• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Wanna make a quick buck on Preacher-mania?

Get a hold of a copy of the preview.. Make a buncha xeroxes and

SELL, SELL, SELL!

Jesus Christ WTF!!! I'm sure that seller is doing exactly that !!

I find it REALLY hard to believe only 1 seller has a ton of them to sell....!!

A tough series to find.

I can't help but think as we get closer to the Scarlett Johansen movie release, this will only go up. Anime collectors can be a rabid bunch.

A tough series to find.

I can't help but think as we get closer to the Scarlett Johansen movie release, this will only go up. Anime collectors can be a rabid bunch.

Didnt even know scarlett is in it

BTW that 4th sale down that list is my copy ;)

Totally skipped out on this DC mania from yesterday and was about to skip the books entirely until I read how well received the books had been. So, today I went back out to my closest LCS and the local 2nC... picked up a Superman Lois and Clark #8, Superman #52, DC Previews with Scooby on the cover, and a regular Rebirth cover from the LCS. They only had one beat up copy of JL 50 left, a good many of the Superman left, and one Superman Lois and Clark left. Interestingly, the 2nC was all sold out of Rebirth, but I got Justice League and their lone copy of Lois and Clark, as well as two copies of marked down Superman Convergence #2 (one was the crappy blue cover variant though). I'm really excited to read these.

Also, I bought the last copy of Captain America from the LCS (it was the regular cover), and the 2nC had only variants left for Cap.

Edit: on the Ghost In The Shell, I've been picking up any GITS books I could find for cheap lately, including a first printing of the Dark Horse TPB for less than $5 a few weeks ago.

Edited by BishopT

I know you are following the new Superboy story, so guess who had his 1st appearance in costume on the cover of the Midnight Release Variant?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

So there is another reason for heat.

Jonathan Samuel Kent (White)

1st Appearance as a baby Convergence Superman #2

1st Full Appearance as a young boy Superman:Lois and Clark #1

1st appearance as "Superboy" Superman:Lois and Clark #8

1st Appearance in Superboy Costume DC Rebirth #1 Midnight Release Cover

1st Full Appearance/Story as Superboy Super Sons #1 later this year.

What will be hottest issue, IF character is popular?

I am guessing SLC #8 . He finds out who he really is , takes flight / first glimpse of powers AND is called "Superboy " by Lois. CGC will play a role too

actually first full story as Superboy is going to be Superman 1...arc is titled Son of Superman. I can't imagine any issue hotter than Superman Lois Clark 1 variant....even though Jon isn't on the cover and the Superman doesn't have a beard.

Edited by krighton

Wow... this mess is still happening?

Why torture yourself?

Why prance into a thread all annoyed and announce it? If you don't like what some people have to say, put them on ignore.

I must have 30 people on ignore at this point (and about 10 more just today) and it makes life so much easier.

And here's hint: Don't ever peek!

Oh... it isn't torture... it amazes me that a couple people always argue about print runs for 48 hours straight every couple months... comichron this... comichron that... it's pure gold here for me... I got to post a picture of Wayne and Garth in moderns heating up... far as I'm concerned I'm already in the green for the year... with the exception of those 500 copies of X-Force 19 I'm sitting on...

If you would recognize that it's not "arguing about print runs" but one person repeatedly posting misinformation that can mislead others, then you might be getting somewhere. Instead, you throw the baby out with the bathwater, and end up doing what you're complaining about: "derailing" the thread, and then pretending it "doesn't bother you", after complaining about it in multiple posts.

If you don't like what others talk about, put them on ignore. If that's not enough, complain to moderation, and let them handle it. Hell, I've already done half the work for you by putting my posts in spoilers.

Hey man, you really need to stop with this kind of stuff.

Do I need to make a "greatest hits" of the comments you have made which are in direct opposition to the board rules, towards myself and others, including your continued claims that people aren't who they are? Who needs to stop what, then?

And if you're going to participate in a conversation, have the temerity to do so without hiding behind "spoiler tags". What a convenient way for you to spout the same repetitive nonsense and then back away from taking responsibility for it by then saying "well no one made you look", or "just ignore me". If you want to have a voice, at least have the guts to stand by what you are doing and saying in the open forum that this is intended to be. Seriously, grow up RMA.

How I choose to post is none of your business. I'm sorry if you find that straightforward language to be "aggressive", but it remains true nonetheless. My reasons for posting as I do are my business, and if it is within the board's rules...and it is...you don't have any right to complain about it, or cast aspersions on me about it.

I do not owe you an explanation, but I will give you one anyways: I post in spoilers so that those who don't want to read what I have to say aren't "forced" to (not that they ever were to begin with, but that's beside the point.) If they choose to read it, it's their choice. They aren't confronted with "walls of text" or "chopped up posts" if they don't wish to be. It's their choice, and by choosing to read it, they can no longer complain about HOW I post[ (as opposed to WHAT I post.)

