• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

Seller is a boardie. Rather popular one right now too... :D

Very sketchy. From the feedback, it looks like the seller reneged on the auction, didn't ship the book and refunded the buyer's payment. The buyer left a nasty negative and the seller has now relisted the book as a BIN.

Seller comic-sutra now has a data point in GPA of his book selling for $861 where he is trying to now resell the same book for double. Interesting strategy.

:hi:

Hey, I didn't even know this was here!

Sooooo.....do I get a retraction on the "very sketchy" comment...? :wishluck:

RMA, I did not mean the "very sketchy" to describe either individual, the seller or the buyer and apologize for the lack of clarity. I was not questioning your integrity, rather commenting on what appeared to happen based on the feedback. (thumbs u

What I meant was that the (non) transaction was "very sketchy". It appears that GPA agrees and has dropped the data point. Current sales of the book look to be between $900 and $1000. Hopefully the next movie will be awesome. :wishluck:

Anyone know the final sales price for this SW #1 CGC 7.5 thru GPA? hm A MOTO was accepted. Thanks. (thumbs u

Star Wars #1 CGC 7.5 35 cent price variant

You have to be a little tricky nowadays to get the correct price close from ebay. I am not sure why ebay thinks it is a good idea to intentionally show misleading and incorrect price information.

But GPA agrees with this screen shot. (thumbs u

star_wars_1_75_5500_zpsuxcynnpa.png

And one more way to find the correct information using the history function.

star_wars_1_75_5500_bid_history_zpstt7iv2vk.png

You have to really love the fact that one "buyer" offered $15 for the star wars 1 price variant and another "buyer" really tested the waters with a strong $1 offer.

so%20youre%20telling_zps2zypab8s.jpg

Anyone know the final sales price for this SW #1 CGC 7.5 thru GPA? hm A MOTO was accepted. Thanks. (thumbs u

Star Wars #1 CGC 7.5 35 cent price variant

You have to be a little tricky nowadays to get the correct price close from ebay. I am not sure why ebay thinks it is a good idea to intentionally show misleading and incorrect price information.

But GPA agrees with this screen shot. (thumbs u

star_wars_1_75_5500_zpsuxcynnpa.png

Thanks Craig for the info. (thumbs u This book has really sky-rocketed in the past 5 years or more in all grades. :o

A nice 9.4 35 center is coming up on Heritage Signature. It will be informative to see where it lands.

$26,290 final.

That is astounding. In 2009 or early 2010, there were two of these 9.4s that sold within a month of each other on CL for around $4300 a piece. I do not know if they were bidding style auctions or in the seller/marketplace listing.

A 9.6 slab sometime in 2011 sold for $22K on CL as well.

So given the multiple on the 9.4 went up 6X where would you peg the hammer price on the 9.6 presently - looks like a 6 figure book now?

A nice 9.4 35 center is coming up on Heritage Signature. It will be informative to see where it lands.

$26,290 final.

That is astounding. In 2009 or early 2010, there were two of these 9.4s that sold within a month of each other on CL for around $4300 a piece. I do not know if they were bidding style auctions or in the seller/marketplace listing.

So given the multiple on the 9.4 went up 6X where would you peg the hammer price on the 9.6 presently - looks like a 6 figure book now?

Good question. I don't think you are far off. It is hard to imagine a $100,000 bronze age book, but that would be the one.

If a 9.8 ever shows up, that would do it.

$26,290 final.

Good question. I don't think you are far off. It is hard to imagine a $100,000 bronze age book, but that would be the one.

If a 9.8 ever shows up, that would do it.

Someone sent me a message and pointed out there was a previous sale of the other 9.6 before the sale above I mentioned and that one was for $26K (which at that point in time it looks like the census was only one.)

The census on this issue has not budged in many years now (talking about @ 9.6 that is) there are still only two. Never say never, but the hammer price on a hypothetical 9.8 would shock some folks for sure.

Out of the current two 9.6s though it looks like they are both tied up in private collections. Its been over five years now and if one of these were owned by a speculator you would think it would have surfaced by now given the multiples on the lower grades.