• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

Wan is currently wrapping up his efforts on The Conjuring 2, which Wan is very excited to share, saying, "I believe in the story, I believe in the world, I believe in the characters," and adding that he is very much looking forward to expanding that world. However, after the sequel, he'll have to dive into the massive production of a super hero film which is slated for 2018.

"It's still early process," Wan says of Aquaman. "It's very important for me that I can put my stamp on it. If I can do that, I feel it will be pretty damn awesome."

I was really disappointed with the preview of Aquaman in DoJ. It just felt like they didn't know what to do with him. He just kinda swam there long enough to figure out he was Aquamanning, then camera static..... (shrug)

Flash on the other hand looked friggin awesome in that preview.

Umm...I read some of the early articles too. I've been waiting for some confirmation this is the case. So far, it is the same rumor being circulated.

Does James Wan Want Out Of Aquaman? Here's What We Know

Now Birth. Movies. Death’s Devin Faraci has sources that tell him this may just be the first director looking to drop out, and that James Wan, director of Aquaman, may be next.

According to multiple, reliable sources James Wan is feeling a tremendous amount of trepidation about Aquaman. With The Conjuring 2 and Lights Out (which he produced), Wan will be owning WB's summer slate, bringing in a lot of money with movies that cost a fraction of Aquaman. Aquaman needs Wan, and right now Wan is trying to decide if he needs that hassle.

As the report further points out, James Wan only recently began directing big budget blockbusters like Fast 7, and he usually delivers high-performance films that work on a micro-budget like The Conjuring. Thus, he really doesn't have anything to lose if he drops out of Aquaman and he has plenty of other projects to work with.

It sounds like this would be his next early big-budget movie, but with some of the response to Batman v Superman it is going to force film delivery to a level to overcome any perceptions from the early appearance.

Guess we will find out soon enough one way or the other.

Umm...I read some of the early articles too. I've been waiting for some confirmation this is the case. So far, it is the same rumor being circulated.

Does James Wan Want Out Of Aquaman? Here's What We Know

Now Birth. Movies. Death’s Devin Faraci has sources that tell him this may just be the first director looking to drop out, and that James Wan, director of Aquaman, may be next.

According to multiple, reliable sources James Wan is feeling a tremendous amount of trepidation about Aquaman. With The Conjuring 2 and Lights Out (which he produced), Wan will be owning WB's summer slate, bringing in a lot of money with movies that cost a fraction of Aquaman. Aquaman needs Wan, and right now Wan is trying to decide if he needs that hassle.

As the report further points out, James Wan only recently began directing big budget blockbusters like Fast 7, and he usually delivers high-performance films that work on a micro-budget like The Conjuring. Thus, he really doesn't have anything to lose if he drops out of Aquaman and he has plenty of other projects to work with.

It sounds like this would be his next early big-budget movie, but with some of the response to Batman v Superman it is going to force film delivery to a level to overcome any perceptions from the early appearance.

Guess we will find out soon enough one way or the other.

like i'll belive anything that Devin Faraci would say. we are talking about a guy that has been so wrong lately about superheros movies. at this point i think all he says is nothing but lies until is confirm to be true said SS is going back to get more humor into the movie that turn out to be BS. Wan has been talking about Aquaman lately like Ayer was when he started to work on SS.

like i'll belive anything that Devin Faraci would say. we are talking about a guy that has been so wrong lately about superheros movies. at this point i think all he says is nothing but lies until is confirm to be true said SS is going back to get more humor into the movie that turn out to be BS. Wan has been talking about Aquaman lately like Ayer was when he started to work on SS.

:whistle:

Here's James Wan's Subtle Response To Rumors That He May Be Leaving AQUAMAN

fPStY2S.png

h9MzSSl.png

Umm...

(:

James Wan Is Ready To Defy Pre-Conceived Notions Of AQUAMAN

For many who are unfamiliar with the hero, however, he is often seen as laughable upon first glance, with his name and ability to communicate with sea life often being mocked by those without prior knowledge of the character's stories or history. This subject was recently explored in the New 52 comics reboot of the character, in which writer Geoff Johns made a deliberate effort to reinvigorate the character with the readers who may have considered th character a walking joke. Director James Wan hopes to bring this same sensibility when he brings the character to the big screen in 2018.

In an interview with CBR News, Wan cited Johns' work as an inspiration, and seemed very excited to be a part of subverting Aquaman's status as a punchline while doing something that's never really been seen before in the superhero movie sector. "I'm a big fan of what Geoff Johns did with his new take on 'Aquaman,' with the New 52. I think for the first time, we get to see Aquaman as a superhero that definitely isn't the butt of superhero jokes, right? I think that there's something very exciting about that. I actually do think there's something kind of fun, as well, to take a character where people don't quite know what to expect from him, or rather the expectation of him is quite low. I always say, it's very difficult when you're tackling something like 'Spider-Man' or 'Batman' that has been done so many times before. Whereas, it's actually really refreshing to take on something like 'Aquaman,' that no one has really seen before in this context, and make it your own."

