• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

glad to hear that you finally got the Dorman!

Malvin

Thanks Malvin, took forever, but it's amazing in hand. The picture is fairly horrible, having a hard time getting rid of the glare and the details keep washing out.

Added a couple of movie poster artworks to my CAF a short while ago:

'The Story of David', a 1961 sword-and-sandal movie starring Jeff Chandler in one of his last roles.

'Portnoy's Complaint', a 1972 sex-comedy starring Richard Benjamin.

Full write-ups and additional images are there for anyone interested in checking them out.

Use the link in my signature line to take you to my CAF opening page . . .

Pia was in Toronto for a show and with the help from a fellow original art collector I was able to add a couple of Y the Last Man pages to my collection. They just arrived and I am once happy camper!

Nice page with all the favorites

Half page splash of Ampersand

Thanks Jeff for your help!

Edited by artistlost

A few minor tweaks to my CAF page:

• A much improved scan of the OA for my Farlaine the Goblin page. Have you bought the book yet?
  • The preliminary to my Echo print OA by Terry Moore was on ebay from the CBLDF (Comic Book Legal Defense Fund). I bid, but lost. Sigh... Still, I grabbed the image and added to my piece so you can see a bit about how Terry Moore works.
  • I was contacted by Marcus Mebes - fan of Scott Shaw's Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew. He asked if I'd let him digitally color the piece. I said sure why not. I think he did a great job of capturing the look of a 1960s comic book cover.
  • Joe (Josef Rubinstein) completed (inked and colored) Bulldozer on my Sgt. Rock and Easy Company jam.

Last year at Comicpalooza, Joe colored Sgt. Rock and started Bulldozer (left most figure) when he discovered he had to catch a ride to the airport. Luckily for me, he was here this year for the Space City Comic Con.

This jam is looking good in my opinion. One last figure; who will I get? I don't know. :)

Other than some autographs, this is probably my only get from SPCC. They had some good guests (Thom Zahler, Joe, Matt Haley, Aaron Lopresti, Joe Jusko, and LIam Sharp), but I spent too much at Emerald City and Kickstarter. Sigh... :)

I was strong at SPCC. I went there to get Joe Rubinstein to finish a character on my Sgt. Rock piece and that was it!

I was determined to resist buying any other art because I've spent almost all of my budget for the year and Fan Days Dallas, Comicpalooza, and Amazing! Houston Comic Con are all in the near future.

But then Liam Sharp, new WW artist, showed me a Conan he'd done on-spec. It was excellent. So, since he had free time and made such a compelling case, I succumbed to his hard sell tactics, i.e., showing his work. Curses!

A few hours later, I have a new addition to my collection.

3br8jTVV_2905161812231gpadd.jpg

Watch Liam work on it in the Additional Images.