussing this with Emily after I wrote the post and she was like " you shouldn't have sold them, I would rather you'd have kept them". I really should've said something back then instead of just selling them. :pullhair:

We sold the '69 Alfa duetto, the Hulk 181, the Avengers 4 and just about everything else that wasn't moving . . . :insane:

Marvel Two-In-One #61

btw, this is a BA book. It is not, I repeat, NOT a Modern book. :grin:

Didn't see this coming at all . . . so thanks! :grin:

So first, Marvel Two-In-One #61 blows up, now Doc Savage is moving . . . you gotta love this market. :grin:

Uhh! I've searching for a Doc Savage 1 and 2 in 9.8 white..I have the rest of the 8 issues in 9.8 white...Just my luck.

That book has been both hot and under the radar for a while now. You can still pick it up cheap, but mid to high-grade fetches good money. (two of those sales are mine). :)

Yes, maybe a year or two ago interested started because he was rumored for a movie I believe. Seems to be trending back up now I believe. Possibly because of new rumors about GotG 2.

I wish i knew bout this site before i got involved buying from frank he almost screwed me over with 501.00 but i went through alot to get my money back this guy is so rude and vulgar has no customer support skills plus acted so racist towards me its unbelievable i don't see how ebay hasnt shut him down from selling he trys toget you to pay him outside of ebay to avoid ebay fees...