• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Let's give Lois some coverage here:

ll14.jpg

Schaffenberger (sp) Lois books are some of the most overlooked and under appreciated comics of the whole SA...... just fantastic stuff....... Big Head Lois In Vegas is one of the coolest comics of the 60's :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ah yes, big head Lois in Vegas...a favorite if mine as well:

ll27.jpg

:cloud9:

.... a lot of thought went into the DC stuff from this time frame...... I suppose this was before Weissinger's success caused him to devolve into a fat, oppressive, redundant slob...... GOD BLESS...

Both #14 and #27 have wild cool covers and are egregiously difficult to find in that nice a grade.

(thumbs u

Both #14 and #27 have wild cool covers and are egregiously difficult to find in that nice a grade.

(thumbs u

A few later issues just received , good enough for me !

superman 182 photo superman 182.jpg

superman 189 photo superman 189.jpg

superman 200 photo superman 200.jpg

(thumbs u

A few later issues just received , good enough for me !

superman 182 photo superman 182.jpg

superman 189 photo superman 189.jpg

superman 200 photo superman 200.jpg

Love these! My daughter got quite the laugh out of similar books I had when she was told that "Three Part Novel!" meant that the story took up the entire comic.

Here's another Swan. Another few issues (#34) and then the tale of the Two Curts really begins. I love Kurt #2, don't get me wrong, but I think Curt #1 was at the epitome of refining his own Lois with this cover. And poor Lois was usually on the shaky end of the eternal triangle. So funny!

LoisLane31fc_zpscfpszzpm.jpg

Another cool Lois:

ll16.jpg

Gorgeous book, Danny. Over the top. :applause: That shade of green against the DC orange is fantastic. Rays coming out of anybody's eyes really got me off as a kid.

Here's Swan coming back with a sweet cover after Kurt's big bubble debut in #25. I got a big kick out of Supes chillin and grillin with the vissin. And Lana lording it up over Lois...again! :headbang:

LoisLane26fc_zpsahblikne.jpg

Here's one of my favorite Lois/Lana covers to add to the theme.

SGLL21_zpsifyurqq8.jpg

It's funny, as I just always assumed this was a Kurt Schaffenberger cover, as that Lois is a dead ringer for his style. I looked it up, and it turns out it is Curt Swan...but inked by Schaffenberger. Good stuff.

Edited by tomo

Here's one of my favorite Lois/Lana covers to add to the theme.

SGLL21_zpsifyurqq8.jpg

It's funny, as I just always assumed this was a Kurt Schaffenberger cover, as that Lois is a dead ringer for his style. I looked it up, and it turns out it is Curt Swan...but inked by Schaffenberger. Good stuff.

Nice book!

I made a comment in Paperheart's thread about how much I wanted a book he had but that the funds just weren't right, and low and behold, it showed up at my house today.... courtesy of a very cool boardie who bought it for me...... :o When I was a kid in the mid 60's, my Aunt pulled up one day at my Grandma's house and called my cousins, my sister, and me out to her Chevelle and popped the trunk. It was filled with comics that her students had donated to send to troops in 'Nam ..... but it turned out that shipping was WAY more than she could afford, so she gave them to us. We each got a stack about 2 feet tall, and many of those books are burned into my memory to this very day. Action 344 was one of them. I couldn't read much then, so my Pop read them with me...... they made me want to learn to read. :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

Z8Qn0Bc.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

I made a comment in Paperheart's thread about how much I wanted a book he had but that the funds just weren't right, and low and behold, it showed up at my house today.... courtesy of a very cool boardie who bought it for me...... :o When I was a kid in the mid 60's, my Aunt pulled up one day at my Grandma's house and called my cousins, my sister, and me out to her Chevelle and popped the trunk. It was filled with comics that her students had donated to send to troops in 'Nam ..... but it turned out that shipping was WAY more than she could afford, so she gave them to us. We each got a stack about 2 feet tall, and many of those books are burned into my memory to this very day. Action 344 was one of them. I couldn't read much then, so my Pop read them with me...... they made me want to learn to read. :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

Z8Qn0Bc.jpg

Jimbo,

Great story and awesome act of kindness by a fellow board member. Thanks for sharing. That is one awesome looking book. I bet you will treasure it as a keeper.

Z8Qn0Bc.jpg

Jimbo,

Great story and awesome act of kindness by a fellow board member. Thanks for sharing. That is one awesome looking book. I bet you will treasure it as a keeper.

Every now and then I'll see a book that I first saw in that stack and haven't seen since..... usually the D.C. titles..... as I don't think there are any SA Marvels that I haven't seen again. I still remember seeing a Metamorpho cover in the pile all those years ago..... I think it short circuited my young mind, it was so bizarre..... but after that day, I don't think there was any way that I could have turned back from this life long love of the comic book medium. GOD BLESS...