• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

has anyone tried calling the phone number yet?

We've got cases and mess so leave a message.

Willing to bet this is an onset phone that they may answer in between takes.

I remember Scrubs did that when Turk got a new phone and said the number in the show. If you called it, any of the cast may answer and talk to you for a bit.

We need to keep checking that number periodically.

Marvel's JESSICA JONES Wins Peabody Award

Marvel’s Jessica Jones has been honored as one of 11 works chosen to receive a Peabody Award for Entertainment and Children’s Programming.

Here’s the official statement from the Peabody Awards Board of Jurors:

"This one part superhero saga, one part neo-noir program asks unpopular questions about power and consent, while constructing vivid and compelling characters. Krysten Ritter helps us to discover the strengths and vulnerability of Jessica, a hard-boiled private detective who has rejected the role of superhero but must still figure out how to overcome the evil that threatens her, her friends and her community."

Jessica Jones is in good company. The other 10 honorees include Beasts of No Nation, black-ish, Deutschland 83, Master of None, MR. ROBOT, The Leftovers, Transparent, UnREAL, Wolf Hall, and Katie Morag.

:applause:

Though under the category of 'Children's Programming'?

Peabody Award for Entertainment and Children’s Programming

- Entertainment - Regularly scheduled and/or special programs characterized by excellence in the presentation of drama, comedy, music, the performing arts, variety, sports, etc. [see note below: “How Many Episodes to Submit.”]

- Children’s Programming - Series and special programs or projects primarily intended for an audience of children (2-11) or youth (12-17).

So it is the youth part of 'Children's Programming' for Jessica Jones.

Peabody Award for Entertainment and Children’s Programming

- Entertainment - Regularly scheduled and/or special programs characterized by excellence in the presentation of drama, comedy, music, the performing arts, variety, sports, etc. [see note below: “How Many Episodes to Submit.”]

- Children’s Programming - Series and special programs or projects primarily intended for an audience of children (2-11) or youth (12-17).

So it is the youth part of 'Children's Programming' for Jessica Jones.

I'm not sure I'd let my 12 year old watch Jessica Jones. Maybe the 15 and 16 year olds. Lots of heavy stuff there.

Krysten Ritter calls 'Jessica Jones' her dream role

"This was always meant to be this dark, gritty, grounded psychological character study," she told the audience at a screening and panel discussion in Hollywood on Tuesday.

"So at that point I'm like 'Where do I sign? Give it to me.' And then Jeph [Loeb, executive producer] locked me in a room and took away my cell phone and I read the -script and every page just got better."

"It was like everything I'd always dreamed to do, from walking around looking cool to doing these cool action sequences to having this really vulnerable, heavy dramatic work," she said.

Krysten Ritter Reveals That JESSICA JONES Season 2 And THE DEFENDERS Will Shoot Back To Back

"They'll be back-to-back. I don't know if they'll overlap a little bit," the actress explained. "It's about to be a serious undertaking. I'm starting my physical training - lots of weight training and boxing." As for whether or not we'll see the character return in Luke Cage given her history with Power Man, Ritter added: "Marvel have this grand plan. Luke Cage will come out, then Iron Fist. In terms of scheduling I don't know how it will all come out and I can't even tell you if I've filmed Luke Cage. But I'm excited for Mike to have his own show. I know the tone of that show is going to be very different. We couldn't expose a lot of Luke's back story because he was getting his own show, so we explored him through Jessica's point of view. I think that helped give him mystery and tees up his show."

As for what we should expect when Jessica Jones finally returns in her own solo series, Ritter promised that the show will touch on many of the first season's open plot threads. "I'm excited to see what happens next for Jessica, and the end of season one left a lot of doors open and questions unanswered. Kilgrave was her reason for getting up every morning. Saving people gave her purpose. I wonder how emotionally taxed she's going to be now. That opens a lot of doors as to who will come out and play. We all live in the same universe, so there are endless possibilities.

When host Stephen Colbert brought up the Iron Man 3 controversy on The Late Show (via EW), Ritter expressed shock at the news. “Girls can sell toys!” she exclaimed. Colbert then asked if there were any Jessica Jones toys, to which she responded that if not, there should be:

“I don’t know if there is yet but there should be and I bet it would sell huge and I’m going to make some phone calls after this.”

Colbert then addressed the audience and told them to “Go out there and just demand your Jessica Jones toys. Just go to the toy store right now and ask for one.” Ritter also offered a DIY alternative to tide fans over in the meantime:

“Just get a Barbie and put on some cool jeans with rips and boots and a motorcycle jacket and there you go.”

Krysten Ritter On Contributing To The New Wave Of Female Heroes With JESSICA JONES

tumblr_o9gm0t6bJX1rov369o1_1280.jpg

Speaking to espnW, Ritter touched on just how far portrayals of female superheroes in the live-action medium have advanced.

