• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Or in the 90's Turok #1

I so wish there had been someone around who cared enough about me to say "hey...these 20 copies of Bloodshot #1 you're buying...do you know how many they made? Do you really think that, at $3.50 each, they'll have much chance of ever becoming valuable?"

Knowing me, I probably would have laughed, called them a hater, and jealous, and kept doing it, because I was young and full of myself. But at least I would have had the opportunity to know better. I wouldn't be able to say "no one told me!"

I appreciate moderns heating up. Really. It's actually helped keep me abreast of a lot of books I have (like Batman #635, for example) that I had no idea were worth what they were worth. Believe me, I sell comics for a living...I appreciate the hell out of it. It's a fantastic topic and thread.

But there has to be a balance between legitimate value and unjustified hype, and that balance comes with knowledge, experience, and critical analysis.

If only there had been some of that in the early 90's, maybe the late 90's might never have happened.

Anyone else going to give a borring story from their past that has no relevance to this thread?

I was the only kid in my elementary school in the 1970's who had a Silver Surfer t-shirt :headbang:

Anyone else going to give a borring story from their past that has no relevance to this thread?

Sure.

I remember the time RMA posted a book heating up, and some guy whose name rhymes with limp weenie bought several copies off eBay before RMA revealed he was making it up.

Like that? :grin:

Sure.

I remember the time RMA posted a book heating up, and some guy whose name rhymes with limp weenie bought several copies off eBay before RMA revealed he was making it up.

:o

:whistle:

Sure.

Love to see proof of this.

Anyone else check out that cbsi podcast this week? Great stuff as always. Keep it up guys

Anyone else check out that cbsi podcast this week? Great stuff as always. Keep it up guys

Why should I. The guy can't even pronounce my name right rantrant

It's your screen name anyway.

All 3 podcasts have been ok.

Looks like the Walking Dead #132 is consistently selling in the $15-25 range here lately while #138 is around $5-12 give or take. I thought #138 would take off, but for right now, #132 seems to be the book. I wonder how long that will last :shrug: .

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=walking%20dead%20132&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=walking+dead+13&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=walking+dead+138&_sacat=0

OK so first Ive been looking for this book for awhile in high grade so I was watching this auction blow the fkuc up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stormwatch-v2-4-CGC-9-8-1st-Midnighter-Apollo-Warren-Ellis-Brian-Hitch-/121986889520?hash=item1c66fc3730:g:73IAAOSwRjNXN9TB

THEN someone listed a set of 4-5-6 at 9.99 auction and 59.99 BIN earlier this morning.

I contacted the seller for more pics since he only had one pic, seller was very cool and immediately responded with more pics, #4 was an easy 9.4, possibly pressed to 9.6

I said fuggit, Ill wait for the auction to end and snipe.. No one will buy it now. I just know no one will..

I was wrong :makepoint::cry:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STORMWATCH-4-5-6-2ND-SERIES-MIDNIGHTER-APOLLO-WARREN-ELLIS-IMAGE-1998-/301969055812?hash=item464ec22044:g:YOQAAOSwintXSpDG

So yeah

Stormwatch #4 heating up :sorry:

Edited by Aweandlorder