• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

The highest price ever paid for a restored copy was $64k for the 9.0 SP Church copy in Feb 2004.

The highest graded restored copy sold was a MP 9.4 that sold for $26k in Nov 2010.

I have no idea what an EP 9.4 copy would sell for now. Maybe $125k (if it wasn't an igb re-re-creation)? (shrug)

-J.

You believe an EP restored Cap 1 could get 125K?

I don't have the time to go back through the threads, but aren't you the guy who said the recently found poor condition Action 1 wasn't worth 50K?

Even if that book was given the most expensive resto ever performed that would mean you value a restored Cap 1 about 70K more than an equivalent Action 1.

A restored book generally 'should' sell for roughly what it would have been worth pre resto, give or take for a little bidding frenzy, adding a little for eye appeal, possibly a little to compensate for the work done, etc.

That's why all restored books are not the same.

Belongs to Roy. Was offered here on the boardas before moving to ebay. Sure knightsofold saw it.

Is he actively looking for an interior or happy to just have the cover (which is in great condition!)? hm

If he's looking to eventually put together a complete copy, this certainly would get him well down the path.

Belongs to Roy. Was offered here on the boards before moving to ebay. Sure knightsofold saw it.

There was a previous post from knightsofold about the interior, I guess then he wasn't really looking. Dunno about now, but just wanted to give him the heads up. I think the seller is also a boardie maybe?

Will Cap 1 be the top Marvel book after Friday? Yes? No? It is already? It should have been post 1970 anyway ?

I thought that Cap 1 had already overtaken Marvel Comics 1 as the top Marvel book. (shrug)

Edited by kinzebac

Belongs to Roy. Was offered here on the boardas before moving to ebay. Sure knightsofold saw it.

Is he actively looking for an interior or happy to just have the cover (which is in great condition!)? hm

If he's looking to eventually put together a complete copy, this certainly would get him well down the path.

We've talked about it (and to me personally, it's a 'no-brainer') but I think part of the problem is that people don't feel comfotable assigning value to pieces, which is fair. Not everyone understands the market.

My interior was previously sold but the original buyer traded it into another, better book (there was no buyer regret), so I've since relisted it and raised the price on it. I've already had offers for more than it sold a month ago I really think that someone will cherish it. Just needs to go to the right person.

Will Cap 1 be the top Marvel book after Friday? Yes? No? It is already? It should have been post 1970 anyway ?

I thought that Cap 1 had already overtaken Marvel Comics 1 as the top Marvel book. (shrug)

some time ago, imo

I feel very lucky to have purchased this a couple of years ago- by far my most expensive purchase. A boardie owned it before me and I think made a huge profit on the sale.

162173.jpg.982bd79875c7f038215f201cf457c09c.jpg

some time ago, imo

Kind of remarkable when you consider there are 158 copies of Cap 1 on the census (all shades of slab) v. 58 Marvel 1. I always thought of Cap 1 and Batman 1 as the easiest of the GA keys with Action 1, Tec 27, and Marvel 1 being the mega keys.

I feel very lucky to have purchased this a couple of years ago- by far my most expensive purchase. A boardie owned it before me and I think made a huge profit on the sale.

Beautiful copy and very nice signature placement.

Wow would love to have that. Great book. :golfclap: