• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Hail, hail, the gangs all here. Loved this issue. Very intense, lots of great appearances by all of your favorite players, and justice in a....well, read it for yourself. Hickman is an incredible writer, especially when not restricted by Marvel and Dragotta drew this issue with fabulous perspective.

The last page has me excited for the next issue. I'll be sad when this is over.

Early bird gets the worm. This started a little on the long winded side but about 8 to 10 pages in, mess hits the fan.

A war has begun, a beast in unleashed, and a hero falls. Ultimately, a character I presumed would be in the story until the end, won't be joining us there. The Ranger is simply a very bad man, or is he a Batman ? Guns, justice, and gadgets set the tone for his part in the World. Chamberlain is charming, ruthless, and brilliant. This character and Death are probably the 2 most interesting people in the story. lol I can't wait to see how this story ends but I know I'll regret not having my favorite book to read. Three years in, it feels like beginning of the end. :sorry:

Wow that looks amazing! Love the bleeding eye! I also love how the hat extends through the logo. Your niece is doing some great work!

Thanks, I'll tell her you said so. East of West is turning into a family thing around here. It is her dad's favorite book too. I'm still bumming that its over halfway through the series and now after saying for a long time that I prefer this to remain just a comic, I've changed my mind. I want it to continue as a movie, a TV series, or even Anime. I really hate to see it end. :sorry:

Wow that looks amazing! Love the bleeding eye! I also love how the hat extends through the logo. Your niece is doing some great work!

Thanks, I'll tell her you said so. East of West is turning into a family thing around here. It is her dad's favorite book too. I'm still bumming that its over halfway through the series and now after saying for a long time that I prefer this to remain just a comic, I've changed my mind. I want it to continue as a movie, a TV series, or even Anime. I really hate to see it end. :sorry:

I feel you. But all of the best stories have structure - ending is a strength.

The chances the world will continue on after the series are, unfortunately, slim to none, but I'd be happy to continue to see new stories being told there.

I feel you. But all of the best stories have structure - ending is a strength.

The chances the world will continue on after the series are, unfortunately, slim to none, but I'd be happy to continue to see new stories being told there.

I know. Just wishful thinking. lol

I'd still be interested in seeing the story behind the story. Chamberlain by himself makes for a interesting read. Rangers anyone ? I also have my doubts that there would only be 2 witches. I'm thinking bear, eagle, and others probably exist within this world. The trackers in a bounty hunter type story might be made interesting too. Oh well 23 issues or roughly 2 1/2 to 3 years...unless Hickman gets a better offer....

I feel your pain but yes this story has so much build up that it has to come to a violent end i cant see it being drawn out to long without ruining the epic feeling of the first half....for me its a great time to be a comic reader with this and saga when they both end those will be two runs hard to replace