• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

So, how old is Madame Masque when she hooks up with Tony Stark? :eek:

I know everyone keeps thinking that the Whitney Frost on the show was Madame Masque but if we're going based on the comics... I've always been pretty certain she is not. In fact, the most likely scenario is that the woman in the show is her mother, also named Whitney.

Whitney Frost in the comics is the daughter of a mob boss... and it seems likely that if the Whitney Frost on Agent Carter were to have a daughter it would be with the mob guy who was in love with her.

That would make a lot more sense, wouldn't it?

So, how old is Madame Masque when she hooks up with Tony Stark? :eek:

I know everyone keeps thinking that the Whitney Frost on the show was Madame Masque but if we're going based on the comics... I've always been pretty certain she is not. In fact, the most likely scenario is that the woman in the show is her mother, also named Whitney.

Whitney Frost in the comics is the daughter of a mob boss... and it seems likely that if the Whitney Frost on Agent Carter were to have a daughter it would be with the mob guy who was in love with her.

If this Whitney Frost is Whitney Frost's mother, does Whitney Frost's mother appear in the comics? As Whitney Frost or her mother? If you catch my drift...

I enjoyed the first season of this show, but found the second season tedious. It could have easily been condensed into 8 episodes again and nothing would be missed.

I also didn't think Whitney and Jason were the best actors and they took up sooooo much screen time.

I'm not gonna shed a tear if it's not renewed for a 3rd season.

This sums it up for me. 10 episodes to explain a straight-forward, central story with few subplots -- quite the opposite from season one -- was too long. Multiple threats could have been covered instead. The weak writing aside, the production quality and acting are excellent. I hope in season three the producers get a more creative writing team that leverages the massive amount of Timely/Atlas/Marvel material that is out there to get viewers realizing we are watching origins of the Marvel Universe. There is more to it than Howard Stark or giving us a passing glimpse of a proto-type hover-car. I think this season in the first or second episode, we saw a reference to Two-Gun Kid. Not much more.

I enjoyed the first season of this show, but found the second season tedious. It could have easily been condensed into 8 episodes again and nothing would be missed.

I also didn't think Whitney and Jason were the best actors and they took up sooooo much screen time.

I'm not gonna shed a tear if it's not renewed for a 3rd season.

This sums it up for me. 10 episodes to explain a straight-forward, central story with few subplots -- quite the opposite from season one -- was too long. Multiple threats could have been covered instead. The weak writing aside, the production quality and acting are excellent. I hope in season three the producers get a more creative writing team that leverages the massive amount of Timely/Atlas/Marvel material that is out there to get viewers realizing we are watching origins of the Marvel Universe. There is more to it than Howard Stark or giving us a passing glimpse of a proto-type hover-car. I think this season in the first or second episode, we saw a reference to Two-Gun Kid. Not much more.

I thought it was me. I was a fan of Season One. This season, with all the shows going on around the same time, I made it as far as Episode 2 and then decided to wait. I'll be watching it during season breaks to catch up.

Isn't she Count Nefaria's daughter?

Isn't she Count Nefaria's daughter?

You're absolutely correct, but he was leader of the Maggia... which is a mob-like organization. I'm just trying to squeeze a round peg into a square hole.

I think (and someone can double check this, I'm being lazy) that in the comics we never know who her mother is... she was given to the Frost family by Nefaria when she was a baby to be raised by them.

All of this just adds to what I was saying earlier... this show has one hand tied behind it's back because they're telling stories during that time in Marvel history where there ISN'T much history. So they have to be careful and creative. So since we never knew who Whitney Frost's mother was in the comics? If this indeed was her mother... it was a smart way to go.

:(

‘Agent Carter’ Season 3 Looking Unlikely

While Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is humming along through its third season and been renewed for a fourth season, matters look dire for Agent Carter. While the showrunners hoped that transplanting the action to Hollywood would help revitalize the show in its second season, it never really gained traction with a large enough audience. While ABC hasn’t officially called off plans for a third season, THR reports that the show’s return is “highly unlikely”. If it does survive the chopping block, star Hayley Atwell plans to juggle it with her other show, Conviction, which is considered likely to score a pickup to series.

Hayley is in a pilot for a series that has a pretty good chance of getting picked up. She would have had time to do both series due to the scheduling of Agent Carter, but it's unlikely she'll have time to do spots on other shows more than a guest appearance during regular shooting schedule.

Just finished the second season - it was good and I enjoy the actors/characters but there was nothing in the central plot that really made you want to come back for more - and they didn't even try to give an explanation for the dark matter.

Such a shame really as it had great promise.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agent-carter-canceled-at-abc-893499

'Agent Carter' Canceled at ABC Officially

It's the end of the road for TV's Peggy Carter.

ABC has canceled Marvel drama Agent Carter after two seasons, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The second of Marvel's ABC dramas, while a critical favorite, was never a ratings breakthrough. The Hayley Atwell starrer earned a surprise second season renewal and returned as a "gap" show under former ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee.

Despite heaps of praise from critics, Carter finished its limited run with a 1.4 rating among adults under 50 and 4.3 million total viewers with DVR — both a far cry from Agents of SHIELD. Compounding that, ABC is spinning off popular Agents of SHIELD favorites Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood for Marvel's Most Wanted, a more natural extension of the already renewed flagship series.

For her part, Atwell already booked the lead (in first position) in buzzy ABC procedural Conviction, which has been looking good for a series order

Marvel's Most Wanted is dead too. ABC went on a rampage tonight, killed one of the shows ive been working on too, The Family.

Castle is gone too. Stana Katic's contract was not renewed as a cost-cutting move, then things fell apart. I read somewhere that Katic recently signed with Agents of SHIELD for next season. This has nothing to do with Agent Carter of course. I enjoyed the show and will miss it.

CiS84nCXAAAyPMZ.jpg

Not going to happen - ABC just placed a series order for Conviction which stars Hailey Atwell, so she couldn't do Agent Carter even if she wanted to.

If it's a Netflix production then the time factor is opened and may facilitate her schedule.

Going to miss this series, Hailey just bring such a fun aspect to the Marvel Universe. I like her portrayal of Agent Carter better than almost any other character we have seen on screen. Guess the funeral in CW was a hint of what was coming. I may try the new series just because she is in it.