It is only your imagination that I am "hiding" behind anything, or that I "back away from responsibility" for what I say. I stand behind every word I post, and I have never, in the ENTIRE history of my tenure on these boards, told ANYONE that if they didn't like the SUBSTANCE of my posts, they could "just ignore me." EVER. That is reserved for people who complain about HOW I post, not WHAT I post. Critical difference.

Only a fool would think that spoilers are some sort of magic shield behind which people can say whatever they want with impunity. Do you think I am a fool...?

You complain endlessly about "condescending posts". and then you use language like this here: "(you) spout the same repetitive nonsense."

Physician, heal thyself.

It's this kind of spurious and condescending BS that derails threads and gets people's backs up about you.

And what is it that get's people's backs up about you...? Or, do you not realize that people's backs are up about you...?

So I'm going to say this one more time and then I'm done with you on this topic:

You've made that promise many times, and broken it many times. We can believe it when we see it.

You, sir, like everyone else on here are simply stating your opinions. You are not the harbinger of truth on these boards. You are just another guy who is stating what he thinks.

That is what people who don't like to be confronted with cold, hard facts say: "it's just your opinion." Instead of saying "that's just your opinion" over and over again, you ought to come up with facts that demonstrate that an opinion is, in fact, spurious.

If the facts are on your side...if truth is on your side....if the evidence is on your side....then you won't go on and on about everything just being someone's opinion.

Again....just speaking in a candid, straightforward manner. Some WILL find that manner to be "aggressive", but there's really no other way to address it properly.

I have nothing personal against you, Jay, and wish you would simply make your case, and, when shown that what you're saying is inaccurate...not "opinion", but factually inaccurate...that you would accept it and move on, and stop repeating the inaccurate information.

My opinion of what you are claiming on this topic is that you are more interested in fear-mongering about variants for some reason, than having an actually honest and reasonable and multi-sided conversation about them . Why are you doing that ? Maybe you had a bad experience on a flip of two or three. Who knows.

As you have said, that is your opinion, and it, too, is not accurate. It is speculation without basis. Do I get to share MY opinion for why you say the things you do...?

No, of course not, that would be aggressive. So, I will stick to the facts.

And even though some of what you say is technically accurate

If it's technically accurate, why are you arguing with it? Isn't that really the heart of the issue?

, you, on multiple occasions have either forgotten , dismissed, or completely ignored the testimony of multiple other knowledgeable boardies who have spoken directly to you and told you that you are specifically mistaken about many of the assumptions that you continue to repeatedly make during your discussions on this topic. It is almost as if you have an internal reset button that gets pressed every time the topic arises and start again at square one with your opinions

As has been repeatedly asked of you, and which you have steadfastly refused to do, where, specifically has that happened? All you need to do, Jay, is to prove your claims. That's it. Prove where I have "on multiple occasions either forgotten, dismissed, or completely ignored the testimony of others"? Give concrete examples. Show your work. Demonstrate what you say is true, with evidence. Enough with the vague claims and accusations, get down to it and show the blood spatter on the walls.

In other words, just prove these claims you're making with evidence. That's it. If it's happened so often, it ought to be very simple to do.

See, what I and others have done with you is, clinically and scientifically, gone through the lists of what we DO know and what we do NOT know, with evidence.

I haven't posted, nor have I seen anyone else post vague claims about what you have done or have not done, with whom, or why, or when, or where, because none of that is relevant.

Hence the "Groundhog Day" nature of this conversation.

You have made your opinions and thoughts on the matter abundantly clear an excessive and multitude of time, and guess what- people are still going to estimate the print runs of variants exactly as they see fit.

And you have made your opinions and thoughts on the matter abundantly clear an excessive and multitude (sic) of time, and guess what - people are still going to correct erroneous information when you post it.

If someone is doing so with obviously onerous intentions most of the people who post on here will be savvy enough to know that without you, under the self-important guise of "correcting misinformation ", spouting your largely baseless opinions for the 1000th time ad nauseam.

You complain about "condescending posts", then you post this.

I mean, come on, really?

Word to the wise.

Word to the wise with you, Jay: people are getting tired of these posts of yours, where you do what you complain about others doing, you constantly repeat misinformation as "fact", you dismiss sober, critical analysis as "opinion", and then you get personal and psychoanalytical.

People are tired of it. They've told me, and they're now telling moderation. You have been very, very lucky thus far to have escaped moderation attention, when you have been, invariably, the single most aggressive and condescending voice in most of these discussions. That luck, I think, will eventually run out.

No one gets a free pass...no matter who you are, or what you think you know..to post misinformation that has been disproven many, many times. If you don't like being challenged, if you can't handle people producing evidence to refute your claims, perhaps another board where no one will challenge you would be better suited to you.

Wow... this mess is still happening?

Why torture yourself?

Why prance into a thread all annoyed and announce it? If you don't like what some people have to say, put them on ignore.

I must have 30 people on ignore at this point (and about 10 more just today) and it makes life so much easier.

