• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

I am not surprised at all. Coverless copies go for 500 at least when slabbed. That book looked pretty good with the exception of Spidey being cut out. Nice spine and corners, etc. I was tempted to bid on it myself. My rough CGC .5 copy sold for over 1,100 a couple months ago and had no back cover. The copy you are referring too was much nicer in my opinion.

Looks like a 4.5 sold on the boards today for $5595.00 :banana:

According to GPA, this is the highest sale for a 4.5 unless anyone else knows of a higher sale(s).

This book has slowly been going up in value and probably due to the fact that AF15 is simply out of reach for most collectors.

does anybody else think the prices for the CGC8.0 and CGC9.0 on eBay are a bit over the top?

The prices for most of the ASM 1's on eBay have become over the top. I think I saw a 5.0 with a BIN of 20K. There's a bunch of 3.0's at about 2X GPA as well.

Then again, it's eBay, so whatever, I guess.

I bought my 5.0 in 2005 and it cost $2900.....and I am never selling it,I have 3 grave books,ASM #1 annual Green River 7.5,FF#1 5.0,and Spidey #1.....everything else I could sell and not lose sleep....my only regret is I never got AF#15....oh well..can't have everything (thumbs u

Wow, did you guys see that a 5.0 recently sold for over 9K?

This is the 1st post on page 1

Maybe we should start an ASM 1 club because there is absolutely no way I can afford an AF15.... :tonofbricks:

This is more relevant than ever as AF 15 keeps climbing and climbing in value.

ASM 1 is Spidey's 2nd appearance on 1st in his own book so I'm not surprised at the rise in value.

i almost traded mine toward a g.a. key i was upgrading a couple years ago; sooo glad i didn't. this will be among the books in the last box when liquidation starts in earnest down the road.

asm1.jpg

i almost traded mine toward a g.a. key i was upgrading a couple years ago; sooo glad i didn't. this will be among the books in the last box when liquidation starts in earnest down the road.

asm1.jpg

Great looking copy!