• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,559 posts in this topic

You mean a St. John's non-romance book, since PL and Seven Seas have brought big numbers for a long time.

The highest graded copy of Authentic Police Cases #6 (6th Street copy I believe) 8.0, went on ebay for around $1500.00. It then resold on ebay in a BIN, correct me if I'm wrong, for $3550.00!! It took awhile, but memory says that's what happened.

Good point. I guess it depends on how you define "romance."

He was having a fling with a young lady. Doesn't that qualify (:

The book was not re-sold after on eBay or elsewhere.

You seem sure. Was it ever relisted?

Edited by comicnoir

You mean a St. John's non-romance book, since PL and Seven Seas have brought big numbers for a long time.

The highest graded copy of Authentic Police Cases #6 (6th Street copy I believe) 8.0, went on ebay for around $1500.00. It then resold on ebay in a BIN, correct me if I'm wrong, for $3550.00!! It took awhile, but memory says that's what happened.

I am sure. It was not offered or sold anywhere after that initial sale on eBay.

Do you own it?

Was that the same copy that Roy originally offered for sale raw on the boards? I don't remember there being APCs in the Sixth St collection, but maybe there were.

Was that the same copy that Roy originally offered for sale raw on the boards? I don't remember there being APCs in the Sixth St collection, but maybe there were.

Roy never offered a copy on the boards. That was APC 9. APC 6 is my avatar.

Roy never offered a copy on the boards. That was APC 9. APC 6 is my avatar.

Ah, right you are!

It's interesting to note that the All-True All-Picture Police Cases #2 was half a grade lower than the Cinderella Love 25, yet sold for roughly the same price. Very strong price on the Police Cases, yet not surprising.

It's interesting to note that the All-True All-Picture Police Cases #2 was half a grade lower than the Cinderella Love 25, yet sold for roughly the same price. Very strong price on the Police Cases, yet not surprising.

I suppose it's a case of CL 25 being the more desirable book for a Baker collector, but ATAPP 2 being a scarcer book. In this case, the two factors resulted in about the same price.

I suppose it's a case of CL 25 being the more desirable book for a Baker collector, but ATAPP 2 being a scarcer book. In this case, the two factors resulted in about the same price.

Yes.

I don't really seek out Baker covers, but I saw this one on ebay (mislisted) and had to pick it up because I thought the art was awesome.

Is this rare? I don't think I've ever seen one before.

P1110228_zpswr5bz7xm.jpg

It's not the rarest, scarcer in grade. Your's presents well.

I think #3 is tougher.

I don't really seek out Baker covers, but I saw this one on ebay (mislisted) and had to pick it up because I thought the art was awesome.

Is this rare? I don't think I've ever seen one before.

P1110228_zpswr5bz7xm.jpg

It's not the rarest, scarcer in grade. Your's presents well.

I think #3 is tougher.

Both are good early Baker covers, imo, and I agree that 3 is tougher than 2.

Nice looking copy, gadzukes. Now start collecting the rest of the Bakers!

:facepalm: OMG, what have I done. I've opened up a Pandoras box to a new addiction.....Baker covers.

Resistance is futile!

:facepalm: OMG, what have I done. I've opened up a Pandoras box to a new addiction.....Baker covers.

Can't say I feel bad for ya.

Alright then... let's get started. I own 1 now. How many more do I need to complete my collection?