• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

The AF15 CGC 6.5 just passed the 40 000$ mark on ComicConnect.

suspicious.gif

Do not understand you?

What's the all time GPA high for a 6.5 ?

Don't know but seems like this book is going towards 50 000$ (or more) there is still 15 days left to bid.

Edited by Hulk1962

Wow but could see this coming as coverless beat up copies were going for a few K. Matter of time when the rest of the 1st App from the early 60's start to really fly. Too late to grab mid range copies of this book but still not too late for others.Not for me though I am already prices out of silver age comics.

Edit just saw on Ebay a poor and coverless both sold for almost 5K . Again wow.

Wow but could see this coming as coverless beat up copies were going for a few K. Matter of time when the rest of the 1st App from the early 60's start to really fly. Too late to grab mid range copies of this book but still not too late for others.Not for me though I am already prices out of silver age comics.

Edit just saw on Ebay a poor and coverless both sold for almost 5K . Again wow.

As I said many times in the past you will not find a better bet for investments in collectibles than the Marvel silver age keys.

They are rare compared to key coins and sportscards keys that were printed in the millions.

Get your Marvel Silver age keys now in any condition or suffer the high prices later in 5 to 10 years.

I agree,if I had the money I would buy mjd range or any grade silver age keys .even at the high prices now I get the feeling that in a few years they will be multiple times what they go for now. Again I am out prices right now so I stick to bronze keys as they are still cheap relatively speaking.

Yes, but Still a beautiful presenting 4.0, no chipping, with OW paper as well. A 4.0 for under $15K that has OW or better with no chip is fantastic- hands down.

Yes, but Still a beautiful presenting 4.0, no chipping, with OW paper as well. A 4.0 for under $15K that has OW or better with no chip is fantastic- hands down.

That is what I am trying to say it went cheap because the staples are rusted badly and will likely end up ruining the book further over time. Most collectors would rather a bit of chipping over rust any day of the week. The chipping is not going to get worse over time unless badly handled.

When something looks to good to be true it usually is and involves problems most do not want. Buy the book not the holder as they say!!

Edited by Hulk1962

a properly stored book, will not increase any rust migration.... I personally would rather have a single rusty staple than a chipped up right edge (thumbs u

That is what I am trying to say it went cheap because the staples are rusted badly and will likely end up ruining the book further over time. Most collectors would rather a bit of chipping over rust any day of the week. The chipping is not going to get worse over time unless badly handled.

When something looks to good to be true it usually is and involves problems most do not want. Buy the book not the holder as they say!!

Buying nice presenting AF's are getting tougher and tougher. Will they sell either way- Yes. I agree to buy the book, not the grade. I agree with Gator though, and would rather have an ugly, rusty staple than ugly chipping. Chipping on an AF is a major detractor to me. Other books, not so much. It's of course a matter of opinion.

That's not a presentable looking 4.0 in my opinion....Personally, that's why I buy the book, not the grade.

I look at a lot of 4.0's, as I have one, and I rarely see ones that present like this, with this paper. Again, just a matter of opinion.