• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

I won't insert the ET video, as by default it inserts that auto-start feature.

Mark Ruffalo Promises "Intergalactic Buddy Road Movie" In THOR: RAGNAROK And Teases Killer Hela

The first two Thor movies were no means bad, but both were met with something of a tepid response from comic book fans and critics alike. Thor: Ragnarok however looks like it's going to be the adaptation everyone has been hoping the God of Thunder would take centre stage in since day one. In an interview with E! Online, Mark Ruffalo emphasised that by shedding some light on what we should expect from the 2017 release and what happens when the Jade Giant is paired up with his fellow Avenger. "It's an intergalactic buddy road movie with Banner and Thor. I think it will be smashing. You'll see a lot more Hulk. The Hulk gets Hulk-ier. The Hulk Hulks out. Hulk-ier and bigger."

Talk then turned to Thor: Ragnarok's villain Hela, a character set to be played by Cate Blanchett. Not much is know about what we should expect from the Marvel Cinematic Universe's take on her, but Ruffalo was quick to drop a few hints about the direction things are heading in, and it sounds like bad news for this movie's heroes! "She plays the worst of the worst. So evil," Ruffalo teased. "She is going to kill us. It's such a great part she gets to play."

I won't insert the ET video, as by default it inserts that auto-start feature.

Mark Ruffalo Promises "Intergalactic Buddy Road Movie" In THOR: RAGNAROK And Teases Killer Hela

Talk then turned to Thor: Ragnarok's villain Hela, a character set to be played by Cate Blanchett. Not much is know about what we should expect from the Marvel Cinematic Universe's take on her, but Ruffalo was quick to drop a few hints about the direction things are heading in, and it sounds like bad news for this movie's heroes! "She plays the worst of the worst. So evil," Ruffalo teased. "She is going to kill us. It's such a great part she gets to play."

Hmmmmm..... in the comics I never thought of Hela as Evil. She didn't do things out of hate. She was more Neutral. She is death. Death is inevitable.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping Hela is more of a neutral Death figure than a traditional "bad guy" (so to speak)...it could also set up Thanos' motivations if she's his love interest for Infinity War.

They need to do something to make Thanos a real character and not a cartoon villain after all these little (and insubstantial) cameos...something we can relate to has to motivate him for those movies to have a chance of being great.

Dan

Learn How ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Will Integrate ‘Planet Hulk’; ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ Villain Revealed

First up, JoBlo claims they know how much of the popular comic Planet Hulk will be adapted into Thor: Ragnarok. While the specifics are still unclear, it looks like the gladiator games of Planet Hulk will factor into the story with Thor somehow becoming involved with the games. Additionally, the games will be overseen by Jeff Goldbum’s character, The Grandmaster. Finally, “In terms of Hulk’s appearance in this portion of the film, he will be rocking the one-shoulder armor as seen in the comics, so expect him to be decked out in the familiar Planet Hulk look.”

JoBlo also reports that Thor will be “sporting a shaved head (but not completely bald) for at least a portion of the film.” As for Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie, as opposed to being a blond character like she is in the comics, she’ll be decked out with “war paint on her face, much like a Native American warrior.”

As for the story, it will involve Thor tracking down “the ultimate weapon to stop Ragnarok and reset the universe.” So what exactly is this weapon? Is it an Infinity Stone? We’ll have to wait and see, but I love the scope that they’re going for and even though it’s a buddy road trip movie, it still seems epic. This is the first time I’ve been genuinely excited for a Thor movie, and it sounds like it’s all coming together quite nicely.

JoBlo also has some news on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. They report that Elizabeth Debicki (The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) is set to play the film’s villain, Ayesha aka “Her” aka “Kismet” aka “Paragon.”

'Her'?? That means Adam Warlock.

:whee:

HER? They better not be making Warlock a girl...c'mon man I will be seriously pissed. Please let it be some incarnation of the Goddess or Warlock's light, feminine side...PLEASE!

No. They have a relationship of sorts, which is why if there is a HER then there is also a HIM.

Incredible Hulk Annual #6 is probably starting to disappear already from internet shelves.

:ohnoez:

HER? They better not be making Warlock a girl...c'mon man I will be seriously pissed. Please let it be some incarnation of the Goddess or Warlock's light, feminine side...PLEASE!

No. They have a relationship of sorts, which is why if there is a HER then there is also a HIM.

Incredible Hulk Annual #6 is probably starting to disappear already from internet shelves.

:ohnoez:

Ah ok, jumped the gun a bit without any knowledge...thanks for the info, I'd never heard of HER

Nice cast announced.

So, just in case you missed it, go buy:

Journey Into Mystery 102

Journey Into Mystery 103

Avengers 69

Defenders 4.

Have at it!

As awesome as the Defenders 4 cover is, Avengers 83 is the first appearance of the character of the Valkyrie (as an archetype/mantle... they are all somebody other than Brunnhilde herself until Defenders 109 in 1983) and it appears to be the one shooting up in value.

How much higher do these books actually have to run? A couple have popped already on the movie spec news. Unless they have staying power (i.e. will appear in mulitple movies) there are better books to speculate with.

First Look At The Set Of THOR: RAGNAROK Seemingly Takes Us Back To Asgard; "Several Spaceships" Being Built

Thor: Ragnarok begins shooting on Australia's Gold Coast on July 4th, and the Gold Coast Bulletin has a piece up looking at what exactly the Marvel Studios production is getting up to in the area. As you can see below, a number of large sets are being constructed at Village Roadshow Studios, and they appear to be parts of Asgard (a sign perhaps that this movie will create that realm with less CGI).

Shooting is expected to last until October, and director Taika Waititi told the site the following about working on the movie for Marvel: "I’ve been hanging out with Chris and I’ve been working on the -script with the writer, designing swords and things and looking at pieces of armour. I am an outside choice for Thor for sure - even I see that - but that’s what’s good about Marvel, what’s great about it. They’re able to do that and it’s paid off for them - getting people who aren’t the natural choice. You see it again and again, so I’m very comfortable in the role. I’m weirdly relaxed."

QqYScGF.jpg