• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

Now that this has been officially announced, I can talk about it. I thought you all would be interested.

Transformers: Till All Are One, Issue 1, RE, TransMissions Podcast Exclusive Cover.

Hi Rez Cover Image.

TF_TAAO01_cvrRE-2_Final-e1463154677243.jpg

TransMissions Podcast is pleased to announce that with IDW Publishing’s TRANSFORMERS TILL ALL ARE ONE’s issue 1 release on June 22nd, 2016 there will be a TransMissions Podcast Exclusive Cover, the first time a cover has been commissioned by a Transformers podcast.

TRANSFORMERS TILL ALL ARE ONE is the newest ongoing Transformers series from IDW Publishing. It features the ongoing struggles of WINDBLADE and STARSCREAM as they vie for political control of the fragile peace between the Autobots, Decepticons, and neutral Transformers on Cybertron. The superstar creative team features MAIRGHREAD SCOTT (Transformers Windblade) on writing, SARA PITRE-DUROCHER (Transformers Combiner Hunters) on art, and PRISCILLA TRAMONTANO (Transformers Robots in Disguise Animated) on colors.

The TransMissions Podcast cover was drawn and colored by the very talented team of ALEX MILNE and JOSH PEREZ. For those that know their Transformers comic history, they will recognize the image as an homage to issue 18 of the original Marvel Transformers comic by the famous Herb Trimpe. CONTINUE...

I hope you guys like the cover. I'm here to answer questions if there are any.

I like it. Nice colors and a nice throwback to the Blaster vs Straxus cover from the original Marvel series. It's safe to say that I will be purchasing this. Congratulations for being the first (I think) TF podcast to commission a cover from IDW.

Out of curiosity, when you commission a cover, do you have to order a certain amount and have an artist in mind? Or would you just contact Wildman/Griffith/Milne/etc with an idea for a cover? Are you guys involved in the creative process? It's just something that I've found interesting.

Out of curiosity, when you commission a cover, do you have to order a certain amount and have an artist in mind? Or would you just contact Wildman/Griffith/Milne/etc with an idea for a cover? Are you guys involved in the creative process? It's just something that I've found interesting.

I'm actually writing up a blog post on this that will answer all these questions in greater detail. But for now let me give you the quick-ish answer.

We have a working relationship with IDW which I think helps.

We contact IDW and asked if we could actually pull this off. The short answer was yes. (the blog post will be more detailed.)

We were able to pick out the arts and colorer we wanted. We personally went through about eight internal drawings before we settled on the idea of paying tribute to a Marvel cover from the 80s.

After we had the idea solid between the our of us we asked IDW for permission to continue. This required getting permission from Hasbro which IDW sought for us. Once the green light was given, Alex went to work on the drawing. Once he was done we went through two processes for coloring. The first version looked just like the 80s book. It didn't look good because of the modern designs of Starscream and Windblade. So we asked that the colors be modernized as well. That's the design you see now.

We have to pay the the artists and IDW. The minimum you can buy is 1000 copies. But nothing says you can't take 900 o those and turn them into mulch when you get them so you have an even rare book.

Hope that helps.

I will have to get one too since Alex Milne was born to draw Transformers!

Let us know how to order when available please.

You can pre-order with Prime Toys currently. If you're going to either TFCon this year we'll be there with several copies. Price will be the same across the board.

Does anyone have an extra copy of Spotlight Orion Pax RI, or #9 Auto Assembly variant that they want to part with? These books have been tough to come by. I still haven't seen a listing for an OP RI since right when the book came out. Last one I saw for the #9, it was such a rag I couldn't justify it. MTMTE #19 seems more common by comparison.

Welcome to TF collecting. Where everyone will have a "ghost" they are chasing. I can tell you these are all about the same print run, few hundred copies each no more. The print runs are about 10K world wide per-issue, but digital sales is enough to carry them.

I had 3 copies of the AA #9 at one point, but am down to my personal copy now. I have offered the Botcon Nightbeat to people in trade for the books I need with no takers. I wish you luck on your search.

I also annoyed many dealers looking for IDW Transformers books at MegaCon. Sadly, I only nabbed the Dark Cybertron Liefeld variant, and a MTMTE #1E from the show. Both were NM/M copies.

I also need to talk about the IDW shared universe rumors, where M.A.S.K. is created from the Ore-13 Ultra Energon, and ROM as well as G.I.Joe share a universe, and may pop up in other titles. If this happens, I am likely OUT. I enjoy these Transformers stories without the hand of Hasbro getting in the way normally, but this is too much especially if it causes a reboot of the titles again.

Till All Are One is coming later this month, so this is a big deal if it creeps into the newest title, and it will absolutely get in the way of More Than Meets The Eye's epic run.

I've pretty much given up on the #22 RI unless I fall backwards into it. That little rarity is a burden to find.

The #9 RE and Orion Pax RI are odd. There are a 1000 copies of the #9, yet it hardly ever pops up. I haven't seen an Orion Pax RI in over 2 years and some change. I guess patience is key. And I feel you about the vendors getting annoyed with it at shows. They tend to act like it draws away from everything else.

I also need to talk about the IDW shared universe rumors, where M.A.S.K. is created from the Ore-13 Ultra Energon, and ROM as well as G.I.Joe share a universe, and may pop up in other titles. If this happens, I am likely OUT. I enjoy these Transformers stories without the hand of Hasbro getting in the way normally, but this is too much especially if it causes a reboot of the titles again.

Till All Are One is coming later this month, so this is a big deal if it creeps into the newest title, and it will absolutely get in the way of More Than Meets The Eye's epic run.

