• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Capullo selling his Batman artwork online
1 1

296 posts in this topic

Nice DPS! I added this one to my collection...

Batman #36 page 14

Saw that yesterday. Great page. Love the silhouettes especially. Congrats.

Whelp. Just added a Court of Owls DPS to my CAF collection: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1314363

Jeez, one thing I don't think anyone can argue about is you are building the best Court Of Owls collection around.

Thanks. Tried aggressively for some time to get a Court cover, but that ain’t happening. I’ve been told Greg’s not selling any time soon, if ever.

Edited by Mr. Machismo

Hello,

I am a huge fan of Capullo and long time collector of his originals. With everybody posting great pieces I thought I would share mine. Here is my Batman piece. Its actually the piece that got Greg the job on Court of Owls and first time he ever drew Robin. I took a new larger pic of it but just realized my premium membership has expired. Once they update that I will have a bigger pic.

Batman and Robin by Greg Capullo

thanks,

Matthew

I'd stab 38 hobos for the cover of issue #37.

One for each issue and the 38th just because I was on a roll.

Unless you're getting paid a grand a piece for stabbing them you're gonna still have to set up a payment plan.

Bummer, I only know the 38 hobos.

I believe that will be the iconic Joker cover of this decade.

I'd stab 38 hobos for the cover of issue #37.

One for each issue and the 38th just because I was on a roll.

Unless you're getting paid a grand a piece for stabbing them you're gonna still have to set up a payment plan.

Bummer, I only know the 38 hobos.

39 is my favourite joker cover of their run...but $30K...y'ouch.

Death of the Family has some nice pieces, too.

Personally, I'm partial to this given the sheer creepiness, though obviously I'm biased!

NsZjsv1Z_2403161326561gpadd.jpg

Detective 880 already has that honor locked up, IMO.

^^

I'd also put that Rafael Albuquerque Batgirl cover (that was yanked before publication) that riffed off of The Killing Joke above Bats #37 as well as far as recent Joker covers go. 2c

+1,000 not only that, it was instantly a classic. That's incredibly rare for modern covers, with so many variants, and so little time or space to become burned into the collecting consciousness.

Mr. M, I'd be scared to hang that but it's super cool.

The 880 cover is obviously great but to me there's just something about the 37 that perfectly captures the nature of the character and why he's unique. Demented, yet refined let's say.

The tux/air pinkie combo I suppose.

880 is a classic joker cover. here it is with a little animation :D

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2015/07/detective-comics-880.gif

anyone know if the original was done by hand or digital?

I believe it was done by hand as most of Jock's art is done that way. I have owned a few of his original art pieces over the years including at one time a nice Batman cover from the Red Hood series. Right now I only have this piece of his

Jock Art

It would wonderful to see the original art for that Joker cover

mathew

Hello,

I am a huge fan of Capullo and long time collector of his originals. With everybody posting great pieces I thought I would share mine. Here is my Batman piece. Its actually the piece that got Greg the job on Court of Owls and first time he ever drew Robin. I took a new larger pic of it but just realized my premium membership has expired. Once they update that I will have a bigger pic.

Batman and Robin by Greg Capullo

thanks,

Matthew

Great piece. I've been wondering why Some of Greg's batman art, like this was never published.