• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

How did you acquire this? I bid in this auction and it did not meet reserve....

I had contacted the seller early in the auction and asked him to break up the set as I only really wanted the proof. Since the auction did not meet the reserve, we worked out a deal.

Smart move, should have thought about doing that :(

I used to own that proof. lol

Has it increased in value since you sold it?

I guess that depends on what it was recently purchased for since I sold it to the guy that woregul bought it from. Though the specifics are really none of my business. I didn't catch the highest bid on the reserve auction was either. Too many factors to say for sure. Cool item though.

If I'm not mistaken, board member advancedpillow had a copy of the gold proof, though that was years ago. Who knows if he still has it.

I used to own that proof. lol

Has it increased in value since you sold it?

I guess that depends on what it was recently purchased for since I sold it to the guy that woregul bought it from. Though the specifics are really none of my business. I didn't catch the highest bid on the reserve auction was either. Too many factors to say for sure. Cool item though.

If I'm not mistaken, board member advancedpillow had a copy of the gold proof, though that was years ago. Who knows if he still has it.

I can confim if the value went up or down if someone can PM me its previous sale price.

low grade second. They are almost identical to firsts and have the much lower print run.

Thirds are common and they stand out as reprints.

I found these pictures on my computer recently. I figured someone might find them interesting in light of recent discussions.

I don't own either of these anymore, but there was a Silver Turtlemania Proof and a Sample that are out there. Both seem to be made of the same stock, though with obviously different writing added after the fact.

Proof:

Turtlemania%20Silver%20Proof.jpg

Sample:

Turtlemania%20Silver%20Sample.jpg

I don't generally post my art days but I'm pretty excited about this recent pickup. As some of you know, I had a small art sale going on, mainly as a fundraising effort. Well, literally the day I sold my first piece this opportunity came along that I simply couldn't pass up on. So without further ado...

TMNT 5 Spread

AND

This little old thing...

Having sold my page from issue #5 a while back, I had nothing from this issue. But I think I'm good now! :)

I don't generally post my art days but I'm pretty excited about this recent pickup. As some of you know, I had a small art sale going on, mainly as a fundraising effort. Well, literally the day I sold my first piece this opportunity came along that I simply couldn't pass up on. So without further ado...

TMNT 5 Spread

AND

This little old thing...

Having sold my page from issue #5 a while back, I had nothing from this issue. But I think I'm good now! :)

Damn! (worship)