• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

So whats going on with the for sale threads? Post going poof? Someone mentioned bad timing because of what happened last night? (shrug)

Didn't see anything. Can you be more specific?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9397905&gonew=1#UNREAD

Buyers beware

Seller sold me restored books in the past and would not take any responsibility. No returns and prior history are red flags.

Just an FYI

Remind me again why stuff like this is not PL worthy?

That would be my question also. Maybe nobody nominated him yet?

Because not everyone can detect restoration reliably :shrug:

A good seller would, of course, take returns in a case like this, but if the seller specifies "no returns" I'd say it's up to the buyer to decide for themselves whether they want to take the risk or not.

I personally don't buy from people who don't stand by what they sell - if your tolerance for risk is higher, great, but at some point there needs to be responsibility on the buyer side as well.

I agree. I would not buy from a seller like this but it's not probation list worthy.

So whats going on with the for sale threads? Post going poof? Someone mentioned bad timing because of what happened last night? (shrug)

Didn't see anything. Can you be more specific?

Just something I saw posted in a sales thread. The poster may have deleted it themselves. There seems to be an extra helping of butthurt going around here in the last day or so.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9397905&gonew=1#UNREAD

Buyers beware

Seller sold me restored books in the past and would not take any responsibility. No returns and prior history are red flags.

Just an FYI

:bump:

Seller has changed his return policy in this thread but wouldn't allow returns in the past or compensate you? A seller to avoid at all costs.

Someone posted in AL Comics' thread about "given what happened last night I'm not sure it's the best time to sell ..." It had nothing to do w/AL. I asked in the thread "what happened"? and was told via PM that it was referring to CGC deleting the New CGC Slab thread and its impact on sales. I deleted my "what happened" post but not before someone replied with a : hm to my post. So now it looks like I self-scrubbed a thread krap lol

Someone posted in AL Comics' thread about "given what happened last night I'm not sure it's the best time to sell ..." It had nothing to do w/AL. I asked in the thread "what happened"? and was told via PM that it was referring to CGC deleting the New CGC Slab thread and its impact on sales. I deleted my "what happened" post but not before someone replied with a : hm to my post. So now it looks like I self-scrubbed a thread krap lol

Oh. I guess it would be bad timing if you were selling books in the new holder.

Oh. I guess it would be bad timing if you were selling books in the new holder.

Yet people seem to be having some success selling new slab books without back cover scans -- which in G/S/B-land is where the problems often are. (shrug)