• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Address of the Studio - Chelsea Market

14 posts in this topic

I was reading OPUS II today, and BWS would think this coincidence was a significant event that I should delve into more deeply.

He talks about Lexington and 26th a lot, so sounds like they are correct.

Thanks Gene!

Mark

(thumbs u

I was reading OPUS II today, and BWS would think this coincidence was a significant event that I should delve into more deeply.

Lex & 26th is several blocks east of 37 W. 26th Street and is also not in Chelsea. Maybe that's where BWS' favorite drinking spot was? hm:idea:

Lex & 26th is several blocks east of 37 W. 26th Street and is also not in Chelsea. Maybe that's where BWS' favorite drinking spot was? hm:idea:

I have Opus II in front of me now. It says that 26th & Lex was where his friend Charlie had his studio and where BWS shared space for a while in 1973. But it was not "The" Studio.

Thanks. I took mine to work so I do not have it in front of me. Imma go there this weekend though. I too believe in the cosmic power of coincidence.

I am going to make another attempt at OPUS II. I started reading it after the first one and my mind was eventually enveloped and I could proceed no more.

On 6/23/2016 at 2:21 PM, delekkerste said:

Kaluta told me that, a while back, he ended up taking ballroom dance lessons in the same building, on the 9th floor!  I searched online and there are a couple of such studios on the 9th floor of that building (The Studio was on the 12th floor).