• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

They were on schedule for this month according to my pre-order with Things From Another World.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #5: May 18th

Afterlife with Archie #9: May 25th

I hope they don't push it back as they have done with other issues in the recent past. I really love both of these titles.

-Terry

After nearly a year long delay issue #9 was finally released.

In my opinion, the best modern read out there and glad it finally picked up again.

I hope it hasn't lost too many fans.

Read #9 last night.

Ready for #10. Sadly that's probably going to be a long time.

But 9 was awesome and after reading it I realize how I have forgotten just how good this series is.

I hope the TV show ( Riverdale ) that he's writing is as good as this.

Would you rather have a saved by the bell or Miley Cyrus type teen show, or a 90201 type.

At least 90210 had some substance.

And if what I read about Archie having sex with a teacher and the show opening with a dead kid is true, then it sound a lot more interesting then Kelly taking weight loss pills or skreech forgetting his homework.

Would you rather have a saved by the bell or Miley Cyrus type teen show, or a 90201 type.

At least 90210 had some substance.

And if what I read about Archie having sex with a teacher and the show opening with a dead kid is true, then it sound a lot more interesting then Kelly taking weight loss pills or skreech forgetting his homework.

Does the dead kid turn into a zombie? Hmmm hm

Unfortunately every single copy of the new Afterlife arrived at my LCS with damage to the spine. Seeing as it had been forty-six years (or so) since the previous issue, that was all the reason I needed to drop it.

I wouldn't bother to watch either

This interests me and I'm not trying to stir the pot.

What kind of Archie show would you like to see?

Unfortunately every single copy of the new Afterlife arrived at my LCS with damage to the spine. Seeing as it had been forty-six years (or so) since the previous issue, that was all the reason I needed to drop it.

I noticed the same type of spine damage on a lot of the Archie titles these days. I don't get why it is so common right now either.

Something with less drama. Also, the two minute trailer spent about a minute on various shots of Archie taking his shirt off. I can tell by that it's going to be style over substance and poorly written.

An Archie show would do well with a quirky feel to it, like Pushing Daisies, Monk, Psych, shows like that. The Office, but in a high school setting.

Something with less drama. Also, the two minute trailer spent about a minute on various shots of Archie taking his shirt off. I can tell by that it's going to be style over substance and poorly written.

An Archie show would do well with a quirky feel to it, like Pushing Daisies, Monk, Psych, shows like that. The Office, but in a high school setting.

High School students aren't typically that sophisticated.

I was wrong about Shannara Chronicles on MTV it was surprising how close it held to the novels.

I think underestimating kids becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Take comics for example. I'd say most of us here started reading comics when we were very young. Ten years old, seven years old, our whole lives maybe. I was coloring in bargain bin comics before I could read. I've always had comics.

So when we were growing up the comics we read were the A list titles. The titles meant for all ages. The same stuff adults were collecting. I read Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Detective and Batman.

Years go by, those titles become more violent and sexual, they quit selling them in convenience stores, and many people get the idea Batman isn't for kids. Including the new editors of Marvel and DC. So now kids can't read Detective Comics like they have been since the 1940's. Parents complain, kids complain, and so the executives at Marvel and DC who so obviously don't want kids money because they believe kids don't want comics say "Fine, here's your kids comics!" And they give them some Adventures line nonsense with inferior writing and art. It's speaking down to the kids who are totally capable of enjoying the best Lee and Kirby ever offered the world, but now they're given no-name Saturday Morning Cartoon in print form comics. Like the current DC offerings where every page is a two page spread and the entire comic is nine panels long. It's insulting to a child's intelligence. It's going to fail. Because what kids want is what we had. Neal Adams Batman. That stuff wasn't too sophisticated for kids. Hundreds of thousands of kids enjoyed it. And today, hundreds of thousands of kids enjoy Bone by Jeff Smith, while every attempt by Marvel and DC to court children fails. Because they don't want kids . They want top quality all ages friendly stuff.

I believe the same can be said for television. Once the kids grow up beyond Barney and Teletubbies they're ready for some good stuff.

I think underestimating kids becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Take comics for example. I'd say most of us here started reading comics when we were very young. Ten years old, seven years old, our whole lives maybe. I was coloring in bargain bin comics before I could read. I've always had comics.

So when we were growing up the comics we read were the A list titles. The titles meant for all ages. The same stuff adults were collecting. I read Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Detective and Batman.

Years go by, those titles become more violent and sexual, they quit selling them in convenience stores, and many people get the idea Batman isn't for kids. Including the new editors of Marvel and DC. So now kids can't read Detective Comics like they have been since the 1940's. Parents complain, kids complain, and so the executives at Marvel and DC who so obviously don't want kids money because they believe kids don't want comics say "Fine, here's your kids comics!" And they give them some Adventures line nonsense with inferior writing and art. It's speaking down to the kids who are totally capable of enjoying the best Lee and Kirby ever offered the world, but now they're given no-name Saturday Morning Cartoon in print form comics. Like the current DC offerings where every page is a two page spread and the entire comic is nine panels long. It's insulting to a child's intelligence. It's going to fail. Because what kids want is what we had. Neal Adams Batman. That stuff wasn't too sophisticated for kids. Hundreds of thousands of kids enjoyed it. And today, hundreds of thousands of kids enjoy Bone by Jeff Smith, while every attempt by Marvel and DC to court children fails. Because they don't want kids . They want top quality all ages friendly stuff.

I believe the same can be said for television. Once the kids grow up beyond Barney and Teletubbies they're ready for some good stuff.

(thumbs u

I am looking forward to the Archie show even if it is 90210 ish... They still may be able to give it something that is unique.

I totally understand the analogy about kids wanting regular comics vs watered down comics. If I had to read for children Spider-man comics as I kid I most likely would never have collected comics. The good stuff is good for a reason.