• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Promotional Comic Books Here!!!!
7 7

865 posts in this topic

Here's another funny one.

Teach your kids all about horse racing, what peri-mutual betting is, and how to place a Perfecta, lol

Advertises Ballantine beer on the back page!

g3qnnmF.jpg

And after all, who doesn't appreciate a horse in spectacles, a green turtleneck, and Jams? lol LOL

g3qnnmF.jpg

That is great! :applause::headbang::applause: Never seen one before!

That's one of the best thing about promo comics - there are so many that it is possible to find really oddball unlisted ones.

Here are some other ones devoted to the subject...

161211.jpg.f75d860a78dc36e1ec7c92f7c4d88633.jpg

161212.jpg.a0504ae1b81e073aa97d076b8df57f24.jpg

161213.jpg.119ec40f20806f389997d69c6e81998c.jpg

161214.jpg.95b897d61d7dd79989385f70b7db8138.jpg

VERY cool, BOOT!

Who knew there was a whole subspecies of promo books just on horse racing?

There have been a LOT of racetracks over the years, I bet there are more of 'em out there than we suspect.

Just picked up a set of the Popped Wheat giveaways, not posting all of them because I'm sure everybody has seen them dozens of times. But here's one just to give this post some color:

Popped_Wheat_Terry_zpsbsrcf2pl.jpg

These books are famously some of the most common books of the era, of course. But does anybody happen to know exactly why there are so many of them around in high grade? I'm guessing a warehouse find, but I've never heard the story.

This 1956 comic book/greeting card was produced by National Comics Publications, Inc. Unlisted D.C.? Anyone recognize this artist?

What a neat item! I know I recognize the art, but I'm not sure who it is. It's not Mayer, but other than that I'm not sure. (I am sure once somebody says who it is I'll go "of course, why couldn't I remember the name", but that's a separate issue. :-) )