• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,791 posts in this topic

Thought I'd bump the thread with a pickup from last night's CLink auction. Missed out on all but one of the Center Valley issues. This is the one I managed to nab.

RADEDBFE201644_165134_zpsrleiczis.jpg

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

SMILIN' JACK...one of my all-time favorite comic strips!

mm

Thanks, Marty. You know, I've never read any Smilin' Jack, but after your endorsement, I will track some down.

Bought this on the boards raw from Crassus as an 8.5. Sent in without a press.

This is the first copy of this issue graded. Seems odd. Anyone know if there is a story behind that?

d38a3cc6-1162-4c62-a27b-891fb83ae35a_zpsc8w3cqlj.jpg

This is the first copy of this issue graded. Seems odd. Anyone know if there is a story behind that?

That is one BEAUTIFUL copy! :applause::applause: (would be even nicer to see it posted in the Bugs/Looney thread :sumo: , but who's complaining?

Only explanation I can give is outside of keys and war covers the iconic Looney Tunes canon just lags behind their Disney counterparts in the comic book collecting community. The cover image / scene alone is slab worthy in my eyes though. Thanks for sharing!

....now if you can just help me locate a Looney Tunes 133 in that grade.... :gossip:

That is one BEAUTIFUL copy! :applause::applause: (would be even nicer to see it posted in the Bugs/Looney thread :sumo: , but who's complaining?

Only explanation I can give is outside of keys and war covers the iconic Looney Tunes canon just lags behind their Disney counterparts in the comic book collecting community. The cover image / scene alone is slab worthy in my eyes though. Thanks for sharing!

....now if you can just help me locate a Looney Tunes 133 in that grade.... :gossip:

That's probably it, although when you think of all the random low-interest FCs that have multiple slabbed copies, it's kind of curious that this Porky issue would have none. hm

Love at first sight. Had to have it!

FourColor322fc_zpsfcyi0msu.jpg

Nice!

Six copies of this one on the census, which kind of adds to the mystery of the scarcity of graded copies of 342. If it is a mystery, rather than just the randomness in the number of graded copies of relatively low demand books.

BEAUTY Doc! :golfclap: great Sci Fi cover! (What's a Looney Tunes man have to do to get my fellow Boardies to post their Looney gold in the Bugs/Looney thread without prodding? hm )

Thought I'd bump the thread with a pickup from last night's CLink auction. Missed out on all but one of the Center Valley issues. This is the one I managed to nab.

RADEDBFE201644_165134_zpsrleiczis.jpg

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

SMILIN' JACK...one of my all-time favorite comic strips!

mm

Thanks, Marty. You know, I've never read any Smilin' Jack, but after your endorsement, I will track some down.

Smilin' Jack can be hit or miss. One of the early sequence is "interesting" as Jack kills accidentally his sister's boyfriend. What makes it all the more complicated that is the boyfriend is also his girlfriend's brother IIRC. Needless to say Jack is getting the cold shoulder from both gals and is tortured by what happened.

Just got this one 34, put out just before your 36 but this time, a D_ick Tracy.

Boy, is that a bitter sweet purchase. I love it b/c it's a good simple cover and an early # in the run and fills nicely a hole in my want list ... but, you know, the strips inside I already have in my IDW volumes so it's more a symptom of the collecting disease than a true victory at this point.

Four%20Color%2034_zpshxthmhcd.jpg

Nice!

Six copies of this one on the census, which kind of adds to the mystery of the scarcity of graded copies of 342. If it is a mystery, rather than just the randomness in the number of graded copies of relatively low demand books.

Looks better than my file copy.

FourColor322-filecopy-fc.jpg

I will post a picture when I get it, but in the meantime. I had a bit of a heart to heart with DTA man and decided to give his Four Color 3 (Myra North) a buy. It is the 15 cent variant. I may now own the only two 15 cent variant copies known to exist of number 3 and 4 (Donald Duck).

he gave a pretty good deal in the end, though I have no idea what it would be worth in auction or down the road.

Concerned it was actually a Canadian version I looked inside the cover and it says in bold print: Published in the United States of America.

Pictures to follow.

Hi All-

Since my Four Color acquisition of the few remaining copies I am missing is at a standstill I put a list of what I am looking to upgrade in the WTB section. If you have any of these you are interested in selling at going rates I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks-

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=60&Number=9517273&Searchpage=1&Main=415786&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post9517273

congrats on the FC#3 FIRST SERIES. cant wait to see it. I feel fortunate to have been able to trade for mine with MYCOMICSHOP.

finally making a dent in my backlog of comics organization and I have the most recent set of Glen's undercopies .processed.

Hope you find some more undercopies for our next transaction.

Many of these seconds are still among the nicest FC's im my collection.

fc%20975%20Fury_zpsobhjsctm.jpg

fc%20975%20bc_zps0qqf73q0.jpg

fc%20936%20Little%20Rascals_zpse0wkslzz.jpg

fc%20936%20bc_zpsicf8s4in.jpg

fc%20915%20Casey%20Jones_zpscakrwpwl.jpg

fc%20915%20bc_zpsdust9rkh.jpg

Hi All-

Since my Four Color acquisition of the few remaining copies I am missing is at a standstill I put a list of what I am looking to upgrade in the WTB section. If you have any of these you are interested in selling at going rates I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks-

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=60&Number=9517273&Searchpage=1&Main=415786&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post9517273

I said it before and I'll say it again: I stand in awe of your high-grade Four Color collection. I hope you can track down these last (relatively) few books.

congrats on the FC#3 FIRST SERIES. cant wait to see it. I feel fortunate to have been able to trade for mine with MYCOMICSHOP.

finally making a dent in my backlog of comics organization and I have the most recent set of Glen's undercopies .processed.

Hope you find some more undercopies for our next transaction.

Many of these seconds are still among the nicest FC's im my collection.

fc%20975%20Fury_zpsobhjsctm.jpg

fc%20975%20bc_zps0qqf73q0.jpg

fc%20936%20Little%20Rascals_zpse0wkslzz.jpg

fc%20936%20bc_zpsicf8s4in.jpg

fc%20915%20Casey%20Jones_zpscakrwpwl.jpg

fc%20915%20bc_zpsdust9rkh.jpg

Very nice!