• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,559 posts in this topic

Here are the rare pocket version of Teen Age Diary Secrets. Teen Age Diary Secrets 7 and 9. It is believed that 9 was just a recover of left over stock from 7.

I'd like to believe some of these websites that say you can get a NM one at guide price of $125. If so, I'm up for buying more copies.

IMG_3701_zpsif41hzxw.jpg

Here are the rare pocket version of Teen Age Diary Secrets. Teen Age Diary Secrets 7 and 9. It is believed that 9 was just a recover of left over stock from 7.

I'd like to believe some of these websites that say you can get a NM one at guide price of $125. If so, I'm up for buying more copies.

IMG_3701_zpsif41hzxw.jpg

Nice! The 7 is tough and the 9 is really tough. Still looking for a copy of the 9.

Fourfold increase over three years

Do you genuinely believe that book has increased in value 4X since 2013?

Sounded to me like a prediction of the next three years, not a statement of the previous three years. The latter doesn't necessarily follow the former.

Hmmm hm So the last GPA on a CGC 6.0 CL 25 was $2188 almost 3 years ago to the day... and last night some lucky soul won a book of comparable grade (although raw for approx. $2100) ... so I guess we'll just have to wait and see when the next graded book comes to auction....

That book last night was a raw vg. It had a lot of edge chipping.

That book wasn't a VG. The chips were very minor, made to look larger by the close up pics.

Looked like a 5.0 to me. But very well presenting with nice gloss

Yes, I think it's the glossiest copy I've seen, But CGC seems to be hammering cover tanning these days and, combined with the book's other defects, I think 5.0 is probably a ceiling. It may end up as one of those books that in a 4.0 slab makes us all say "Presents really nicely for the grade."

Remembered the grading debate on this book. Ended up getting a 5.5.

Fourfold increase over three years

Do you genuinely believe that book has increased in value 4X since 2013?

Sounded to me like a prediction of the next three years, not a statement of the previous three years. The latter doesn't necessarily follow the former.

Hmmm hm So the last GPA on a CGC 6.0 CL 25 was $2188 almost 3 years ago to the day... and last night some lucky soul won a book of comparable grade (although raw for approx. $2100) ... so I guess we'll just have to wait and see when the next graded book comes to auction....

That book last night was a raw vg. It had a lot of edge chipping.

That book wasn't a VG. The chips were very minor, made to look larger by the close up pics.

Looked like a 5.0 to me. But very well presenting with nice gloss

Yes, I think it's the glossiest copy I've seen, But CGC seems to be hammering cover tanning these days and, combined with the book's other defects, I think 5.0 is probably a ceiling. It may end up as one of those books that in a 4.0 slab makes us all say "Presents really nicely for the grade."

Remembered the grading debate on this book. Ended up getting a 5.5.

It's for sale in the marketplace at what seems like a reasonable price.

Kudos to both Maxwell and October for their correct appraisal of the book. And it is a reasonable price, given the risk that Maxwell took on and where the market is at.

My hope is that these two gents will find common ground and that this beautiful book will stay in the family, where it belongs!

Kudos to both Maxwell and October for their correct appraisal of the book. And it is a reasonable price, given the risk that Maxwell took on and where the market is at.

My hope is that these two gents will find common ground and that this beautiful book will stay in the family, where it belongs!

Thanks Doc!! I paid 2108.00 plus the shipping costs - I then had it cleaned with a light press to remove the spine roll and graded. As we all understand there are the attendant costs to the grading fees and shipping to and from Sarasota - unfortunately my addiction has created the need for me to re-prioritize certain things and I prefer to remain married than own a few recent purchases... I believe the price to be fair.

Thanks Doc!! I paid 2108.00 plus the shipping costs - I then had it cleaned with a light press to remove the spine roll and graded. As we all understand there are the attendant costs to the grading fees and shipping to and from Sarasota - unfortunately my addiction has created the need for me to re-prioritize certain things and I prefer to remain married than own a few recent purchases... I believe the price to be fair.

The price certainly seems fair to me, but the boards aren't always the best place to receive FMV for a book.

The price certainly seems fair to me, but the boards aren't always the best place to receive FMV for a book.

True. I pm'd a few boardies and figured I'd offer it here at what I've got into it...I can also wait it out....maybe something else will work where I don't need to sell....

True. I pm'd a few boardies and figured I'd offer it here at what I've got into it...I can also wait it out....maybe something else will work where I don't need to sell....

Oh, yeah- if you can sell anything else... or do anything else... I'd recommend hanging on to that book. It'll only be a matter of, I'm guessing, less than ten years before this copy reaches the five figures potential. Anyone doubt it? Meet me back here on May 4th, 2026...

Oh, yeah- if you can sell anything else... or do anything else... I'd recommend hanging on to that book. It'll only be a matter of, I'm guessing, less than ten years before this copy reaches the five figures potential. Anyone doubt it? Meet me back here on May 4th, 2026...

I find it odd that GCE 12 rather CL 25 seems to be the Baker grail. For me, there's no comparison; CL 25 is just a much more desirable book.

GCE 12 has more cross-over appeal I guess.

I find it odd that GCE 12 rather CL 25 seems to be the Baker grail. For me, there's no comparison; CL 25 is just a much more desirable book.

What are GCE 12's going for nowadays? I know most are lower grades.

Only recent sale on GPA is a 4.0 in 2014 for $1,950. There was a CLink sale (not recorded on GPA) of a 7.0 that went for $9.300 in 2013.

I would take the GCE 12 over the CL 25 any day...

but maybe that's just me... I've only recently started to appreciate the CL 25 for how good it is... but it does seem to be more common or is that just my limited experience?

Edited by TorontoDesignGuy

I would take the GCE 12 over the CL 25 any day...

but maybe that's just me... I've only recently started to appreciate the CL 25 for how good it is... but it does seem to be more common or is that just my limited experience?

I wouldn't call CL 25 scarce. It's much easier to find than GCE 12, which is genuinely scarce. There still aren't nearly enough copies of CL 25 to go around, to every collector that wants one.

Only recent sale on GPA is a 4.0 in 2014 for $1,950. There was a CLink sale (not recorded on GPA) of a 7.0 that went for $9.300 in 2013.

I guess one hasn't popped up for sale in a couple years. Interesting. The ComicConnect GCE12 was actually a very nice copy. It seems like a great price for this one. Presented really well.

Edited by JvR11

I guess one hasn't popped up for sale in a couple years. Interesting. The ComicConnect GCE12 was actually a very nice copy. It seems like a great price for this one. Presented really well.

I found another GCE 12 sale of a 4.0 on eBay in 2013 for $2,577. So, unless I'm forgetting one, it does look as though it's been a while since a copy has been for sale, at least publicly.