• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

And I believe it noted "limited exclusive"

I just don't know what to believe any more. Any number can be limited.

I agree. It's just on his prior exclusives he was able to sell out of them, meaning he had a set number to start with. This one just has the feel that he is taking orders and then sending the amount needed to the printers.

I agree. It's just on his prior exclusives he was able to sell out of them, meaning he had a set number to start with. This one just has the feel that he is taking orders and then sending the amount needed to the printers.

which is why i'm just avoiding the whole thing...I like a preset number that is stated before ordering.

You can have 500k copies and it can still be exclusive to his website.

Edited by krighton

which is why i'm just avoiding the whole thing...I like a preset number that is stated before ordering.

Exactly ! The final printed number could be 5,000 or 20,000. I doubt he'll ever reveal that number.

Exactly ! The final printed number could be 5,000 or 20,000. I doubt he'll ever reveal that number.

I was a little upset he never listed it for the Poe Dameron cover he did. I also noticed he has not sold out of his Black Panther cover so he is still pushing through those. This release seems worse as it really could be infinite. Plus, he is gonna keep all the high grade copies for himself to send into CGC himself.

Just wish it was as easy as the first Boba Fett cover (and to a lesser extent, the B&W one as well)

I was a little upset he never listed it for the Poe Dameron cover he did. I also noticed he has not sold out of his Black Panther cover so he is still pushing through those. This release seems worse as it really could be infinite. Plus, he is gonna keep all the high grade copies for himself to send into CGC himself.

Just wish it was as easy as the first Boba Fett cover (and to a lesser extent, the B&W one as well)

He did say how many copies of Poe Dameron comic were printed, after the fact if I remember correctly. lol

What isn't easy about filling in a form online and paying online? :baiting:

Edited by rjrjr

Wasn't the Boba Fett cover limited? I never saw that book do anything substantial aftermarket. I think you can buy 9.8 slabs for cheap now.

It was limited to ......how many you could have bought in 2 minutes.

Based on past Marvel Star Wars exclusives, the floor is 3,000 copies for a colored cover and 1,500 for a black & white cover. And the black & white cover can only be ordered if the colored cover is ordered. Plus, Marvel will overprint for damages.

3,000 is a lot of copies. A 1:100 ratio'd book probably has less copies printed. Without getting into the discussion about how many copies are printed versus the estimate reported by Diamond, let's say a comic sells 100,000 copies. And let's say Marvel printed what was needed for the ratio'd book. That 1:100 ratio will be around 1,000 copies. Plus whatever Marvel overprints for damages.

Edited by rjrjr

The print run for the Bespin solo is 3,000. He revealed it on his Facebook.

Surprised. Seems low, but people have grown tired of these variants so perhaps his presale didn't go as well as he expected.