I'm a bit concerned as well. And of course this happens just as I catch up on reading every IDW Transformers issue. I think a shared universe is a cool idea for the most part, after all GI Joe and Transformers have has crossovers for years. And MASK makes sense as well. ROM and Micronauts I don't really know anything about them, so for them it is a meh. However I think they should have created a new Transformers title to be a part of this new universe and leave the MOTME/exRid/All Are One alone in their own playground. After all they are leaving Hama's ARAH title alone and starting a new Joe title to be a part of the shared universe. Bottom line I'll wait and see how it goes first, hopefully Roberts and Barber are skilled enough to navigate around licensed product restrictions, they are doing a pretty good job at it so far.

Also why in the H E double hockey sticks are they going to renumber. Renumber to #1 and relaunching is so lame. Back in the day it was seen as a badge of honor to see a series in triple digits. Now it is "oh our readers will never figure out what is going on unless we relaunch," BS back in they day you jumped in and in a few issues you pretty much had it all figured out what was going on. Today it is even easier to get up to speed, trades are plentiful and the backstory is available on the internet Okay end rant. :frustrated:

Edited by FutureFlash

Good rant, and exactly how I feel, MTMTE better not renumber, but Self Titled can since RID actually died issues ago. I still have to check the 2009 Ongoing series back issue section for Formerly RID back issues after the name drop.

We talked about this a lot on the podcast.

On another topic. Would anyone know where I might find some Regeneration One Issue 81 blank covers?

Like, full on blank and no sketch? I've only seen one totally blank #81. You could ask IDW. I believe that there are a few blanks floating around somewhere. I

On another topic. Would anyone know where I might find some Regeneration One Issue 81 blank covers?

That book is what we call a GHOST. You hear of it, but it is never seen. They say they are the leftovers from Daniel Khanna's signing that IDW did for the RI-B covers, and would be a leaked out book if not drawn on.

Speaking of a Ghost, the Alex Milne 1:25 from 'Till All Are One #1 out this Wednesday is also a Ghost. This may be the next MTMTE #19 R.I. of the modern Transformers collector. I had found a second copy in the UK, someone nabbed it before I could. I have only one copy on order, I hope it comes high grade!

Good luck on the hunt out there for this one if you are after it.

Shout out to Futureflash, you should have that book by now! If I had known it was you I would have mylite packed it, but it was packed and gone before you messaged me!

I ordered one 1:25 cover from Midtown Comics just to be on the safe side if my subscription from the store doesn't pay off with it.

More than that, I just want the title to succeed.

That book is what we call a GHOST. You hear of it, but it is never seen. They say they are the leftovers from Daniel Khanna's signing that IDW did for the RI-B covers, and would be a leaked out book if not drawn on.

Speaking of a Ghost, the Alex Milne 1:25 from 'Till All Are One #1 out this Wednesday is also a Ghost. This may be the next MTMTE #19 R.I. of the modern Transformers collector. I had found a second copy in the UK, someone nabbed it before I could. I have only one copy on order, I hope it comes high grade!

Good luck on the hunt out there for this one if you are after it.

Shout out to Futureflash, you should have that book by now! If I had known it was you I would have mylite packed it, but it was packed and gone before you messaged me!

I would check Midtown Comics if you are looking for one. They still seemed to have a couple of copies left for order. I should be getting one from them and one from Graham Crackers. Give it a few months to determine if it reaches MTMTE #19 RI status. That book was a B to get. Speaking of ghosts, though, Drift #4 Central Canada Comic Con variant. Has anyone seen that or gotten one? That one is #22 RI levels of ghostly.

Thanks man, I had one in my cart at Midtown, couldn't pull the trigger at their price, and unseen. I've got 2 copies on order now, one I hope is my 9.8.

The only reason I say it will be a similar situation to MTMTE #19 is because BOTH have a 1:25 variant, which MTMTE had 9,394 sales # according to Comichron.com, IFFFFFF (very big if) every store ordered 25 copies and got the incentive, it would equal 400 or less. We both know there are many stores that don't hit 10 copies, and the digital sales that keep it alive on the back end are the only reason we keep rolling out. And that Hasbro $.

As for the 2 covers, Milne rules. 1:25 for top art, with the Transmissions Variant taking #2 spot (IMHO), art there also by Milne.

One of my LCS's tried to get me a 1:10, saw it tonight, badly damaged. I should have one soon though, this honey hole charges cover price for 1:10's though. Pretty sweet when they aren't obliterated on the Diamond Order.

Milne is solid. I really enjoyed the artwork for both incentive covers for Till All Are One with Milne's taking the top spot. I'm hoping that both of the 1:25 covers that I ordered are NM/NM+. My experience with both Midtown and GC is that brand new stuff tends to arrive in gorgeous condition. If it's more than a couple months old, then it's a crapshoot. Like you said though, Diamond is also known to destroy books during delivery to the store. Unfortunately my LCSs that I frequent don't order that many copies for the 1:25. They barely order enough for the 1:10, and that is usually pulled for other people's want lists. I ordered the Transmission cover as well. I really like the homage to the Blaster vs Straxus cover from Marvel. From the preview pic, the colors really seemed to pop off the page.

It'll be less than 400 copies for sure on the 1:25, but will the demand be there? I only ask because, even though this technically isn't a Windblade title, it's still the same creative team. We all saw how that went. Hopefully this title tears it up because it has enough material to a solid entry in the IDW-verse.

This is what 200 of 1000 comics looks like.

TRANSFORMERS: Till All Are One

TransMissions Podcast Variant.

BIG Image Warning.

MdOCAAQ.jpg

Edited by Yoshi