• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,908 posts in this topic

I've been looking for a nice Raw Copy for a little while, this is in my Top 5 Wrightson Covers (IMO opinion best cover he did in '74) :cloud9: now to find those under copies and list them lol.

HOM231.jpg

Not to be out done, this Kaluta cover from 1972 is as good as it gets in the BA Horror genre; this is one of those books, if its for sale, at cons, internet, here LCS lol yeah right, I just buy it, and loving the latest addition.

DarkMansion7.jpg

It just takes time, patience is often the key and realizing that another one will come around or sometimes the same one will. This was the HOM 196 Oakland, could have had this one early on from Vinny, but the asks for the Oaks were a bit heavy, this was pre CGC and hey I was in my 20s, gas money was a real priority. Nabbed it at auction last year, gas money isn't quite in the same priority set, but I paid more than Vinny was asking 20 years ago lol:/

HOM196CGC92Oakland.jpeg

That is a beauty!! (worship)

It just takes time, patience is often the key and realizing that another one will come around or sometimes the same one will. This was the HOM 196 Oakland, could have had this one early on from Vinny, but the asks for the Oaks were a bit heavy, this was pre CGC and hey I was in my 20s, gas money was a real priority. Nabbed it at auction last year, gas money isn't quite in the same priority set, but I paid more than Vinny was asking 20 years ago lol:/

HOM196CGC92Oakland.jpeg

That is a beauty!! (worship)

They're gonna be mean to that cute doggie.

Not to be out done, this Kaluta cover from 1972 is as good as it gets in the BA Horror genre; this is one of those books, if its for sale, at cons, internet, here LCS lol yeah right, I just buy it, and loving the latest addition.

DarkMansion7.jpg

Great centering on this book. Very tough to find in high grade. Nice. (thumbs u

Bob Storms sold the HOM 174 9.8 a few years ago. If my memory serves me, a boardie's wife bought it for the lucky boardie as a present. It was a gorgeous, well centered beauty.

The only reason I remember this is because I was drooling over the book on Bob's site for a month or so after he initially listed it.

PQ was white. I have no idea what the sales price was. At one point, I thought Bob had it listed at $4,000?????? I could be off on the ask, but that's what my memory is recalling.

You could email Bob or PM him here.

It seems I may be waking the dead in making this post....but it's quiet....

Just some random horror stuff since this thread has historically been my primary stomping grounds....

Has anyone seen the new horror movie "Lights Out"? Basic premise of a spectre that can haunt you in the dark sounds kinda promising. I believe the director also did "The Conjuring"....is that movie any good? I've stayed away from movies in general for last few years....wanting to give it another shot.

I've never backed up anyone before on Kickstarter, but I've done so with Farrand and Vick with their upcoming psychological thriller "Untold"....check it out here and if you're inclined throw them a few bucks. I splurged for a couple of the cameos, and I can guarantee you guys might be a little surprised by it when it goes to print. They're UK based; I've exchanged messages with Dan and seems very pleasant and eager to get this off the ground so wish them the best of luck on this new venture.

Untold - Kickstarter

Untold - Facebook

There's another effort I'm considering backing -- harkens back to the old B/W fanzines of the 70s....Crypt of Screams

Crypt of Screams - Kickstarter

I guess in general I'd like others to experience what I did as a kid reading these comics...hope you might consider that as well.