• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

So, not technically PCH, but I really like the horror theme and I've been after one since seeing it in Gerber 20 years ago. No copies slabbed, but I'm not sure if that's because it isn't a high ticket item or just because it's so scarce:

image.jpg

heres my copy of Beware #10 its the highest graded..Ive posted it before a long while ago but here it is again..

I sold a raw copy of that at Wizard World Chicago about 10 - 12 years ago in about that same condition. Wish I would have kept it.

heres my copy of Beware #10 its the highest graded..Ive posted it before a long while ago but here it is again..

I sold a raw copy of that at Wizard World Chicago about 10 - 12 years ago in about that same condition. Wish I would have kept it.

possibly the same copy that now resides in a CGC case?

Sup horror junkies! I'm stoked to share my first PCH purchase. I've been a back issue collector for around 3 yrs and have recently began to discover my supreme admiration for golden age books. I feel like golden age is a very prestigious area of collecting (worship) and I've been drooling over the posts in this thread for awhile. I've picked up a few golden age recently but this is my first horror, which is the genre that seems to catch my eye the most. Tomb of Terror 8. Nice, right?

6668_900.jpg

I popped my PCH cherry on a beat up Tales from the Crypt over 40 years ago and I have never looked back. Through hard work and dillegence I now have a near complete PCH collection. It has been a fun ride. You can still get cool PCH beaters all the time in the $20-$40. range so you don't have to be rich to enjoy them. Enjoy the ride!