• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

So i have been tracking sales on this book for a while as i have an 9.4 being pressed hopefully to a 9.6. But i saw a sale on ebay for a 9.6 ss go for 10k........ while an 9.8 went for 8100. I messaged nyx comics who sold the 9.6 and they confirmed the sale. Pretty stoked about the rise in the book.

I saw that 10k sale too. That's incredible. There was also a $11,999 sale for a 9.8 in feb. Pretty outstanding. I think 129 will be at 181 levels in no time. Kinda strange on the SS sales though. Sometimes they're less, sometimes they're higher (shrug) I guess it's all on preference.

Congrats!
Thank you so much! So happy about the grade bump. :grin: I'll try to post a better picture later. Had some problem with lighting yesterday.

Side note: I love the new cases! :cloud9:

Here is the better picture I have been waiting to post. I ended up getting a new new case <a  href=IMG_4329_zpssrtc4d0m.jpg' alt='IMG_4329_

Behold the Professor Pecora copy!!! :eek:

Professor Pecora's ASM #129 CGC 9.8 WP!!

Enjoy!

-Professor Pecora

Great copy brother! I agree. Perfect copy! Check out mine when you get a chance. They look almost identical.

Hey STORMSHADOW_80! Yes...you also have a killer copy!! Where did you purchase yours from? Was it originally a CGC 9.8 or did you have it pressed from a CGC 9.6 to a 9.8?

Enjoy!

-Professor Pecora

Great copy brother! I agree. Perfect copy! Check out mine when you get a chance. They look almost identical.

Hey STORMSHADOW_80! Yes...you also have a killer copy!! Where did you purchase yours from? Was it originally a CGC 9.8 or did you have it pressed from a CGC 9.6 to a 9.8?

Thanks man! I bought my copy off of ebay a couple years ago as a 9.6. I searched for awhile for the best copy I could find in that grade. I always thought it looked like a 9.8. I thought about getting it pressed for a while but really couldn't find any defects that needed to be pressed. Finally I mustered up the courage and just resubmitted it without pressing. I was ecstatic when I found out it bumped up to a 9.8! :o

Enjoy!

-Professor Pecora

Thanks man! I bought my copy off of ebay a couple years ago as a 9.6. I searched for awhile for the best copy I could find in that grade. I always thought it looked like a 9.8. I thought about getting it pressed for a while but really couldn't find any defects that needed to be pressed. Finally I mustered up the courage and just resubmitted it without pressing. I was ecstatic when I found out it bumped up to a 9.8! :o

CONGRATS!! You just made a guaranteed high return on investment with the grade bump! As you are probably aware, a recent 9.8 WP copy sold for $10,600 on Comic Connect a few months ago! Also, there is another 9.8 copy with White Pages currently in a Comic Link auction with a current bid of $7,600 as of 8/31/2016 @ 11:00 pm EST with "5 +" days left until the auction closes!! Here is the link ---> ASM #129 CGC 9.8 WP - Comic Link Auction

Edited by Professor Pecora

Winning Bid on the ASM #129 CGC 9.8 WP on Comic Link as of 9/6/16 at 9:50 PM EST = $9,500 with a total of 48 bids! The book continues to soar to new heights and is closing the gap in overall market value to Incredible Hulk #181!

For example, a copy of IH #181 CGC 9.8 WP sold in the same Comic Link Auction on 9/7/2016 for 13K. That's only a 3.5K difference in market value price realized when compared to the ASM #129 CGC 9.8 WP that sold for 9.5K! Just a year or two ago, the difference between ASM #129 and IH #181 in CGC 9.8 would be anywhere from 5K-10K!

Therefore, ASM #129 has come a long way and is finally getting the $$$ value to match up to the book's significance! After all, it predates IH #181 by 9 months (almost 1 year) and the Punisher actually opened up the doors to more violent material way before Wolverine started taking momentum in the Bronze Age X-Men run!

I love the 20 Cent cover value too! Just a really dope book to own!

-Professor Pecora

Edited by Professor Pecora