• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Nice looking Roy Rogers Giant. Canadian books are hard to find in this kind of condition. You should contact Stephen Lipson about this if you haven't already.

We've chatted a few times, even prior to this find :)

Stephen really, really knows his stuff!!!

WOW, Wall-Crawler Great score! I just looked up the Roy Rogers Comics Giant Edition - 1947 on Ebay. What a find!

Thanks...I was more than a little excited/please to say the least.

I have learned so much since joining the boards, sometimes the hard way but I have learned about Whitmans, price variants, Canadian editions/whites...And STILL so much to learn!

The knowledge on this board is astounding.

WOW, Wall-Crawler Great score! I just looked up the Roy Rogers Comics Giant Edition - 1947 on Ebay. What a find!

Thanks...I was more than a little excited/please to say the least.

I have learned so much since joining the boards, sometimes the hard way but I have learned about Whitmans, price variants, Canadian editions/whites...And STILL so much to learn!

The knowledge on this board is astounding.

Couldn't agree more

Do you guys ever see comics listed in garage sale listings? I've never seen it and I browse the ads weekly.

I go to garage sales nearly every week and what i do the night before is check Craig's List/garage sales. Make sure you search the day you're planning to go out. I will type in the search box Comic Books or Comics. It will bring up any ads that have those words in the description.

A good day to search is Wednesday night for Thursday sales as a lot of estate sales run Thursday thru Sunday.

Kid free this week. I saw a sign in a local used vinyl shop that said they also sell books and collectibles. I asked about comics and was shown some longboxes with $1 each written on the front.

IMG_5754_zpsewtm5pbj.jpg

I bought 30 books, these are the standouts. I love Jim Balent's rendition of Bane. His take is right up there with Nolan and Aparo's in my opinion.

Local Facebook garage sale pages/groups

image_zps6ixgmdhh.jpg

image_zpsxylypnxz.jpg

Some great story's in those :applause:

Found my first comics at a local flee market.

Only bought 3 issues but happy with them.

1st two were $3.00 a pop the last was more but rare as all get out

Scans0001_zpsnk7jzvam.jpg

Scans0008_zpsjwcnal8i.jpg

AND THE BIG WINNER --- 2nd print baby :acclaim:

Scans0003_zpsprpuroln.jpg