"I’ve felt a responsibility in a lot of ways to carry this show and do this character justice. Like I said, I hadn’t seen a character like this portrayed before and I wanted to do it justice so that more will follow. They haven’t really made a lot of female superhero movies, and they’re always quoting the failures of Elektra and Catwoman, two movies from forever ago. I’ve never seen Elektra or Catwoman but I would just hear about [them] a lot when originally prepping for the show. People would talk about no one watching female superhero movies, because of these two, and those movies are very old. We haven’t tried. We haven’t tried enough to say that female superhero movies haven’t worked. Supergirl came out this year and also Jessica Jones. People are eating it up, and obviously there’s an appetite for it."

Did anyone else find Jessica Jones a little boring?

Almost like they are trying to stretch out a thin story?

I'm about halfway through and feel this way.

Maybe DD was more acceptable because I kind of knew where they were going with it?

So far not very impressed with JJ, although I do find Kilgrave creepy as heck.

Maybe DD was more acceptable because I kind of knew where they were going with it?

Totally agree. They didn't even give her a 2nd season this year, which pretty much says it all. The best part of JJ was Luke Cage IMO. Can't wait to see season 1.

Couldn't agree more. If it wasn't for me loving Kilgrave I would have given up after the first few episodes.

Totally agree. They didn't even give her a 2nd season this year, which pretty much says it all. The best part of JJ was Luke Cage IMO. Can't wait to see season 1.

They didn't give DD a 3rd season next year either. 2nd & 3rd seasons are all on hold until they take care of the Defenders set-up and execution because they had already pushed Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders back to add a 2nd season of DD. But a 2nd season of JJ is already announced, as well as a 3rd season of DD. I don't think the timing of a season 2 is indicative of their opinion on the quality or the audiences reaction, since it DID get a season 2. But just that Marvel wants to get to Defenders & doesn't want to push it off another 6 months, since they appear dead-set on sticking with the 2-series-per-year release model for the time being.

They didn't give DD a 3rd season next year either. 2nd & 3rd seasons are all on hold until they take care of the Defenders set-up and execution because they had already pushed Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders back to add a 2nd season of DD. But a 2nd season of JJ is already announced, as well as a 3rd season of DD. I don't think the timing of a season 2 is indicative of their opinion on the quality or the audiences reaction, since it DID get a season 2. But just that Marvel wants to get to Defenders & doesn't want to push it off another 6 months, since they appear dead-set on sticking with the 2-series-per-year release model for the time being.

Next year I thought we're suppose to get Punisher, Iron Fist, Defenders, JJ 2 & DD3!!! You're saying 3 (Punisher, JJ 2 & DD3) of those 5 will be pushed till 2018?

Yes. Marvel & Netflix, according to everything they've said publicly, at least up thru Defenders, are going to be sticking with their current 2-per-year release schedule. Defenders is likely late 2017 & Iron Fist early 2017. Now, that might change after Defenders, but from everything they've said in interviews (both Loeb and the spokespeople from Netflix) is that they have no intention of going beyond 2-per-year thru 2017.

Now, that of course might change.

And it's pretty obvious that phase 2 of the Marvel Knights/Defenders/Neftlix stuff is GOING to require an accelerated release schedule to satisfy the actors (they don't wanna sit around and doing nothing while they wait for THEIR series to get back into production) especially since they've expanded the line with Punisher, likely going to expand it to Moon Knight and/or Daughters of the Dragon (depending on the reception of Misty and Colleen in Luke Cage & Iron Fist, respectively) and probably going to need to start merging currently-solo series into team-up series (Luke/Danny/JJ in a Heroes for Hire show most likely) otherwise, there's going to be too much of a gap between seasons & they might lose their momentum as they expand.

But as of now, yes... 2 or 3 of those series are definitely not until 2018.

Yes. Marvel & Netflix, according to everything they've said publicly, at least up thru Defenders, are going to be sticking with their current 2-per-year release schedule. Defenders is likely late 2017 & Iron Fist early 2017. Now, that might change after Defenders, but from everything they've said in interviews (both Loeb and the spokespeople from Netflix) is that they have no intention of going beyond 2-per-year thru 2017.

Now, that of course might change.

And it's pretty obvious that phase 2 of the Marvel Knights/Defenders/Neftlix stuff is GOING to require an accelerated release schedule to satisfy the actors (they don't wanna sit around and doing nothing while they wait for THEIR series to get back into production) especially since they've expanded the line with Punisher, likely going to expand it to Moon Knight and/or Daughters of the Dragon (depending on the reception of Misty and Colleen in Luke Cage & Iron Fist, respectively) and probably going to need to start merging currently-solo series into team-up series (Luke/Danny/JJ in a Heroes for Hire show most likely) otherwise, there's going to be too much of a gap between seasons & they might lose their momentum as they expand.

But as of now, yes... 2 or 3 of those series are definitely not until 2018.

That really sucks. I was hoping to see DD 3 next year. The fact that they're only having an 8 episode Defenders season 1 & skipping over most of the other series next seasons isn't very comforting. Sure, they could merge JJ, LK & IF into a Hero for Hire series to make things run more smoothly but pushing DD & Punisher back is really disappointing.