• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality Time - Have a Cigar!
6 6

586 posts in this topic

Still haven't cracked this one out yet.

Hit%2018_zps0zjpmlrc.jpg

:headbang: Awesome!

Is there a more dynamic anatomically well rendered cover from the GA? Reed Crandall's first Stormy Foster cover is certainly a classic and compares favorably to any modern era covers by talented artists the likes of Brian Bolland, Dave Stevens and Alex Ross. My 2c

Thanks Cat :) I was quite taken with it when I saw it, not having remembered noticing it before. I think the reason is that a LOT of people end their run at issue #17, the last Lou Fine cover. I think the Crandall covers are really under-valued!! I must admit, once the Kid Eternity covers start & the logo gets small, so does my interest in the title zzz

Sure are some gorgeous Qualitys being posted.Seeing all these beautiful funny books has inspired me to dig thru the safe and take a group shot. I'm also hoping that someone will notice the glaring gap in my run and sell me a 14. :wishluck:

IMG_0945_zpsfups4kds.jpg

AWESOME stash of Hits RJ!!!! Having seen them all in person, I can attest to the ... um ..... "Quality" of, not only the interior artwork (notice how many are raw gang), BUT to the ... um ..... "Quality" of your copies :o:applause:(worship) Well done indeed!!!

Still haven't cracked this one out yet.

Hit%2018_zps0zjpmlrc.jpg

:headbang: Awesome!

Is there a more dynamic anatomically well rendered cover from the GA? Reed Crandall's first Stormy Foster cover is certainly a classic and compares favorably to any modern era covers by talented artists the likes of Brian Bolland, Dave Stevens and Alex Ross. My 2c

Thanks Cat :) I was quite taken with it when I saw it, not having remembered noticing it before. I think the reason is that a LOT of people end their run at issue #17, the last Lou Fine cover. I think the Crandall covers are really under-valued!! I must admit, once the Kid Eternity covers start & the logo gets small, so does my interest in the title zzz

I agree, the one exception being Hit #26 with the Rubimor (Ruben Moreira) cover. That one's killer...

img_Hit26_165-1.jpg

After that the title gets less interesting because Kid Eternity's mentor takes on a comic relief role and gains about 200 lbs (like a goofier version of Friar Tuck). I suppose the KE origin issue (#25) would be pretty kewl and a nice bridge, but my interest in Hits kinda fizzles out after 26.

Gotta admit Ricky's Hit #11 is making me drool.

So we got in a couple of new Feature Comics and I was readin...errr...grading and pricing one of them when I came across something kind of interesting. Issue #78...

feature78cover.jpeg

...has a pretty cool splash page...

feature78splash.jpeg

But what really caught my eye was the Rusty Ryan story towards the end of the book...

feature78rustyryanpg1.jpeg

Yes, the Brigadiers of Boyville are all dressed like Captain America!

feature78rustyryanpg3.jpeg

feature78rustyryanpg4.jpeg

feature78rustyryanpg6.jpeg

feature78rustyryanpg8.jpeg

I went back and checked other issues of Feature that we had handy. The Boyville Brigadiers first appeared in #46 which was cover dated July 1941. The earliest appearance I have is #47 and they are also in Captain America like suits. Captain America first appeared in March of 1941. I wonder why the Timely folks didn't make an issue of this with Quality?