• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

I first spotted that excellent cover on Comedy 3 in the Gerber guide 20 years ago, and was lucky to grab a Good+ copy on ebay for around $75 a decade ago. That was the last copy I ever saw of that book.

It's absolutely my favorite cover of all the Marvel "girl" books

It's not only a stunning cover, but it's the only cover that features Hedy, Millie and Tessie together. :cloud9:

Dotty = Tops In Beauty - A Real Hep Cutie

img264.jpg

What a great cover. I must have one.

Ken

Don't recall seeing one before. I think those Dottys are pretty tough.

Dotty = Tops In Beauty - A Real Hep Cutie

img264.jpg

What a great cover. I must have one.

Ken

Don't recall seeing one before. I think those Dottys are pretty tough.

A lot of the Dottie artwork is by Archie artist Al Hartley. I never was a fan of his Patsy Walker and Atlas work and his Archie work gets mixed responses from Archie fans but in the 1940's I thought his stuff was pretty nice! He did the Ernie books as well.

Here's one that is pretty darn tough in this grade. Disclaimer: it's going into the June CL auction. I love this book!

Not easy in any grade, I think. Should do well on CLink.

Not my book but I have to post this because... First, it's one of the rarest L.B. Cole teen/romance books (or so I've been told). Second, what in the ever-loving is going on with the characters on the cover? The young woman has tricked the men into chasing her around with lobsters????

162617.jpg.81c1204bd85ccd5f8c2ca8e16e2a51b6.jpg

Not my book but I have to post this because... First, it's one of the rarest L.B. Cole teen/romance books Second, what in the ever-loving is going on with the characters on the cover? The young woman has tricked the men into chasing her around with lobsters????

Not only that, but unless it's a very small club, she's going to have pull this trick multiple times. :D

great cover! that's about the smallest ohio code I've ever seen.

You mean on the label? I don't like the fact that they moved the pedigree designation from the right-hand side to the middle. Easy to overlook.

Edited: Or maybe you were referring to the pencil date on the cover. hm

Edited by Sqeggs

Not my book but I have to post this because... First, it's one of the rarest L.B. Cole teen/romance books (or so I've been told). Second, what in the ever-loving is going on with the characters on the cover? The young woman has tricked the men into chasing her around with lobsters????

Great book and one I've never seen before. Many of this title are very strange. Here is one I really like. It seems to be one of the more common issues of this title but I don't care. Funny how the women seem so much older than the boys checking them out.

compopularteenagers5_zps8qcdknqc.jpg