• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Right now I price sc4 and af15 about the same , grade for grade

hm

Very interesting.

I know The Showcase 4 has caught up on some grades dollar for dollar but I cannot see it sustain this trend. I hope it does because of love Showcase 4 and Af15.

And seeing that the Flash storyline in the DC reboot a couple weeks ago taking center stage it might open the book up to a new generation. :blahblah:

The 4.5 and the 7.0 Voldemart are softer prices. These softer prices and pullbacks are futile and prices just can go up parabolic. It's the pauses that refreshes. AF15 without chip will blow away any SC4 grade per grade. 2c
and yet, I only stock AF 15 with no MC, and I get the same $'s, grade for grade (5.0 and below only so far) for both hm

The 4.5 and the 7.0 Voldemart are softer prices. These softer prices and pullbacks are futile and prices just can go up parabolic. It's the pauses that refreshes. AF15 without chip will blow away any SC4 grade per grade. 2c
and yet, I only stock AF 15 with no MC, and I get the same $'s, grade for grade (5.0 and below only so far) for both hm

This may be true on an anecdotal basis, but it hasn't borne out in public auctions, not even this one, where there were like-graded copies of each offered up at the same time. And the 7.0 SC 4 that sold is even further off from even the weakest AF 15 sale in grade.

-J.

This may be true on an anecdotal basis, but it hasn't borne out in public auctions, not even this one, where there were like-graded copies of each offered up at the same time. And the 7.0 SC 4 that sold is even further off from even the weakest AF 15 sale in grade.

-J.

there's separation above 5.0 (as stated ) but auctions only represent a fraction of sales. There's nothing anecdotal about actual realized sales ;)

that 7.5 on comic connect a little while back sold for like 78k - thats af15 prices to me.. I think they are around the same price, likely bc of the lower supply. Wonder what would have been if that was a cgc 7.0, or if it IS a cgc 7.0.... what we really need is a nice high grade sc4 to hit the market. side note I'm really excited for that new Flash movie director, he's a fantastic choice.

that 7.5 on comic connect a little while back sold for like 78k - thats af15 prices to me.. I think they are around the same price, likely bc of the lower supply. Wonder what would have been if that was a cgc 7.0, or if it IS a cgc 7.0.... what we really need is a nice high grade sc4 to hit the market. side note I'm really excited for that new Flash movie director, he's a fantastic choice.

The other company 7.0 looks more like a 6.5. Even at a 6.5 price, it was softer. SC4 are so scarce in CGC 7.0+ and would like to see more at public auction/market as you mentioned.

In the current market trend, AF15 without chip has taken the lead. The recent upsurge with AF15 clearly shows AF15 has continue to take the grip lead as "King of the Silver Age". I have to say, SC4 really had a great match up to round three with a "TKO" by AF15. Time to update your price stock Gator. ;)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Yup. (thumbs u

As some who have predicted , the SC 4 mini-surge only worked to push up AF 15 prices.

-J.

Knockdown by TKO round 3 "see above". ;)

Well to be honest, I couldn't see SC #4 being in the same price levels as AF #15 in the long run. Sure it had its temporary peak being neck and neck with AF 15, but I just didn't believe it could sustain it. I know how rarer the book is compared to an AF 15, but I would still value it lesser.

I know someone with a 7.0 AF15 with no chipping looking to possibly sell soon.

What can it get? 60k? 70k?

If a SC4 7.5 got 78k.....I wonder...

This is probably a better question in the AF 15 thread but a 6.5 AF 15 just went for $49k I'm the CC auction, and a boardie says he knows of a 7.0 copy with no MC selling for $60k recently.

-J.

that seemed like a good price to me but then I saw that description This book has a couple of issues. First and foremost its been color touched. 2nd someone tried to clean

color touch and it looks like that's what caused hole (pictured) on cover. Also detached at bottom staple

and half inch tare (pictured) on cover.