• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

being a subby guy, i've acutally always preferred 4 to doom's debut. minority, i know, and the guide values 5 more, but LOOOOOOVE me some ff 4.
I'll support that being a Subby fan (thumbs u

I might have liked #5 better if I readit first as it is a true classic but I bought a fair condition #4 at a little con in Seattle for $80 - it was the first early FF I ever read and it blew me away. Love the way he was discovered as a hobo suffering from amnesia and I love subby's' prophecy of doom about driving mankind back to being cave dwellers.

I've always enjoyed # 4 myself, as well. Great story; the Torch finding Namor, and the Thing carrying an atom bomb on his back into the Giganto's mouth is so over the top.

FF # 5 is no slouch, either. Our first taste of Sinnott's inks over Kirby on FF is a treat.

FF # 6 with Doom & Subby - awesome!

It's a nice little run of early stories, along with the Skrull story in # 2. :grin:

Anyone notice how it was the Torch's actions that brought back Namor into the silver age, and then a little later it was Namor's actions that brought Captain America back into the Silver Age.

The three Timely heroes - the Torch, Namor & Cap (even though the Torch was a different character, he's still the Human Torch).

I've always enjoyed # 4 myself, as well. Great story; the Torch finding Namor, and the Thing carrying an atom bomb on his back into the Giganto's mouth is so over the top.

FF # 5 is no slouch, either. Our first taste of Sinnott's inks over Kirby on FF is a treat.

FF # 6 with Doom & Subby - awesome!

It's a nice little run of early stories, along with the Skrull story in # 2. :grin:

Anyone notice how it was the Torch's actions that brought back Namor into the silver age, and then a little later it was Namor's actions that brought Captain America back into the Silver Age.

The three Timely heroes - the Torch, Namor & Cap (even though the Torch was a different character, he's still the Human Torch).

wow,you are so right,never got the connection till now!....they must have been smoking cigars and drinkin scotch saying "let's get these old guys back,I'll make Namor a homeless bum,and then make him throw an iceberg and wake Cap up! (thumbs u

Just want to chime in here and say that I watched a movie last night called The Ice Storm. One of the characters (Toby Mcguire, I think) was reading a FF comic at the very beginning and got pretty into it.

Kinda neat. (shrug)

Just want to chime in here and say that I watched a movie last night called The Ice Storm. One of the characters (Toby Mcguire, I think) was reading a FF comic at the very beginning and got pretty into it.

Kinda neat. (shrug)

Pretty good movie.

That is a sweet, sweet #6. Congrats on such a great book.

I was hoping to post a #36 on here this week. Not a great copy no more than a VG but still elusive here in the UK and for those on a budget but after receiving it last week and going through it I noticed that not one but two ad pages had been removed. I've had that before a couple of times but that was on cheap, cheap books so it's back to the seller it goes. :frustrated:

:cloud9:Been waiting awhile for a 9.4 to pop up for sale. Definitely one of my favorite covers.

RADA380F2016318_105039.jpg

That's a beauty

I've been looking for a while myself for one with a good wrap and non indented staples, not always easy to find on this issue

Picked up a nice 82 the other day. An issue I've always had trouble finding in reasonable condition and not grossly inflated on the price.

scan0001_zpscattumy1.jpg

Now I only need #66 & #78 to have a complete run from 53-90. :whee:

I've sort of accepted the fact that I'm never going to get a 52...or a 45..but still hoping to land a 48 & 49 at some point.