• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Am I on my way to being "notified" again...?

And the answer to that is "yes."

Wow.

Perfect wording for this. People have far too much hate for something as simple as a comic-book board to hump the button on you as much as they do.

*sigh*

Let's hope the tyranny doesn't extend out to the mods & you again.

:wishluck:

-slym

As much as this is being painted as standing up against bad eBay buyers, my take is that you simply enjoy this type of back and forth. If that is not the case-- and you are simply just "mad as hell and not going to take it anymore" when it comes to eBay buyers who string you along-- by all means, go with it.

I agree that this guy is a clown who takes no responsibility for this entire matter. He does deserve to be blocked and I have done that.

Had this been my sale, I would have just cancelled it and moved on-- maybe mentioned it on these boards as a buyer to block.

I don't enjoy arguing over something like this. It is a huge time suck.

My experience when trying to show someone ignorant how to live like a civilized human has been that it is far too often a fools errand that is not only frustrating but also fruitless.

just my take-- good luck.

Its a fair assessment. I would probably do the same it just isn't worth the time. I am sure I am not alone in this thought.

It's interesting that the Dude deleted his post then your reply got notified

hm

I did not "hump the button" or notify on anyone. I simply decided to get out of this thread. But rather than let people speculate as to my intent or actions, felt a response was needed.

Also-- I am not upset or angry. Just taking my own words about wasting time and realizing I was heading down that path yet again with RMA. The reply that he thought was "emotional" was meant to be funny and nothing more. You cannot make a rattlesnake laugh.

I stand by my original post on this matter-- the one that RMA quoted the first line of only -- as my opinion on how to deal with this type of buyer.

I clicked back on the thread to see what else was going on, but it was only new responses from Slym. lol (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

I had the same thought. lol

Sorry 'bout that... I was just catching up. If this board had a multi-quote function, I could respond to 20 posts in one response.

It does keep my post-count up, though...

giggle.gif

-slym

It's interesting that the Dude deleted his post then your reply got notified

hm

I did not "hump the button" or notify on anyone. I simply decided to get out of this thread. But rather than let people speculate as to my intent or actions, felt a response was needed.

Which is it? You decided to get out of this thread, or that a response was needed? It cannot be both.

I have more to say, but I will save it for the moderation threads, where these things can be discussed. I am not allowed to respond further, because: notify.

So anyone know

hail-hydra9181

Bought $120 worth of comics from me last week.. Hasn't paid and hasn't messaged me back

Any help would be awesome.. I guess I'm lucky cause this has never happened to me

Thanks

Doug

Yep, he paid in my case and I was good with it, as I told the poster who first brought up this guy is basically silent.

Even for a $1175 comic.

So a customer does you the great service of purchasing a very expensive comic and then you bad mouth him and publish his 'name' in a thread about buyers from eBay that are so bad they should be blocked?

+1, Buyer is under no obligation to correspond back to the seller. He paid and missing the mailman isn't a crime. As Andy Dufresne would say, you are being obtuse. Tried to figure out the outcome of Stumptown's warning about buyer but was unable to find thread. Anyone know?

Ebay ruled in my favor. I relisted and sold shortly thereafter to someone else who paid and was happy to receive.

Another low-life to put on your banned buyers lists: ttuck72.

Bought a $16.00 comic from me on April 16th through best offer. My fixed item listings state that payment is expected within 3 days of purchase (April 19th). I send multiple invoice reminders and he finally "pays" with an e-check on the 23rd. On the 27th Paypal sends me an e-mail stating his e-check for $18.95 was declined. :facepalm:

Paypal said in the same e-mail they would wait 3 business days to process the payment again (which would have been yesterday). Still no clearance of payment. :pullhair:

Do these clowns even get any kind of a neg from eBay? If they don't, they should.

Add Nick Hall makeadeal_1 to your list. Had a DD 1 CGC 1.5 listed with about 55 watchers. A new member with zero feedback sends an offer I'm willing to accept. Just to be sure I message him to make sure he can provide payment before I accept. His reply:

Thursday morning it's a gift so had to make a new eBay account trying to make it a suprise

Days go by and nothing. :pullhair: Can't stand people that waste others time. Is there a way to find out the other accounts this joker has?

dragonjab

Went back and forth negotiating over a book. I said "make it $200, and you have yourself a deal!"

They made an offer for $200.

I accepted.

Two hours later:

Hi, unfortunately I no longer need item. Instead of returning item could you please cancel transaction. eBay will not charge you any fees if you send me the cancellation link/message. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Then, later in the day:

Hi, sent you request for cancellation. I see your auction has two week refund policy but wanted to avoid the hassle of returning item. Thx, I appreciate it.

I did not reply to either message. Notice the subtle, implied threat: "if you make me pay for the item, and you send the item, I will return it, and you will be out the postage, too."

Today, received payment. I refunded, Paypal takes 30 cent non-negotiable transaction fee, and eBay takes the 30 listing fee, and refuses to protect me from either negative feedback or being stolen from.

The corruptness of eBay never, ever ceases to amaze me.

I recommend blocking dragonjab

Why didn't you just cancel to begin with and move on? What point did you end up proving there?

That people should honor their commitments...?

I know, crazy!

