• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,769 posts in this topic

PPSM #64 was a hot item at the Calgary Expo this weekend. I sold all five copies I decided to put out without any trouble.

Other sales of interest (prices in $CDN = ~1.25 $USD price):

New Mutants #1 CGC 9.6 sold within 15 mins of me putting it out. I was worried I wasted a space in the box bringing it but it went fast.

UXM #266 CGC 9.6 at $250 CDN (this is the third copy I have sold at that price this spring - I guess I need a few more now). I had another dealer tell me that he gets $400 raw for HG copies down East, and then offer me $200 for my 9.6 in the next breath. lol

Raw ASM #361s were moving for $80 and then 100 at our booth. and I sold two copies with issues that were 6.0 and 7.5 for $50 apiece. I also moved a slabbed 9.4 for $100 and then a 9.6 at $150. Other dealers were reportedly selling raw VF or better copies for up to $150.

Killing Joke #1s were selling for $150.

So Killing Joke #1 in CDN 150 = $120 USD?

Same with VF copies of ASM #361?

Wow. Canada is truly a land of opportunity.

We had other dealers buying the ASM 361s and Killing Joke 1s from us, marking them up to $150, and then flipping the books. My two mid grade ASM 361s for $100 were scooped up by one of them. One of them had a corner fold/crease on the back cover that he likely did not disclose.

We had other dealers buying the ASM 361s and Killing Joke 1s from us, marking them up to $150, and then flipping the books. My two mid grade ASM 361s for $100 were scooped up by one of them. One of them had a corner fold/crease on the back cover that he likely did not disclose.

So, what price are you buying at? hm

In USD... hm

In USD... hm

As low as possible. :grin:

Crystar 8 is the source for Danzig's skull, I didn't know it had a first appearance. hm

1st skull of danzig origin retold?

I have no frigging idea. I never read the series. But #8 seems to sell on its own for a chunklette, which explains the whole series selling for a decent price.

You Canadians are cray cray! Are they expecting gas to go back up to $5 a gallon?

Was that Killing Joke 1st or 8th printing (scarce) for $150 Cdn that sold? Pretty common book (1st print) in Vancouver.

Gas in Vancouver is about $1 US/litre or $4 US/gallon this week.

Whoa! That's some hardcore dealer on dealer action!

Do you know if the other dealer was able to resell those books?

Whoa! That's some hardcore dealer on dealer action!

Do you know if the other dealer was able to resell those books?

Sadly, yes with the Killing Joke and at least one ASM #361.

The same dealer for my ASM #361s said he is getting $400 CDN for high grade raw UXM #266s, then offered me $200 for my CGC 9.6 copy in the next breath. lol

Was that Killing Joke 1st or 8th printing (scarce) for $150 Cdn that sold? Pretty common book (1st print) in Vancouver.

They were 1st prints.

They were 1st prints.

Wow - let me know if you need anymore ASM 361s in higher grade. I'll sell mine for $60 US and you can make a killing flipping them.

They were 1st prints.

Wow - let me know if you need anymore ASM 361s in higher grade. I'll sell mine for $60 US and you can make a killing flipping them.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9325899#Post9325899

They were 1st prints.

Yeah. I passed on a group of near mint copies at $40 apiece like four days ago.

Not sure who would be paying $100+ when they are readily available on eBay for half of that. Pretty weird.

They were 1st prints.

Not sure who would be paying $100+ when they are readily available on eBay for half of that. Pretty weird.

Cuz they are Canadians :gossip:

I'm talking about in the U.S., where your exports would likely be purchased. your gas prices are mostly taxes. our's less so, except in california and a bit in NY.

They were 1st prints.

ASM 361 is a strange book up here. It sells well for a couple of years, stagnates for a year, then takes off again. Two and three years ago we could not keep copies on the tables or walls at $80, last year it was dead, and this year it is hot again.

They were 1st prints.

ASM 361 is a strange book up here. It sells well for a couple of years, stagnates for a year, then takes off again. Two and three years ago we could not keep copies on the tables or walls at $80, last year it was dead, and this year it is hot again.

I agree. I don't track it regularly, but everytime I come across it the price surprises me no matter what.