• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ROM the Spaceknight
2 2

249 posts in this topic

Those are nice. How many issues do you find is optimal for binding? I've been thinking about doing this for some time now but I don't want volumes that are too thick

Ones that have 25 books with newsprint pages is good and 30 with the new paper is good. That makes book around 2" thick. This one was an experiment to make as pseudo omnibus. This volume is 2.75" thick and is the first 41 issues with annuals. The second will be the rest with the Marvel Two-in-One #99 issue.

Those are nice. How many issues do you find is optimal for binding? I've been thinking about doing this for some time now but I don't want volumes that are too thick

Ones that have 25 books with newsprint pages is good and 30 with the new paper is good. That makes book around 2" thick. This one was an experiment to make as pseudo omnibus. This volume is 2.75" thick and is the first 41 issues with annuals. The second will be the rest with the Marvel Two-in-One #99 issue.

Don't forget to throw in the PM&IF #73 and Hulk (I think) #197! I think IDW was planning on making a nice reprint collection of the original Rom run in like 4 volumes, and I think the spines were going to even form an image. Looked nice!

*UGH*

This is going to be painful to get them all ...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/03/all-the-rom-1-exclusive-covers-we-could-find-from-rob-liefeld-to-tommy-lee-edwards/

I think I count 22 different covers. :cry:

I don't think you are going to have too much competition. I was so excited for ROM until I saw the art on the interiors and some of these covers. Unfortunately, I'm passing on this one.

*UGH*

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/03/all-the-rom-1-exclusive-covers-we-could-find-from-rob-liefeld-to-tommy-lee-edwards/

I don't think you are going to have too much competition. I was so excited for ROM until I saw the art on the interiors and some of these covers. Unfortunately, I'm passing on this one.

I'm not sure either. In the past I wouldn't hesitate, however, the cover art (for most of these) is just terrible. No effort and it feels ... like they cut corners just for the cash grab. Deep shame here.

*UGH*

I'm not sure either. In the past I wouldn't hesitate, however, the cover art (for most of these) is just terrible. No effort and it feels ... like they cut corners just for the cash grab. Deep shame here.

22 different covers is nothing more than a cash grab. However, people keep buying variant covers so they will continue making them.

Anyone ever see a cosplayer costumed ROM? I think that is one that I have yet to see.

88a58fb0da1ad7758612b458ef730aad.jpg

Spaceknight love ... kid's prolly a wraith.

rom1980.jpg

:eek:

Edited by MattP

*UGH*

I like the Buscema and Sayger covers.

Love me some ROM! :headbang:

Glad to see IDW is bringing it back. I have the entire run and loved it as a kid. I have no doubt IDW is going to take it to the next level.

Rumor was going around that Randy Bowen had sculpted a 14" ROM statue.