And here's hint: Don't ever peek!

Oh... it isn't torture... it amazes me that a couple people always argue about print runs for 48 hours straight every couple months... comichron this... comichron that... it's pure gold here for me... I got to post a picture of Wayne and Garth in moderns heating up... far as I'm concerned I'm already in the green for the year... with the exception of those 500 copies of X-Force 19 I'm sitting on...

If you would recognize that it's not "arguing about print runs" but one person repeatedly posting misinformation that can mislead others, then you might be getting somewhere. Instead, you throw the baby out with the bathwater, and end up doing what you're complaining about: "derailing" the thread, and then pretending it "doesn't bother you", after complaining about it in multiple posts.

If you don't like what others talk about, put them on ignore. If that's not enough, complain to moderation, and let them handle it. Hell, I've already done half the work for you by putting my posts in spoilers.

Hey man, you really need to stop with this kind of stuff.

And if you're going to participate in a conversation, have the temerity to do so without hiding behind "spoiler tags". What a convenient way for you to spout the same repetitive nonsense and then back away from taking responsibility for it by then saying "well no one made you look", or "just ignore me". If you want to have a voice, at least have the guts to stand by what you are doing and saying in the open forum that this is intended to be. Seriously, grow up RMA.

It's this kind of spurious and condescending BS that derails threads and gets people's backs up about you.

So I'm going to say this one more time and then I'm done with you on this topic:

You, sir, like everyone else on here are simply stating your opinions. You are not the harbinger of truth ion these boards. You are just another guy who is stating what he thinks.

My opinion of what you are claiming on this topic is that you are more interested in fear-mongering about variants for some reason, than having an actually honest and reasonable and multi-aided conversation about them . Why are you doing that ? Who knows. Maybe you had a bad experience on a flip of two or three. Who knows. And even though some of what you say is technically accurate, you, on multiple occasions have either forgotten , dismissed, or completely ignored the testimony of multiple other knowledgeable boardies who have spoken directly to you and told you that you are specifically mistaken about many of the assumptions that you continue to repeatedly make during your discussions on this topic. It is almost as if you have an internal reset button that gets pressed every time the topic arises and start again at square one with your opinions

Hence the "Groundhog Day" nature of this conversation.

You have made your opinions and thoughts on the matter abundantly clear an excessive and multitude of time, and guess what- people are still going to estimate the print runs of variants exactly as they see fit. If someone is doing so with obviously onerous intentions most of the people who post on here will be savvy enough to know that without you, under the self-important guise of "correcting misinformation ", spouting your largely baseless opinions for the 1000th time as nauseam.

Word to the wise.

Peace.

-J.

Ok...well let's take a look at some of those 'options' of his and see what we can find....

1. The ratios you are using come from DISTRIBUTION numbers, which are different from PRINT RUN.

That's a FACT.

2. The PRINT RUN includes, 10% more, 20% more.... we have no idea. Right? That's FACT. We DON'T know.

As an example... Thor #1 is STILL for SALE through Diamond. How many of that did they print????

3. Publishers DO NOT release print runs of the variants. FACT.

4. We have seen MULTIPLE instances of overages of variants up to a year after their solicitation. FACT.

Hold on... Diamond's having a Marvel 50 cent sale.... of OVERSTOCK books from the last year! I gotta go!

Well said.

I feel its got to the stage in this thread, where by posting something on topic, is actually posting something off topic.

Anyway, DC Universe Rebirth is obviously heating up a little on eBay, around £10 a pop, which is crazy considering it can still be purchased at cover price in most comic shops.

Considering this is a thread about 'how to make quick money off of comics on eBay', anything pertaining to the PERCEIVED VALUE of a comic would be a bullseye ON TARGET for the thread.

As an example,someone starts posting that Buttaface #1 is the hottest book on eBay and has a print run of only 5,000 copies, and he knows this because blah, blah, blah...

Well, one day you SEE 10 copies on the shelf at your local comic store... but you check the forum thread on your phone one last time to be sure, before you spend that $40 (£27) on those copies and....

... the truth is it had a print run of 50,000.... wouldn't that be nice to find out before you spent that money?

OR.... you never find out the truth until it's too late, because the people who want to shed light on these things give up and say, "The heck with it, let those dirty flippers eat each other."?

Of course, you could be one of those people who know the truth already, and you WANT that misinformation out there as long as possible, so you can essentially take advantage of those without it.

The only people who fear the truth are the one's taking advantage of people because of the lies.

So you have to make the decision (and maybe you already have): Do you want to be a dirty flipper who doesn't really care about the hobby, you just want to sell overpriced crud to unsuspecting dupes on eBay, OR do you want to become a real comic book collector who loves the hobby and wants to be educated on all aspects of it?

If it's the former, then start putting the truth tellers on ignore. It'll shorten the threads you want to get information from and avert your eyes from the truth.

If it's the latter, well.... the information is available to you all over this forum. For free.

Also an excellent post.