• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

I've been searching for this one for a while. Thought I had searched every site and online store (multiple times), but was able to find it about 10 pages into a Google search. Paid a whopping $30 for it, and am on cloud 9. Probably a 5.0/5.5, but definitely a difficult book to track down...

Blackhawk_133_zpstgh51z6w.jpg

(thumbs u

Beautiful cover too!

I've been searching for this one for a while. Thought I had searched every site and online store (multiple times), but was able to find it about 10 pages into a Google search. Paid a whopping $30 for it, and am on cloud 9. Probably a 5.0/5.5, but definitely a difficult book to track down...

Blackhawk_133_zpstgh51z6w.jpg

(thumbs u

Beautiful cover too!

+1. Blackhawk seems to be a really under appreciated series.

Branched out the DC Big 5 a bit with Combat from Dell. These are reprints of early issues.

Combat #31

St9RiN8.jpg

Combat #36

g54DUM2.jpg

Nice ones. I particularly like the Combat 36, but they both have great covers. I think a lot of the Dell books are still very underappreciated. I've had my eye on some of the Combats as well as Ghost Stories. You can get them in high grade for cheap.

come to think of it you are right I have never seen this one either..... can't imagine its rare but you never know ?

Not sure if it's rare either. It could be that folks simply just haven't pulled them out of their long boxes. Still, Lady Blackhawk isn't immune to the 1st appearance craze, so seems like folks are looking for Blackhawk 133. A 1.8 is already at $51 on ebay with a couple of days to go. For me, I've just taken an interest in Blackhawk of late and am adding to a small group of the DC portion of the run. Just lucky to find one of the harder issues.

Combat has some great art, inside and out. Issue #24 even has Sam Glanzman's first USS Stevens cover, 3 years before the series would start at DC.

Very good info. Thanks!!

Killer copies of those two books. Wish mine were as nice

Found them on eBay....and I think they flew under the radar a little. My snipes were definitely higher.

The guy had only two comics, pretty odd that they would be desirable old war books in nice shape.

Great score-the grades on both look exceptional! That's what I get for focusing on PCH instead of upgrading DC war. The GIC is especially tough in high grade because the slightest imperfections show well against the dark background. Congrats on two great pickups.

Great score-the grades on both look exceptional! That's what I get for focusing on PCH instead of upgrading DC war. The GIC is especially tough in high grade because the slightest imperfections show well against the dark background. Congrats on two great pickups.

Thanks. Took me years to find a nice 91. For $200 I am pretty damn thrilled.

Killer copies of those two books. Wish mine were as nice

Found them on eBay....and I think they flew under the radar a little. My snipes were definitely higher.

The guy had only two comics, pretty odd that they would be desirable old war books in nice shape.

Nice books! Still looking for my OAAW #112, hope I can snag such a nice looking copy.