• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

7F3D2067-49D5-497F-84E4-4BC9A3515199_zpsao6oht7e.jpg

Another Phantom Lady gets covered in Mylar and goes in the box :banana:

I know boxes are for wimps, but I don't have any of the spinny racks anymore :eyeroll:

Very cool! I'm down to that one, #14 and 3 Blue Beetles to finish off my late Fox collection. I got what I really want the most so it comes down to finding a presentable copy that people like me and fifties can afford...

and jimmerses

I know boxes are for wimps, but I don't have any of the spinny racks anymore :eyeroll:

Very cool! I'm down to that one, #14 and 3 Blue Beetles to finish off my late Fox collection. I got what I really want the most so it comes down to finding a presentable copy that people like me and fifties can afford...

I own a book that Robot-Man doesn't have? I am speechless :acclaim:

Do you happen to have an extra JoJo 25?

I own a book that Robot-Man doesn't have? I am speechless :acclaim:

Do you happen to have an extra JoJo 25?

Probably lots. You know however many books you have there is always more you need... Only have one JoJo #25 and it's all mine!

comjojo24_zpsao84fsin.jpg

Tough to pass up a "never seen it before" for $45. Thanks to rube11.

bsc_zps8p7nsifg.jpg

I never knew what the theme of this comic was(despite seeing but probably not reading the old ads) so I always wondered why this kid had his own comic.

Then recently my cousins who collect old cars explained to me what a Shelby bike was and wheeled out one of their Donald Duck bikes.

So now I know that this comic is based on the Shelby bikes, they are collectible and they made those crazy Donald Duck bikes! No more googling to see who Bobby Shelby was and why he had his own comic. :grin:

OK......... I need some input, please. I just acquired a decent copy in trade of America's Greatest Comics 3, and while checking it over, I noticed the Minute Man story with what looked like stellar S&K art. I realized that there wasn't much chance this would have been overlooked all these years, so I went to GCD and found it attributed to a Phil Bard, of whom I had never heard. Any info or other work by him in this style that anyone can share ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Scan-150907-0019_zpszt1qov6x.jpg
Edited by jimjum12

I've got this one too. My favorite Airboy. "Giving da girl friend a whirl" I think I did a subset in my junk thread about these covers. If not, I should.

comairboy_zps3wagtv7l.jpg

Bob, here is my copy of that book! I think I might be the first person who ever opened it. :luhv:

B9CD2B79-6B44-4509-8B3A-C8834170FB13_zpsvjgtxk3v.jpg

27FD7610-C93D-4604-8C26-280A37FC5750_zpsvpjii1jb.jpg

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

27759499210_a3933c0bac_b.jpg

I recently picked up a Boy 30 and compared the Crimebuster Origin to that of Boy 3. They are almost the same. A few figures were redrawn but they are mostly the same except for new colors. Did they use stats and redraw Crimebusters face to update or what? hm

I recently picked up a Boy 30 and compared the Crimebuster Origin to that of Boy 3. They are almost the same. A few figures were redrawn but they are mostly the same except for new colors. Did they use stats and redraw Crimebusters face to update or what? hm

maybe just a wild coincidence that they look the same? lol Picked this one up yesterday at Miami Supercon ...RICK

filmo%20114_zpsxh7hmdp3.jpg

OK......... I need some input, please. I just acquired a decent copy in trade of America's Greatest Comics 3, and while checking it over, I noticed the Minute Man story with what looked like stellar S&K art. I realized that there wasn't much chance this would have been overlooked all these years, so I went to GCD and found it attributed to a Phil Bard, of whom I had never heard. Any info or other work by him in this style that anyone can share ? GOD BLESS...

It resembles S&K or maybe inked to resemble them, but whoever did the Mr. Scarlet story also did the Minute Man IMO

It resembles S&K or maybe inked to resemble them, but whoever did the Mr. Scarlet story also did the Minute Man IMO

...it really is a good imitation..... it almost fooled me, and I love it just the same. I think Mr.Scarlett is attributed to him as well.... GOD BLESS...

This isn't officially mine yet...... it's part of a trade in process...... but this is another book I've wanted for years. Flex sold his copy(8.5) on the sales forum a while back, but I just couldn't afford it at the time..... one of the ones that got away. Come to think of it, a lot of the one's that got away were Flex books.... GOD BLESS...

Scan-160626-0002_zpsm8v4u7kq.jpg

maybe just a wild coincidence that they look the same? lol Picked this one up yesterday at Miami Supercon ...RICK

filmo%20114_zpsxh7hmdp3.jpg

grrrrrrr

I'm a big fan of Bard's work on Minute Man...

JB has the splash page to this story, I had to settle for the measly conclusion.

phil%20bard%20minute%20man%20sm_zps4dudv3ul.jpg

I'm a big fan of Bard's work on Minute Man...

JB has the splash page to this story, I had to settle for the measly conclusion.

phil%20bard%20minute%20man%20sm_zps4dudv3ul.jpg

...thanks, Dan. I can't seem to find a lot about him..... possibly some Pulp illustrations and several comic stories, all(?) for Fawcett. GOD BLESS....