• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the best tape for Mylites?

71 posts in this topic

anyone use the archival tape? i see the E. Gerber wesite is selling some:

http://www.egerber.com/items/tape.htm

stan

I've got some of that. I think I got it from Bill Cole Enterprises a few years back. I didn't really care for it. It's double-sided tape, so it's sticky on both sides, and the adhesive on it is pretty strong/sticky.

Edit:

Here it is on the Bill Cole site (the 1/4" x 36 yds per roll towards the bottom of the web page). It looks like they've added a few acid free tapes to the site since I visited it last. Some of them might be worth a look. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

http://www.bcemylar.com/misc.cfm

1301405-tape.jpg

I tried using this stuff with my mylite2's and hated it. The adhesive was so weak, that after a short while it would unstick itself from the bags and leave a residue behind. Christo_pull_hair.gif

......I've tried 'em all and this is the one to use, BUT

1301405-tape.jpg

I tried using this stuff with my mylite2's and hated it. The adhesive was so weak, that after a short while it would unstick itself from the bags and leave a residue behind. Christo_pull_hair.gif

......I've tried 'em all and this is the one to use, BUT

...if I remove a book I always replace with NEW tape.

On 7/7/2006 at 12:23 PM, 143ksk said:

1301405-tape.jpg

1301405-tape.jpg.df0e810532c27a0d0264ea3ffef253b7.jpg

that leaves residues if you remove the tape, maybe people that use normal tape is people that store the comic in the bag forever and never read the comic, I need tape or something that can be easy removable without leaves residues.

I now use blue painters tape, because it comes off easily and doesn't leave residue.

Also, before you take comics out of the bag/mylite remove the tape completely.

Edited by D84

I use Avery 5/8" x 7/8" labels. Plenty of room to write price paid and grade and they generally leave no residue on the bag. No risk of the dreaded tape pull either. I also use them on my boxes to since the contents can change over time. For instance a box can contain titles "A  - C" but eventually only have room for "A - B". I simply replace the last label and never write on the box itself. I just ordered two packages (2100 labels) from Amazon last week for $14.68 with prime delivery.

72782-05424-p05p.jpg.c8a4000ff693f3a11bb432b75a65a2d7.jpg