• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LUKE CAGE on Netflix
2 2

383 posts in this topic

Luke Cage's Mike Colter: "I'm Going To Say Sweet Christmas A Lot"

"Yeah, I'm going to say Sweet Christmas a lot," Colter told the Wizard World crowd. "He's going to do a lot of badass stuff! Prepare for badassery!"

And for those you wondering, Colter says Cage's backstory will be addressed and "I think we show it in a really cool way." He added, "He wasn't trying to be a super hero. The series is about him growing into that"

WMH9WiX.png

Luke Cage To Be Scored By 'A Tribe Called Quest'

The much-anticipated project is going to have the sweet hip-hop sounds of A Tribe Called Quest accompanying the action on screen. Producer and Composer Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad have been working on the project for awhile now, along with their upcoming album The Midnight Hour.

Showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker had this to say about the collaboration: “It’s very sophisticated. I mean, it’s got a ’90s hip-hop vibe, but it’s really forward-thinking. We have Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad doing the scoring for us."

How LUKE CAGE Plans On Being Different From DAREDEVIL & JESSICA JONES

While it's definitely set in the same world as the previous two Netflix programs (Rosario Dawson is also set to reprise her role of Claire Temple in the show), Luke Cage will have a very distinct feel that's reflected in part by its setting of Harlem, as opposed to Hell's Kitchen where Jessica Jones and Daredevil were set. Missick was also able to give a very detailed description of the overall feel of the show, along with how Harlem plays a major role in shaping the characters. "The colors, the feel, the sounds -- everything about this show is its own thing. Harlem is a character in this show. All the other shows took place in Hell's Kitchen; this is the first one that's taking place in Harlem, and you definitely feel that. You feel that in the music, in the conversation, in the characters, everything. It's its own thing. "Luke Cage" is something completely new."

Coker also maintains that while Luke Cage may be a little lighter than the former two shows, it won't shy away from serious moments or its comic book roots. "For our show -- yes, we deal with serious themes. Imagine what somebody with bulletproof skin, how that could affect the neighborhood when it comes to crime. We deal, in a very realistic way, with how that influences the neighborhood (without revealing anything). It's grounded, but at the same time, the fantasy element of it also, I think, will attract people. We have something that's very dramatic, but at the same time, we don't run away from our comic book roots. We embrace them."

How LUKE CAGE Plans On Being Different From DAREDEVIL & JESSICA JONES

While it's definitely set in the same world as the previous two Netflix programs (Rosario Dawson is also set to reprise her role of Claire Temple in the show), Luke Cage will have a very distinct feel that's reflected in part by its setting of Harlem, as opposed to Hell's Kitchen where Jessica Jones and Daredevil were set. Missick was also able to give a very detailed description of the overall feel of the show, along with how Harlem plays a major role in shaping the characters. "The colors, the feel, the sounds -- everything about this show is its own thing. Harlem is a character in this show. All the other shows took place in Hell's Kitchen; this is the first one that's taking place in Harlem, and you definitely feel that. You feel that in the music, in the conversation, in the characters, everything. It's its own thing. "Luke Cage" is something completely new."

Coker also maintains that while Luke Cage may be a little lighter than the former two shows, it won't shy away from serious moments or its comic book roots. "For our show -- yes, we deal with serious themes. Imagine what somebody with bulletproof skin, how that could affect the neighborhood when it comes to crime. We deal, in a very realistic way, with how that influences the neighborhood (without revealing anything). It's grounded, but at the same time, the fantasy element of it also, I think, will attract people. We have something that's very dramatic, but at the same time, we don't run away from our comic book roots. We embrace them."

i just hope is better then Jessica Jones because i found it to be the weakest of the two series.

y7E3baK.jpg

New LUKE CAGE Image Shows The Power Man's Strength Ahead Of The Marvel Series' Comic-Con Panel

In just a couple hours, the San Diego Comic-Con panel for Luke Cage will begin with the Power Man himself, Mike Colter, as well as his co-stars Mahershala Ali (Cornell Stokes), Theo Rossi (Alveraz), Afre Woodard (Mariah Dillard), Simone Missick (Misty Knight), and Frank Whaley (Detective Scarfe) all in attendance. Executive producer and showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker as well as the head of Marvel Television, Jeff Loeb, will also be there.

Beyond new details about the upcoming Netflix series, which is Marvel’s third leading up to the Defenders team-up, attendees of the panel should be treated to the first footage if not a full episode. And hopefully, Marvel will release an official trailer online afterwards.

Jeph Loeb & Simone Missick On The Possibility Of A Misty Knight Netflix Spin-off Show: 'Hell Yeah'

misty-knight-193783.jpg

Speaking with THR, the head of Marvel Television Jeph Loeb talked about her character and the actress portraying her.

"We're very lucky in a sense that our casts are so rich and deep and so diverse. We certainly have plans for all of our characters. A lot of it has to do with exactly how many shows Netflix is actually going to let us make. We're up to six now" then after a pause, he continued "At a certain point, we have to be careful that we're not becoming the Marvel channel on Netflix."

"Nor would we," Loeb says. "But I think Netflix is being very selective in terms of where we're going. That being said, Simone just knocked it so far out of the park that we're still trying to find the baseball. It's somewhere out there traversing the globe. So it's really great. And I can tell you that what she's doing on Iron Fist, it's just incredible. The fans are really going to love it."

Also, the actress portraying Misty, Simone Missick, talks about how one of her fans on social media wanted a solo Misty Knight series with her as lead and Grey's Anatomy's Shonda Rimes at helm. "Somebody put it on Twitter that they want to see a Misty Knight series with Shonda Rhimes as one of the writers. I was like, 'Hell yeah,'" Missick tells The Hollywood Reporter. "How cool would that be? If you say it, if you put it out there, maybe it will happen. Tweet it, and it will come".

LUKE CAGE Fan-Made Opening Sequence Will Get You Excited For The Premiere

Luke Cage is coming to Netflix. That's enough to get fans of the character riled up for the premiere. With the premiere not being that far off, here's a new fan-made opening title sequence by Efe Balun that passes along a powerful message about race accompanied by Dr. Dre's 'What's The Difference'.