• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warren Ellis- Stormwatch/The Authority

175 posts in this topic

A new one I just discovered- there was a Stormwatch #1 preview included with polybagged versions of Divine Right #1 as well as polybagged versions of Stormwatch #1. The Stormwatch #1 preview Lord knows how many exist. I was able to buy copies of both versions, but I'm probably the only person looking for them lol

I grabbed most of these a few years back when I was making a big dent in my "complete Wildstorm Universe from Start to Finish" project. There was a whole set of polybagged versions. they were referred to as Voyager Packs during the Wildstorm: New Horizons line-wide thing. They include:

Divine Right #1

DV8 #14

Gen13 (1995) #25

Phantom Guard #1

StormWatch (1997) #1

Wetworks (1994) #32

WildC.A.T.s: Covert Action Teams #40

Wildcore #1

Stumbled onto the 2nd cover of Stormwatch 5 today. The Apollo & Midnighter cover. For some reason, I didn't have that one yet. $2. Not bad. Also grabbed another of the StormWatch 1 Voyager Pack for $1.50

Edited by Doktor

I just had a feeling like I should go to 2nC this morning... glad I did, found a bunch of Ellis Stormwatch books for a dollar before they put them on the floor, this included last few issues of the first volume, and a beautiful copy of vol. 2 #4! That would be the first vol. 2 #4 I've seen in the wild in quite some time.

Edited by BishopT

Seems like 2 people fighting over 1 book that doesn't pop up for sale very often to me, but also shouldn't really command that kind of price.

But hey, I guess that means I should be looking out for more of them.

It's higher than I expected (I was hoping for $300), but, in hindsight, I guess I didn't really know what to expect. It's the first time this book has sold in 9.8 and is the only one currently available.

The next one graded/sold will be interesting.

That was mine. I offered it at $462 or thereabouts, and someone made me an offer for $375, and I thought that was reasonable, so I took it.

I have two more candidates that will be making their way in soon.

Seems like 2 people fighting over 1 book that doesn't pop up for sale very often to me, but also shouldn't really command that kind of price.

It's higher than I expected (I was hoping for $300), but, in hindsight, I guess I didn't really know what to expect. It's the first time this book has sold in 9.8 and is the only one currently available.

That was mine. I offered it at $462 or thereabouts, and someone made me an offer for $375, and I thought that was reasonable, so I took it.

You sold one privately? There was another copy on eBay recently that came in at $218.

The census is way behind, apparently. It's still just got my copies (the one I own and the one I sold)

Congrats Mr Harmon - I know you have been after one for years.

I'm very pleased for you.

I still continue the futile pursuit...

Congrats again Sean

You sold one privately? There was another copy on eBay recently that came in at $218.

The census is way behind, apparently. It's still just got my copies (the one I own and the one I sold)

No, I sold mine on eBay. In fact, the buyer who sold the 9.8 for $218 bought mine (and used my title, too!) for $375.

Weird.