I didn't cancel because the buyer made a commitment to buy the item, and he/she was asking to be let out of that commitment with no cost. I wasn't about to do that, and would have filed a NPB case if it came to that.

It did not.

lol Have fun jousting your windmills

I do, and will. And if Dragonjab loses the opportunity to buy from a few people because of his/her game-playing...maybe he/she will think about it before doing it to someone else. That's obviously a very large "maybe", but who knows? You think that's "jousting a windmill"..? Sure, no problem. Knock yourself out.

What's your eBay user id?

lol Don't worry about it; you and I will never do business, on ebay, on here, anywhere.

And take a breath and let the Force flow through you; this is how it starts and then you get bounced out of here. Again.

What's your eBay user id?

lol Don't worry about it; you and I will never do business, on ebay, on here, anywhere.

Great! What's your eBay user id, so I can make it official? Mine's "Comic-Sutra", and you know my name here.

And take a breath and let the Force flow through you; this is how it starts and then you get bounced out of here. Again.

This is how what starts...? You mean, where someone (like yourself) makes provocative comments, doesn't like the responses, and then runs to the mods to deal with it? That....?

hm

So, you're not responsible for what you say, then...?

Don't misunderstand, I'm not offended...just asking questions to try and understand why you're offended at what I've said in response to your comments, and make such an issue out of it that you have to take such a below the belt shot like that.

Stay classy, bluehorseshoe.

Add decompositions52 a 0 feedbacker to the list, bought books, then wanted photos of the backs, which I provided,(fronts were scanned) plus a guarantee there were no torn or folded pages, which I provided. Then complained the photos were not high enough quality....really?

Finally, it was just easier to cancel the order than to deal with more emails.

Add decompositions52 a 0 feedbacker to the list, bought books, then wanted photos of the backs, which I provided,(fronts were scanned) plus a guarantee there were no torn or folded pages, which I provided. Then complained the photos were not high enough quality....really? Finally, it was just easier to cancel the order than to deal with more emails.

Highly block-worthy. Any chance you could copy-paste the requests? Not because I don't believe you, but because that person sounds so ridiculous it would be entertaining to read exactly how they worded those comments.

decompositions52

"Unless i get detaled pictures front and back of each issue, and a written guarantee that no pages are torn ,folded or defaced in any way im canceling my offer"

I provided the photos, and double checked for any of the above, sending this msg.

The front of each issue is in the ad, those are actual scans. I just went through and double checked, there are no torn pages, folded pages, defaced pages or cut coupons (you left that out) I am sending photos of the backs since it takes longer to scan. I sold a similar group last month, this is what the customer had to say.

"Outstanding in every way- Product, packaging, prompt delivery, communication"

These are exactly as stated, if anything they are higher grade than stated in the ad..

Thanks

decompositions52

"If im paying this much for these books i want better pictures"

Did you not look at my feedback? Here are some examples...

Accurate listing, speedy transaction, VERY well packaged = professional!!!!

Very securely packaged, freebies included, very fast. Outstanding transaction!

Item received as described. Great transaction. A++

Exactly as described, well packaged and fast shipping.

A++. Condition was better than I expected and shipping was fast. 11/10.

great price, would buy from seller all day if I could

Exactly what we were expecting. My son loves them :) Thanks so much :)

Not sure what else I can tell you...

Honestly, I almost did not accept your offer since you had 0 feedback, but I figured everyone was at 0 once upon a time, so you deserved a chance.

But if after all this, you still want to cancel, that is your choice.

Thanks,

decompositions52

"Im canceling this deal"

No worries, I cancelled it for you....also posting your name to the comic collectors society for blocked bidders.

decompositions52

"Big baby"

Eh? Big baby? A snappy comeback indeed for someone wasting my time...

decompositions52

"Unless i get detaled pictures front and back of each issue, and a written guarantee that no pages are torn ,folded or defaced in any way im canceling my offer"

I provided the photos, and double checked for any of the above, sending this msg.

The front of each issue is in the ad, those are actual scans. I just went through and double checked, there are no torn pages, folded pages, defaced pages or cut coupons (you left that out) I am sending photos of the backs since it takes longer to scan. I sold a similar group last month, this is what the customer had to say.

"Outstanding in every way- Product, packaging, prompt delivery, communication"

These are exactly as stated, if anything they are higher grade than stated in the ad..

Thanks

decompositions52

"If im paying this much for these books i want better pictures"

Did you not look at my feedback? Here are some examples...

Accurate listing, speedy transaction, VERY well packaged = professional!!!!

Very securely packaged, freebies included, very fast. Outstanding transaction!

Item received as described. Great transaction. A++

Exactly as described, well packaged and fast shipping.

A++. Condition was better than I expected and shipping was fast. 11/10.

great price, would buy from seller all day if I could

Exactly what we were expecting. My son loves them :) Thanks so much :)

Not sure what else I can tell you...

Honestly, I almost did not accept your offer since you had 0 feedback, but I figured everyone was at 0 once upon a time, so you deserved a chance.

But if after all this, you still want to cancel, that is your choice.

Thanks,

decompositions52

"Im canceling this deal"

No worries, I cancelled it for you....also posting your name to the comic collectors society for blocked bidders.

decompositions52

"Big baby"

Eh? Big baby? A snappy comeback indeed for someone wasting my time...

That guy earned as many blocks as there are people in this forum.