Of course, much of Aquaman is expected to be set deep in the ocean, which presents a major challenege when filming. When asked how prepared he was for the task of shooting on or under water, Wan was humourously dour. "I will answer that with this little anecdote from The Conjuring 2. We have a sequence in the movie where the set is flooded, it's waterlogged, and there's a lot of rain in this movie. Every time I'm out in the rain, and I'm in this sunken, flooded set, the only thing that's going through my brain is, ', I have to put up with this for an entire movie. This is going to suck.' I'll leave it at that -- how's that?"

Is Amber Heard's Role As Mera In JUSTICE LEAGUE Now In Jeopardy?

According to TMZ, Amber Heard was supposed to head to London this week for her costume fitting as Mera in Zack Snyder's Justice League. However, the site claims that the actress (who used the fitting as a reason for being unable to attend a deposition in the domestic violence case against Johnny Depp) was told not to come because producers don't think she's currently "camera ready" for the role.

What does that mean? Well, Heard has reportedly lost 20 pounds due to the stress of this ongoing legal battle, and it seems she's now skinny for the role, hence why the costume test was cancelled (the site has some photos of Heard, and she definitely looks like a far cry from her normal self). Taking all of this into account, it's hard not to wonder whether Warner Bros. is going to end up recasting Mera, though the site does go on to mention the fitting has been rescheduled, so don't panic just yet.

8102948c3143f6209a82deffc4908e69.jpg

Is Amber Heard's Role As Mera In JUSTICE LEAGUE Now In Jeopardy?

According to TMZ, Amber Heard was supposed to head to London this week for her costume fitting as Mera in Zack Snyder's Justice League. However, the site claims that the actress (who used the fitting as a reason for being unable to attend a deposition in the domestic violence case against Johnny Depp) was told not to come because producers don't think she's currently "camera ready" for the role.

What does that mean? Well, Heard has reportedly lost 20 pounds due to the stress of this ongoing legal battle, and it seems she's now skinny for the role, hence why the costume test was cancelled (the site has some photos of Heard, and she definitely looks like a far cry from her normal self). Taking all of this into account, it's hard not to wonder whether Warner Bros. is going to end up recasting Mera, though the site does go on to mention the fitting has been rescheduled, so don't panic just yet.

8102948c3143f6209a82deffc4908e69.jpg

It must be Depp throwing a monkey wrench in for spite. You've gotta imagine he knows someone that knows someone that could make that move.

I think it's pretty crazy a broad can be married for a year and think that entitles her to half the fortune someone else made. It's also pretty stupid that Depp didn't get a prenup...someone should schedule a psychiatrist visit for him.

GAME OF THRONES' Kristofer Hivju Joins JUSTICE LEAGUE As Ancient Atlantean King

According to IGN, Game of Thrones' Kristofer Hivju has joined the cast of Justice League as an ancient Atlantean king. Various reports revealed that the Atlanteans and Amazonians each took ownership of one of three Mother Boxes when they were sent to Earth, and it looks like Kristofer Hivju will be seen as the Atlantean king that will come into possession of one of those Mother Boxes. Other reports from Collider indicate that history of the three Mother Boxes will be explained in detail during the film, and Zeus will also play a role in that history.

What's not to love?

tumblr_o7n2eysSfD1r00543o3_r1_500.gif

Dang!

GAME OF THRONES Actor Kristofer Hivju Is Not In JUSTICE LEAGUE

As part of their set report yesterday, IGN revealed that the fan-favorite Game of Thrones actor had signed on to portray an ancient Atlantean king, with ties to one of the three Mother Boxes, in the Zack Snyder-directed film, however, they've since retracted the report after being contacted by the studio.

The mix-up seems to have occurred because of some concept art that was spotted on-set featuring Hivju's face or at least someone that looked a lot like him, which led to a handful of attendees to assume that Hivju had joined the cast.

Still, it could be something in negotiations and they jumped the gun leaving that concept art out.

Deborah Snyder On Why Jason Momoa Is "Perfect" For AQUAMAN

Despite the lack of physical resemblance, Momoa still made waves when he appeared briefly in Batman v Superman this March, and the film's producers seem to be fully supportive of the actor. The Tumblr fan account DC Films recently posted a few behind-the-scenes images of Momoa (presumably from the special features of Batman v Superman). The shots were accompanied by a statement from Justice League producer Deborah Snyder. "Jason is a physical presence. He's enormous. Kind of scary, but at the same time he's warm and loving. And we felt like these were the characteristics Aquaman needed to have."

"When Zack came to me, when I got a call in the room, I can't even tell you... I wish there was a camera rolling 'cause the last thing I expected him to say was Aquaman." The actor then went on to say that the aquatic origin of the character meant a lot to him, given his Hawaiian background. "And when I thought about it, that's a genius idea because my people are Kanaloa, Tagaloa and Maui. All these water gods. You get to respect all of that and you're like 'man, absolutely, he would be of that descent.' He's human and he's a god. I mean he's both. I want to see him struggle with the fact that he has these powers and he doesn't know how to handle them because he hasn't been trained."