• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

Great books, Rob! Beautiful colors on all three books.

I always forget how fresh the Don and Maggie books are. I just did a quick Heritage archive search and it's amazing how many of the books have white pages.

I have a dozen or so. I think they're great books. (thumbs u

Hello all, Ive decided to start a collection of the frank miller run. So far I've only spent $60 and I have 163, 169, 174, 175, 181.

181 is in the mail.

DsjsgkT.jpg

Can anyone help with a grade, I may have to go back and buy out the rest of these books and they all had similar condition.

Going to try to put together the 168-191 daredevil run at the con this weekend. These books are suprisingly cheap, anyone have advice on buying these? The non-keys all seem to go for $5-10 each. Is this normal or did I get really lucky?

PGM Daredevil 174

Want-Ad for issues #158-191

Edited by 90sChild

The books look really really nice but it's hard to tell the grades with the books still in the bags and not having them in hand.

If the books are in the 9.2-9.6 range, I'd guess the prices are pretty standard.

In any event, that's a great stack of books from one of the best runs in comic history.

Hey guys,

So I'm working on a little project and need 6 DD covers - keys and significant books.

Definites I'm using are:

Most likely Vol. 2 #26 (I know this will probably be the easy out for many, but I loved the Bendis/Maleev run and this one is probably going to stay)

Which three out of four would you guys choose?

And what would be your top 3 above in case I swapped out Vol.2 #26? Any other issues you'd imagine in that list? #131?

Born Again is one of the best stories of all time. But I remember some of the splash pages and panels more than the covers.

There are a number of other great Miller and Kane covers but I don't know if they'd pass the significance test.

163 with the Hulk, is that significant enough? It the Hulk, after all.

qrXv1e.jpg

I got robbed on the grade for my 163 newsstand. It came back 9.4. If pressed it would likely come out better although I personally didn't think it was necessary for a min 9.6.

The colours on that cover really shoot out.

Hey guys,

So I'm working on a little project and need 6 DD covers - keys and significant books.

Definites I'm using are:

Most likely Vol. 2 #26 (I know this will probably be the easy out for many, but I loved the Bendis/Maleev run and this one is probably going to stay)

Which three out of four would you guys choose?

And what would be your top 3 above in case I swapped out Vol.2 #26? Any other issues you'd imagine in that list? #131?

Out of those I like:

Yes, on the #131. For other ideas I also like:

#81 (the big $.20 issue)

#27, great yellow cover

#42, with Cap by Kirby

#53, overall sweet cover

The Joe Quesada #1 cover

Just my thoughts! :)