• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,805 posts in this topic

closed at 208.00

Wow

I think madgenius had it posted as a BIN on ebay a few months ago for less than that. Which he graciously sold to me for far less than that.

Darkhawk!

Yup, think youre right.. I think its the 85 preview right?

s_l1600_5.jpg

Yup, think youre right.. I think its the 85 preview right?

s_l1600_5.jpg

No, It's issue #62, the 1985 Preview issue (cover dated January 1, 1985) with the Jaime Hernandez cover. It also features the 1st preview (I think anyway) of Batman the Dark Knight Returns under the title: Batman Special Project.

Off wikipedia:

Watchmen was first mentioned publicly in the 1985 Amazing Heroes Preview. When Moore and Gibbons turned in the first issue of their series to DC, Gibbons recalled, "What really clinched it ... was [writer/artist] Howard Chaykin, who doesn't give praise lightly, and who came up and said, 'Dave what you've done on Watchmen is in' A.'" Speaking in 1986, Moore said, "DC backed us all the way ... and have been really supportive about even the most graphic excesses."

You might be able to squeeze a few bucks out of X-Men 229 right now. First Reavers, who will be in the Wolverine 3 movie as the villain group.

Good call - it's already heating up. (thumbs u

You might be able to squeeze a few bucks out of X-Men 229 right now. First Reavers, who will be in the Wolverine 3 movie as the villain group.

Alpha Flight #33 probably won't be far behind it.

This one too . . . :popcorn:

I don't see it (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Copper-Age-1984-1991/165364/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=1&_nkw=x-men%20229&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Daredevil 197

I don't see it (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Copper-Age-1984-1991/165364/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=1&_nkw=x-men%20229&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Look at the dates of the listings that ended. All May 25th and 24th. That means a book that was doing nothing is now doing something.

Not really. 95% of the value is in the unique sigs. The book itself has little to do with it.

I get that the grade and the sig (and the notes) are the big bucks here. But that still doesnt change the fact that they chose that particular book to market a product.

Point is, if you sell this book by itself, youre missing on a whole lotta potential buyers who are looking for it with:

the flyer, the poster, the countless tie ins (marvel saga 22, marvel age 54, What if 21 & 22 etc etc), Shae Stadium wedding bag+invite, sigs sigs sigsssssss

Interesting to watch the Watchmen stuff. Before Watchmen 4 seems like a passing fancy, I'd say if you could find/flip seems like a great idea. I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been a lot of action around Watchmen #12.

I actually think it's a nice idea to scoop up sets as this could spark a renewed interest. Hey, anything that might get some folks who've never read Watchmen before to read it is ok by me!!!

I don't see it (shrug)

Look at the dates of the listings that ended. All May 25th and 24th. That means a book that was doing nothing is now doing something.

Correctomundo, over 50 sales in 3 days time - contrast that to the price of current listings and then do the same with any other non-hot X-men in the same range. :grin:

Never mind when my copies go up. :popcorn:

That would be the first Alpha Flight book ever worth more than a quarter.

That would be the first Alpha Flight book ever worth more than a quarter.

theres 1st Lady Deathstrike

1st Jim Lee

Gay Northstar